Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

2 hours ago, NewMe_2021 said:

I still have surgical glue on my belly which is starting to become annoying as it slowly begins to peel off. I'm really resisting just pulling it off at this point.

My doc told me at the one-week followup that I should remove the glue in the shower. That didn't work too well, so I took it off with Goo-gone, which has some xylene and some mineral oil in it. That takes it right off.

I also have problems getting calories and especially Water when I'm out doing errands. I never really get hungry, but I've started to carry a water bottle with me. I'm an amateur singer, and getting dehydrated is really bad for voices.

Hi everyone, I am new to this forum. I had VSG on June 30th 2021. I am currently down 30 pounds (give or take a pound). I have hit a plateau and just can’t get over the mental f*ck it is giving me. The plateau started when I was cleared to eat purée food and start taking my Vitamins. The scale goes up and down 1-2 pounds a day. I am told this is normal and the “3 week plateau” can take up to a couple weeks to budge and for the scale to move down again. It really sucks though!!!!! Makes me worried the surgery won’t work for me or my stomach is stretched out already. Such negative thoughts start happening but I am choosing to stay focused and remain positive. Any feedback and words of encouragement are appreciated 🙂

1st of all cograts on the loss so far. 30 pounds that quick is pretty remarkable. I am 6 weeks out and I am only down a little over 30 since surgery. What was your suegery weight. 2nd I had this conversation with my doc Tuesday. Her advice was focus on non scale victories and that everyone will have stalls. She advised me not to weigh everyday or I would not focus on my weight loss with the correct mindframe.

12 minutes ago, BreezieG1102 said:

Hi everyone, I am new to this forum. I had VSG on June 30th 2021. I am currently down 30 pounds (give or take a pound). I have hit a plateau and just can’t get over the mental f*ck it is giving me. The plateau started when I was cleared to eat purée food and start taking my Vitamins. The scale goes up and down 1-2 pounds a day. I am told this is normal and the “3 week plateau” can take up to a couple weeks to budge and for the scale to move down again. It really sucks though!!!!! Makes me worried the surgery won’t work for me or my stomach is stretched out already. Such negative thoughts start happening but I am choosing to stay focused and remain positive. Any feedback and words of encouragement are appreciated 🙂

I was sleeved June 15th. The stall really really happens and it sucks. Just keep doing what you know is right. Don't let your thoughts consume you. I kept telling myself I was at the right calories and Water intake and especially Protein. Lots of people on the blogs reminded me that we are actually STILL healing and our bodies go into repair mode. I knew there were changes because my clothes felt different and other signs. Take measurements. I know mine are not very accurate because lord knows it's awkward taking them, but they did go down! Then, all of sudden after 2.5 weeks, the scale moved! Here is a picture i got somewhere (either here or another page) that helped me a lot!

217540736_10224557223265290_2075487068272518349_n.jpg

Hi everyone, I am new to this forum. I had VSG on June 30th 2021. I am currently down 30 pounds (give or take a pound). I have hit a plateau and just can’t get over the mental f*ck it is giving me. The plateau started when I was cleared to eat purée food and start taking my Vitamins. The scale goes up and down 1-2 pounds a day. I am told this is normal and the “3 week plateau” can take up to a couple weeks to budge and for the scale to move down again. It really sucks though!!!!! Makes me worried the surgery won’t work for me or my stomach is stretched out already. Such negative thoughts start happening but I am choosing to stay focused and remain positive. Any feedback and words of encouragement are appreciated [emoji846]
Congrats on the 30lb loss!!! I also had VSG on the 30th and am only down appx. 15lbs.. I had a 12 day stall that started in week 2. It's frustrating but it is what it is...lol...But I'm just focusing on staying on the plan and letting the process work itself out. As long as the trajectory is downward, I'm happy [emoji4]
Good luck on your journey!

Sent from my SM-G975U using BariatricPal mobile app

6 hours ago, ClarkKent said:

1st of all cograts on the loss so far. 30 pounds that quick is pretty remarkable. I am 6 weeks out and I am only down a little over 30 since surgery. What was your suegery weight. 2nd I had this conversation with my doc Tuesday. Her advice was focus on non scale victories and that everyone will have stalls. She advised me not to weigh everyday or I would not focus on my weight loss with the correct mindframe.

Thank you @ClarkKent for the support. My surgery weight was 220lbs.

