Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Just finished working my last shift prior to surgery. Monday I get to have a light Breakfast, a Protein Shake for lunch then Clear Liquids thereafter. I have to be at the hospital by 5am Tuesday, June 1st. It’s just crazy how fast the time seems to have passed since my Informational Seminar and first consult!

Sending you good thoughts. Keep us posted!

1 minute ago, SJoJoMGB said:

June 16th here

Me too!!

I start my two-week liquid diet tomorrow so I'm going out for steak and beer for lunch today. I'm actually looking forward to beginning the diet but I know it'll be hard. I'm determined not to cheat at all but it's hard when you read about others who did not have to do two full weeks of liquid only and were still healthy enough for the surgery. I'm only 210 lbs so the diet seems extreme but I know I'll be more successful if I follow directions.

Edited by TwinMom2020

@TwinMom2020 enjoy your lunch!! My best advice is don’t overthink the liquid diet... just do it. Stay super busy and fill up on Gatorade and Water. I prepped my meat and veggies for the week which made it even easier. There will be so many temptations, but talk yourself out of it. We are just getting back from a 4 day vacation and I’m not gonna lie it wasn’t easy, but I didn’t cheat.
I agree it seems a bit extreme when others don’t even have to do the diet. I have one more week on the liquids pre op so we shall see if I remain on track lol.
Good luck and if you need and support, have questions or need to vent I’m your girl... the struggle is real!

It’s the day before I start my 2 week liquid diet. I am allowed 3oz meat and 1/2 cup non starch veggies. Any planning recommendations or tips are welcome.
Can’t wait to get my surgery and see how this tool can help me reach my health goals.

4 minutes ago, 1979grit said:

It’s the day before I start my 2 week liquid diet. I am allowed 3oz meat and 1/2 cup non starch veggies. Any planning recommendations or tips are welcome.
Can’t wait to get my surgery and see how this tool can help me reach my health goals.

My go to was steak and onion on the grill. Had it almost everyday. The grilled onion really adds flavor and you won’t be able to have steak for quite a while.

I started my Pre-OP diet 7 days ago and have lost 9.6 pounds! I have to do a 21 day versus a 14 day because of my BMI. The first few days were harder as everyone has mentioned. I think we are just set in our routines and think "i have to eat now." My nutritionist recommended not drinking the Protein Shakes as long as possible after I wake up before my first one. So, I drink my first one around 1pm. dinner at 6pm and then I stop. If I am still really hungry, I do the 2nd shake. I have read people say this is harder than the surgery and it could be! I keep reminding myself that the vsg will help me not feel hungry. I am already doing well not eating and telling myself "nope, can't have it" I wish my family (hubby and 3 kids) were more understanding. I don't want to clean their messes in the kitchen when I can't even eat! I also realize how often someone is grazing in the kitchen! I leave for my surgery out of state on the 10th and surgery is the 15th. I am very excited but also nervous! Getting these first TEN OFF are a huge motivation boost! Good Luck everybody!

1 hour ago, Drinkwine28 said:

I started my Pre-OP diet 7 days ago and have lost 9.6 pounds! I have to do a 21 day versus a 14 day because of my BMI. The first few days were harder as everyone has mentioned. I think we are just set in our routines and think "i have to eat now." My nutritionist recommended not drinking the Protein Shakes as long as possible after I wake up before my first one. So, I drink my first one around 1pm. dinner at 6pm and then I stop. If I am still really hungry, I do the 2nd shake. I have read people say this is harder than the surgery and it could be! I keep reminding myself that the vsg will help me not feel hungry. I am already doing well not eating and telling myself "nope, can't have it" I wish my family (hubby and 3 kids) were more understanding. I don't want to clean their messes in the kitchen when I can't even eat! I also realize how often someone is grazing in the kitchen! I leave for my surgery out of state on the 10th and surgery is the 15th. I am very excited but also nervous! Getting these first TEN OFF are a huge motivation boost! Good Luck everybody!

I am doing a 3 week liquid diet too. It starts tomorrow. I have to be under a certain weight by June 15th, so I am just starting it a little early (my surgery is scheduled for the 21st). My daughters are freaking out about the idea of a liquid diet and my husband is worried that I will be hangry all the time, which surprisingly makes me less worried and more focused because someone has got to keep it together - lol! I do plan to have my three allowed Protein Shakes a day, as these are the only things of substance I am allowed to have, and treat them like Breakfast, lunch, and dinner.< br />
Congratulations on the weight loss - that is 10 pounds you do not have to worry about after surgery! I am hoping for the same!

Sending good thoughts to all of us having our surgery this week! Please keep us posted!

I'm scheduled for Thursday and am on Clear Liquids only today and tomorrow.

Shell in Dallas