Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

3 hours ago, Drinkwine28 said:

6/15th too! I don't think anyone could have prepared me for how hard these two weeks would be. I have zero energy probably because i can only get like 300 calories in a day at most! I just had such an easy recovery and then this is really hard. I am drinking fine but the shakes are hard to get down. Talked to the nurse that said to try greek yogurt which was good. I love SF popsicles so she said use Protein Water to make popsicles and get more Protein that way. he also said it was okay to try a pureed Soup or Jello. I made my own Jello and added Protein Powder to it. I am really looking forward to trying eggs and then some tuna. :)

You are not kidding! This is THE hardest thing I have done! My stomach constantly releases hunger hormones and therefore I get the pains. It got so bad last night I mashed about 1/3 cup cottage cheese (acceptable in my next phase) because I couldn't stand the brain stress. Needless to say, I suffered last night. It was definitely too soon and too close to bedtime. Today is a good day though! I ordered some lamb OXO boullion cubes off Amazon and I had some chopped mint that I added and it really reminded me of lamb and mint sauce!

I'm definitely struggling mentally with this and physically with the hunger pains being SO STRONG! I was not expecting that at all.

Trying to stay positive... only have 4 more days on phase 1! Hang in there, everyone! We got this!

@Drinkwine28 and @Iluvbats I’m with you on it being HARD! I posted earlier because I was so excited I did it (surgery 6/21) and was feeling good. This is post op day 4 and now I’m feeling lots of things. 🙃 Still have pain from hernia repair (minor but annoying), weird bubbly tummy that sometimes feels like hunger growls - but isn’t, and feel gassy.

I have major head games happening. My brain will not stop thinking about all sorts of junk food - even food that I didn’t really care about before (it’s like a junk food slide show in my head).

I am on a liquid diet the first two weeks and can then introduce softer foods slowly. I’ve been having lots of Water, Gatorade zero, Protein Drinks, and tried some broth. I’m fantasizing about those eggs and cottage cheese among other things! 🤤 I am keeping a journal and telling myself that I can’t give into my brain games the first 6 months. I think being able to chew will help in the future. It has to get better, right?

We can do this!

Mine was June 21st, I’m new here

1 hour ago, blkhawk2380 said:

Mine was June 21st, I’m new here

Welcome! I am 11 days post-op and really loving the decision I made to get VSG. The support from others telling their experiences really helps because no one knows what we go through except for us, right.

On 06/27/2021 at 09:10, Iluvbats said:

Welcome! I am 11 days post-op and really loving the decision I made to get VSG. The support from others telling their experiences really helps because no one knows what we go through except for us, right.

I wasn’t getting any ‘real’ answers from my bariatric team, I knew I could find help here, thanks to everyone here ❤️

Hello everyone, I’m so glad to have all of you! All of the comments have helped me to feel like I’m not alone and supported! Unless you have been through this it’s hard to explain to other supports what it’s like. Im finding that it really is a unique journey that we are on!

This heartburn is unreal.. what helps it?

Good morning everyone! I’ve been reading the post and am so glad people have been doing well (although hard). I can’t wait to try some of the purée stage ideas I read about!

I just had my sleeve done 4 days ago and I’m happy to say everyone was right with the 4 day hump thing. I woke up feeling allot better than the previous days. The only thing I’m having trouble with is the dammed heparin shots 😥. I have to give myself 2 injections a day for a month :/. Anyone else had to do this?

Just now, Eli05 said:

Good morning everyone! I’ve been reading the post and am so glad people have been doing well (although hard). I can’t wait to try some of the purée stage ideas I read about!

I just had my sleeve done 4 days ago and I’m happy to say everyone was right with the 4 day hump thing. I woke up feeling allot better than the previous days. The only thing I’m having trouble with is the dammed heparin shots 😥. I have to give myself 2 injections a day for a month :/. Anyone else had to do this?

I have to administer shots as well. My doctor was worried about blood clots because of my weight. I have a friend who started at a lower weight and had a different surgeon and did not have to do this. Luckily, I outsourced my duties...my husband has been doing it for me. I almost passed out when they described it to me, so I feel for you! I hope it gets easier!

Hi there regarding those shots. I self administered but I'm a nurse so not a big deal. I will tell you something most aren't told. Go slow when pushing med. It is very thick. If you go too fast you will get heavy bruising.

Hope this helps :)

9 hours ago, t0bell@ said:

This heartburn is unreal.. what helps it?

I'm sorry to hear you are dealing with heartburn. My doctor put me on Prilosec which I take every morning. I haven't had any heartburn but definitely call your doctor's office. They will be able to help you.

18 hours ago, Niquah said:

Hello everyone hope all you guys are healing well my surgery is Tuesday and I'm scared excited and anxious this pre op liquid diet huh

Congratulations! The surgery is the easy part imo. I really didn't have any significant pain. I would recommend having some Cepacol type lozenges (if allowed) for the sore throat, but ask first. I had my earbuds and listened to music on a really low volume so I could sleep through the night, but you do you. I actually enjoyed my hospital stay. My nurses were phenomenal! I could have stayed an extra day! All the best for tomorrow!