Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

1 minute ago, la0525 said:

Had surgery 3/2/2021 (Sleeve) and down 48 pounds which is good, but I feel like its low comparably speaking!! I've been off blood pressure meds and not snored since Day 1, so there's that!

I had mind 3/9 and I have lost only 43 pounds. Some of us are just slower losers I think. Your non scale victories are great though!!

Any tips to speed up this weight loss March Sleeve losers??? I know my doctor says to be patient and I'm doing great, but still....

Edited by la0525

Hi All!! Had bypass on March 3rd and passed my 100lbs lost mark today!! Please keep in mind that I lost 45lb pre-op so it's about 56lbs post-op so don't compare it to the full 100lbs. I know we all stress out comparing weight loss, but I just wanted to Celebrate with my March peeps. Making good eating choices has become more of a struggle since I'm off for the summer. I'm hoping when I start back next week that getting on a schedule will help.

We've had a great summer! I've been able to keep up with my kids, ride roller coasters again and shop in the non-plus side of the store!

Hope everyone is doing well!!

On 7/22/2021 at 2:25 AM, njlimmer said:

Hi All!! Had bypass on March 3rd and passed my 100lbs lost mark today!! Please keep in mind that I lost 45lb pre-op so it's about 56lbs post-op so don't compare it to the full 100lbs. I know we all stress out comparing weight loss, but I just wanted to Celebrate with my March peeps. Making good eating choices has become more of a struggle since I'm off for the summer. I'm hoping when I start back next week that getting on a schedule will help.

We've had a great summer! I've been able to keep up with my kids, ride roller coasters again and shop in the non-plus side of the store!

Hope everyone is doing well!!

Congratulations, that’s an awesome achievement!!

It’s my 5 month surgiversary today!! Best decision I have ever made! I have lost 81 pounds in total, 68 post surgery. Not only do I feel so much healthier but there are so many non scale victories too. Only real downside has been losing so much hair but I would still have gone ahead with the surgery. I set my goal weight to 165 pounds because I actually don’t know how I would look at that weight as an adult. I may revise it when I get there, but it feels pretty good to be so much closer to that goal.

I really hope you’re all doing well and are happy to have had the surgery. I’d love to hear about your journeys to date, the good and even the not so good 😊. Below is a before picture and one taken yesterday. I hated being in photos so I didn’t take one just before surgery but I now wish I had.

48EBEA8D-DD37-4104-8A12-5B07ADD7BA64.jpeg

B6FBC1BA-505B-431D-B1BA-0BB7BB9F2554.jpeg

Edited by Butterflyeffect

Any other March sleevers found themself in a stall. I have lost 55 pounds and I seem to be stuck 20 pounds from my goal weight. How is everyone else doing??

Hello! I’m down about 70 but only started losing again when I started phentermine!!

I had surgery at 297 or something (I can’t remember) and I am now 232.
my goal weight was 195. I JUST started losing again after a massive stall that lasted WEEKS. I get like I was stuck at 245 forever!

food wise: I’m getting in 50- 60 grams of Protein (my protein levels are lower than the average patient because of kidney issues)

Caloric intake is 700-800 a day. I really can’t get in much sometimes but I make sure to hit my protein and Water goals.

sample meals for a day:

breakfast: scrambled egg (I’ll eat maybe half

snack: cheese stick

lunch: P3 and a yogurt (sometimes I can’t finish the yogurt and only eat half)

Dinner: 2 chicken wings and a bite or two of a side, but not much and I often pass on the side completely and just eat the chicken.

I just had my call from the dr and they told me I was doing great…. So I guess they aren’t concerned with my stall 🤷🏼‍♀️
i honestly can’t even give them an accurate weight because the 232 was when I had jeans, shoes, etc… all my clothes. So I might be 220 something lol

I have a tough time finding before photos. I never wanted my photos taken ever…

tnis was one of me not even at my heaviest…. I had actually lost a good amount of weight in the striped shirt photo…
and then another of me now.

before: size 26/28 now: size 16 and going down

before size 44 G bras now: size 38DD

most of the change is in how I feel.. I was walking with a cane and was wheelchair bound. Now I can walk without problems

CD757DCE-4EED-4AAE-BC89-23B697E13A0C.jpeg

2D665EC8-1518-4C4B-B556-F4F13EDFF1E4.jpeg

Edited by Orinskye

11 minutes ago, Orinskye said:

tnis was one of me not even at my heaviest…. I had actually lost a good amount of weight in the striped shirt photo…

most of the change is in how I feel.. I was walking with a cane and was wheelchair bound. Now I can walk without problems

Good for you. That’s awesome.

17 hours ago, Orinskye said:

You look amazing!! Great job!!

On 8/1/2021 at 6:59 AM, Butterflyeffect said:

It’s my 5 month surgiversary today!! Best decision I have ever made! I have lost 81 pounds in total, 68 post surgery. Not only do I feel so much healthier but there are so many non scale victories too. Only real downside has been losing so much hair but I would still have gone ahead with the surgery. I set my goal weight to 165 pounds because I actually don’t know how I would look at that weight as an adult. I may revise it when I get there, but it feels pretty good to be so much closer to that goal.

I really hope you’re all doing well and are happy to have had the surgery. I’d love to hear about your journeys to date, the good and even the not so good 😊. Below is a before picture and one taken yesterday. I hated being in photos so I didn’t take one just before surgery but I now wish I had.

48EBEA8D-DD37-4104-8A12-5B07ADD7BA64.jpeg

B6FBC1BA-505B-431D-B1BA-0BB7BB9F2554.jpeg

Love that sweater dress! Amazing job!

Hi I had gastric sleeve surgery on march 18, 2021 at Cleveland Clinic by Dr Benscath. I am doing wonderfully well. I met my goal a long time ago and I am trying to slow down my weight loss. This is my first day on this website and hope all is well with you guys.

2 minutes ago, Bill Potts said:

Hi I had gastric sleeve surgery on march 18, 2021 at Cleveland Clinic by Dr Benscath. I am doing wonderfully well. I met my goal a long time ago and I am trying to slow down my weight loss. This is my first day on this website and hope all is well with you guys.

Hello Bill. I am March 9 surgery. I am still 14 pounds from goal (11 from normal BMI). To slow down the loss I have heard others suggest adding in healthy fats like nuts/nut butters, avacado, and healthy oils.

My first two months I spent in and out of the hospital. They were tough! Week 10 onto now is much easier.