Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I did and wished I waited just a bit longer (I was about 3 weeks out). I was horribly nauseous and ended up throwing up quite a bit. I was nervous the whole time that I was going to hurt my stomach. I would have waited another few weeks if I had to do it over again.

I got mine the day after my two week post op appointment. Dr said it was okay. I didn’t have any side effects at all. Everything was fine.

Edited by ShoppGirl

They wanted me to wait one month to get it. I will be getting my second dose on Saturday.

4 hours ago, Nellie86 said:

Anyone get the Covid vaccine after the surgery?

Sent from my Pixel 4a using BariatricPal mobile app

Got mine today(Pfizer) and it has me soooo tired! I’m almost 3 months out.

Edited by Chantrella

I got the second Pfizer shot two weeks after my surgery. I had the standard side effects - body aches, chills, fatigue - but it lasted most of one day and then I was fine. Worth it to not get Covid!

Got the Moderna (3 months post op). I'm fine!

Pfizer. 2nd shot over a month ago and I was well post-op at that time. Literally zero side effects from shot 2.

I did. I had my surgery in December and got my vaccine in February. I had no ill side effects at all. So glad I did both!

So I got my second Pfizer shot Saturday. The first shot I had no issues other than a sore arm and I thought I had a few bites (flea? Spider) on my arm that itched….. no big deal. Can you see where this is going?
The second shot: I got it Saturday morning and then I had to rush out to go to an event. I wore long sleeves and long pants…. I didn’t realize until I got home and got in the shower that I had an allergic reaction. Hives. They are now pretty much everywhere except my face/hands/and feet. They were in my throat for the first two days but those have receded.
benedryl does nothing. I have a call in with my dr and they are going to figure something out hopefully. I want the itch to stop!!!

Fully vaccinated since March and no problems except a sore arm both times.

I got vaccinated in January about 2 months post op. No problems, felt a bit run down after the second dose but it lasted less than a day then back to business.