6 hours ago, Drinkwine28 said:

I was sleeved June 15th. The stall really really happens and it sucks. Just keep doing what you know is right. Don't let your thoughts consume you. I kept telling myself I was at the right calories and Water intake and especially Protein. Lots of people on the blogs reminded me that we are actually STILL healing and our bodies go into repair mode. I knew there were changes because my clothes felt different and other signs. Take measurements. I know mine are not very accurate because lord knows it's awkward taking them, but they did go down! Then, all of sudden after 2.5 weeks, the scale moved! Here is a picture i got somewhere (either here or another page) that helped me a lot!

217540736_10224557223265290_2075487068272518349_n.jpg

This is such a great visual!!! So helpful. It really put it all into perspective for me!!

5 hours ago, Dani64519 said:

Congrats on the 30lb loss!!! I also had VSG on the 30th and am only down appx. 15lbs.. I had a 12 day stall that started in week 2. It's frustrating but it is what it is...lol...But I'm just focusing on staying on the plan and letting the process work itself out. As long as the trajectory is downward, I'm happy
Good luck on your journey!

Sent from my SM-G975U using BariatricPal mobile app

Thank you for the support! I really just gotta stay focused and have optimism. With patience and due time the scale will move.

How are are all our June surgery ppl doing?? I think I’’m stalled! And have BEEN stalled for weeks! I feel good, I FEEL thinner, my clothes fit loosely, I’ve lost my boobs. I feel like everyone else is dropping weight like a hot potato, so that disheartens me.

14 minutes ago, Tripletsmom1971 said:

How are are all our June surgery ppl doing?? I think I’’m stalled! And have BEEN stalled for weeks! I feel good, I FEEL thinner, my clothes fit loosely, I’ve lost my boobs. I feel like everyone else is dropping weight like a hot potato, so that disheartens me.

I feel the same way!!!! I have been up and down the same two pounds for a month…I am only eating between 600-900 calories a day and have a high BMI so I am very disheartened…..talked to my nut and she says eat more ….should be 1200 ….eat an extra Protein Bar yesterday and up a pound this am ……sad!!!!! I know it is hard to not compare our journey with others ….try and stay positive! Your clothes are getting looser so something must be working …take care

Stalled

I have been stalled for several weeks too but I have been walking, cycling and just started some strength training. I had a follow up with the doctor and nutritionist yesterday and it turns out I have had a significant reduction in my percent fat and a significant increase in my lean muscle mass. So, I am stalled but some of it is a shift in my body composition. They recommended I drop from 800 calories a day to 600 calories a day because my estimated calories may be slipping. I have to admit that I probably wasn't being true to my estimate of 800 calories so I am trying to drop back down to 600 to account for that fudge factor I am was allowing. Hopefully that will help break that stall and get me back to being more accountable on my caloric intake. I guess time will tell.

Sent from my SM-G998U using BariatricPal mobile app

On 5/20/2021 at 11:59 AM, JustSJ said:

@Shrink&Grow I heard nothing from my surgeon's office for weeks, then a flurry of activity this week. I emailed them a couple of times while I was waiting, but it was probably an annoyance to them. Didn't get much of a response except for "we're working on your paperwork." :)

I get the same thing

On 7/6/2021 at 10:35 AM, Dave In Houston said:

My doc told me at the one-week followup that I should remove the glue in the shower. That didn't work too well, so I took it off with Goo-gone, which has some xylene and some mineral oil in it. That takes it right off.

I also have problems getting calories and especially Water when I'm out doing errands. I never really get hungry, but I've started to carry a water bottle with me. I'm an amateur singer, and getting dehydrated is really bad for voices.

Another thing I had not thought about...glue removal...lol

On 6/21/2021 at 3:38 PM, jjfesq said:

Tomorrow I am at Mercy on LI with Dr. Holover @ 545 AM for an 8am Sleeve. Nervous and excited all at the same time. Keep me in your prayers.

Update?

5 hours ago, endzone said:

I feel the same way!!!! I have been up and down the same two pounds for a month…I am only eating between 600-900 calories a day and have a high BMI so I am very disheartened…..talked to my nut and she says eat more ….should be 1200 ….eat an extra Protein Bar yesterday and up a pound this am ……sad!!!!! I know it is hard to not compare our journey with others ….try and stay positive! Your clothes are getting looser so something must be working …take care

Maybe get more Protein in the form of shakes or liquid? I see that has worked for some to break the stalls.