Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

229... my first real milestone

I know it's no where near my goal and I've been losing pretty slowly compared to some but I'm finally consistently below 230! That's a big deal to me! Every time I try to lose weight, I always get stuck around 233 and eventually give up. I called it my "normal fat" weight where I don't hate myself. This feels like my first real milestone. 203 is next (my weight after my first year teaching).

I've been discouraged since surgery because my weight loss pattern is stalling 80% of the time and losing a few pounds overnight every 2-3 weeks. I'm averaging about 7 pounds a month and I'm still pretty early out. But this is a WIN for me! I think this WILL work for me! It just might take some time.

AND I started working out this week. Fingers crossed that it speeds things up (or keeps things going).

7 lbs a month is great! That is 84 lbs over a year, putting you at 145 this time next year. Keep up the good work, make sure you’re tracking your intake, following your program, moving your body, and keeping well hydrated and you’ll hit your next goal in no time.

Thanks @kristieshannon! That's what I'm thinking as well! I wanted to be averaging like 10 lbs (at least at the beginning) but that's not my journey it seems. Lol. Im a HUGE Greys Anatomy fan and they seem to punish patients that lose weight too fast all the time. Lol! So I guess it OK...

4 hours ago, XtinaDoesIt said:

I know it's no where near my goal and I've been losing pretty slowly compared to some but I'm finally consistently below 230! That's a big deal to me! Every time I try to lose weight, I always get stuck around 233 and eventually give up. I called it my "normal fat" weight where I don't hate myself. This feels like my first real milestone. 203 is next (my weight after my first year teaching).

I've been discouraged since surgery because my weight loss pattern is stalling 80% of the time and losing a few pounds overnight every 2-3 weeks. I'm averaging about 7 pounds a month and I'm still pretty early out. But this is a WIN for me! I think this WILL work for me! It just might take some time.

AND I started working out this week. Fingers crossed that it speeds things up (or keeps things going).

WAY TO GO! Its like I was talking to myself! I am the same always getting down to 230's but never in the 220s for 10 years I am 3 pounds away from being under 230. Do not get discouraged slow and steady is the best why so you are not losing muscle mass with the fat. You are doing great keep up the good work!

10 hours ago, XtinaDoesIt said:

7 pounds is good! Everyone loses at a different rate so try not to compare yourself to others, even if that's difficult to do. And honestly? Some of us have stall issues, myself included. Holy hell, but I stall a LOT! In the beginning of my journey I didn't have stall issues. But then the third month of my journey came and I stalled for 23 days and... after that stalls that last 3-4 weeks are the norm now (I'm 15 months post op. Though it's hilarious that stall was in April of last year and the worst stall of my journey happened in April of THIS year... I think the month of April HATES me!). Hell, I literally came out of my biggest stall of my journey (lost a pound on March 29th and then didn't lose anything until April 29th. I lost a pound.) only to hit a HUGE milestone and the past few days I've just added to that by somehow making up for the worst weight loss month of my journey and losing 5 pounds in a week. My trick? I cut my sodium this week. That was it. Apparently that was all I needed to do lol.

Anyway, enjoy every little victory on the journey. I always try and set a weight loss goal for the month. It used to be 10 pounds and then I realized THAT wasn't going to happen anymore and lowered that to 5 pounds a month which worked until December (I lose 2 pounds then same in January. Met the goal in February and March, but lost 1 pound in April. But 4 so far in May). You're doing great. Slow and steady wins the race!

Edited by NovaLuna

Thanks @NovaLuna! Thats so interesting about your April curse! Maybe you're more stressed in April or something? I need to cut down on sodium but salt is soooo good! lol! My blood pressure is generally high so I so watch it but I'll keep that in mind for my next stall. I don't know why but the last 3 weeks have actually been GREAT for me! I've been losing 2-3 lbs consistently. I'm scared to type this because I don't want to jinx it! I did start working out again last week and I think it really does make a difference. lol! I didnt have too much faith in it helping because I know working out only counts for a small precent of weight loss and I was feeling low energy. But I actually have more energy now that I am working out and eating more. I'm happier and losing more weight. Woop Woop!!! I think my body needed time to adjust.

Me: Im going to lose weight. *Does weight lost surgery, eats 600 cal a day*

Body: Here she does again. Time to hold on to all the weight until she gives up. I think I can hold out a few months.

Body in 3 months: Can't hold out any longer! Must actually burn fat cells!

On 5/6/2021 at 2:11 AM, NovaLuna said:

I think the month of April HATES me!