Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

February 2021 Sleevers - How is it going?

Just wanted to check in and see how everyone is doing.
HW 264
SW 235
CW 195
GW 130
Height 5’5”
BMI 32.6
I was sleeved 2/24/21 and am down 40 lbs since surgery and 69 lbs overall. I recently made it to Onederland and am down 3 sizes- gave all my pre-surgery clothes to a friend! Finding this is very doable and sticking with program. Using Baritastic app to track macros/ meet Protein and fluid goals. I am attending support group hosted by my surgeon’s practice and belong to a couple other online bariatric social groups/ recipe groups.

I am so happy I did this and looking forward to meeting my goal weight sometime. I eat between 650-900 calories per day ( not per surgeon- just the info from my tracking app) and exercise daily. I worry I am too high in calories but I feel good and the weight continues to come off- 5 lbs this week. Looking to start weight lifting to add muscle and help with sagging skin.

I would love to hear how you are all doing.

You’re doing so well, Jaye W! I’ve been slowly trucking along with loss on the scale, but the inches lost make me happy. I haven’t bought any new clothes but urgently need new bras. I have some smaller clothes in my closet (previous yo yo dieter) and yesterday put on a pair of size 14 jeans (no stretch)! I’ve been in my first mini-stall for about a week and a half but I am practicing patience knowing it’s just a blip.

I was an exerciser pre-weight loss but I’ve added more strength training in addition to cardio days. I feel stronger and more flexible. Getting up from the floor is easier! I’m about where you are calorie wise. Remember that with exercise you need to fuel your body. I am probably still eating about 3 oz of Protein per meal and sometimes I can add veggies but usually I can’t. I have a Protein Shake daily to meet my protein goals but may experiment with adding a snack in instead. I know I can’t eat 30 grams of protein though so a shake is such an easy add.

Working on my mindset and appreciating my body how it is now, knowing that great changes are on the way. Reminding myself that I can’t hate my body into something I love. Sometimes I feel like I’m disconnected from my body—an outside observer—so I am trying to connect with myself more through meditation and gratitude journaling.

ETA: one of the reasons I feel disconnected is that I have BTDT in regards to a smaller body/weight loss. Maybe I don’t want to get too attached in case it’s like all the other times I lost weight only to regain it back? Mindset adjustment for sure.

Edited by NiceAnkles
Added more

I was sleeved 2/5. Down 88 lbs total (62 post op). Feeling great!

Hi folks!

HW: 267

SW: 255

CW: 227

Height: 5'5

Can't believe I'm 3 month out already! I've lost almost 30 lbs since surgery. 40 lbs since January and I feel great! I was stalling A LOT the first 2 month. I've done so much extreme diets in the past, I think my body was used to it and was trying to wait me out. I haven't had any stalls this month though so I think my body is finally giving up on holding my fat cells hostage! LOL! I am eating roughly 700-1000 calories. I still mostly drink my calories with Protein shakes/drinks. I usually have yogurt for Breakfast, a handful of leftovers for lunch and dinner with protein and veggies or chili. I just started working out again last week. Mostly cardio and Yoga. I am hoping to lose another 30lbs by my birthday (September), then another 30 lbs to my goal by December. I've come to terms with the fact that I didn't dramatically lose a bunch of pounds and my journey is more slow and steady. I haven't brought any new clothes yet but I do feel more comfortable in the clothes I have now. I am thinking its time for some new bras but I want to hold out as long as possible. On a side note, my boyfriend has been so supportive and gone on this weight loss journey with me (without surgery). He is down almost 30 lbs too (MEN!). I think my slower loss keeps him motivated. We are like 3 lbs away from each other and have a mini race going on during our weekly check ins.