Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

First day of liquid stage 2. Worried.

So I am starting liquid stage 2 today after being a week postop after BPD/DS and I'm worried about the amount of consuming I can do before feeling full. I worry I don't get full quick enough. It's still liquid, so there's THAT right? I intended to have my cottage cheese, small curd, and chew it well enough to be more thin and less curd-y, have a quarter or half cup of it and probably feel like I hit a wall. It didn't quite happen like that.

I nipped through it slowly and I'd get what I thought was full for a second but it passed like a gas bubble. Happened a couple times and I'd hold off for a couple minutes. But if I got a pang, I'd allow myself another bite or a couple. Well, I ended up eating probably a cups worth in 10-15 minutes.

Maybe I'm being too hard on myself. Maybe my expectations aren't where they should be. I had a LOT of stomach to remove (I was 486 when I started my preop diet). Maybe I'll err a little higher on what's expected? I'm a worrier though and I'm worried sick within weeks I'll be back to never full, always hungry, and would like to hear what other people have experienced or have to say. I know it comes down to control. But the assistance of feeling full was something I'd hoped would be a little more... dramatic.

Thanks guys...

Sent from my SM-G988U using BariatricPal mobile app

if you're still on fluids, you're not going to feel any restriction - they pretty much go right through you. Most of us start feeling the restriction once we move to solid food.

also, don't chase the "full" feeling yet. You've had nerves cut, and it takes awhile for them to regenerate. Also, for many of us, "full" doesn't really feel the same after surgery as it did before. I never feel "full" the way I used to...I just know when I start feeling some discomfort in my chest, it's time to stop eating or I'm going to be sorry. It can take awhile to figure out what your new full cues are - so in the mean time, just measure out what you're supposed to eat and eat that.

I felt the same way. I can drink pretty sizable drinks of Water and smoothies. I worried that I wouldn’t feel full and maybe it didn’t work for me. BUT I tried more solid food yesterday for the first time - tuna with some mayo (about a quarter cup) and boy did I feel the “restriction.” Today one meal I had some hard boiled egg on a bit of lettuce and same thing. Very full.

I didn't feel restriction until after the puree stage. I was terrified. Don't worry. The first time you eat one too many bites of meat, It will be "dramatic". Lol Ask me how I know.

17 minutes ago, adamthezombie said:

Well now I got to ask... lol.

Sent from my SM-G988U using BariatricPal mobile app

You'll see. Look up foamies