Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

@somber

Congratulations! I am so glad everything went well for you! I am so excited to be on this journey.

Today will wrap up my first week back to work. I'm finding my groove with sipping through the day and actually eating when my alarms go off. I only had one day where I felt wiped out and was able to step away and slept for a solid hour and a half. I'm thankful I have the flexibility to do that right now. I've been having a hard time drinking my shakes since they are so daggone sweet. This morning I decided to mix half of my shake with an equal amount of Fairlife milk and have found it to be much more manageable. It's far less sweet and the nutrition is about the same. I think this will be my go to from now on. Maybe I won't dread drinking them as much. Two more weeks and I can finally add in some pureed foods, which I am really looking forward to!

10 hours ago, NewMe_2021 said:

Today will wrap up my first week back to work. I'm finding my groove with sipping through the day and actually eating when my alarms go off. I only had one day where I felt wiped out and was able to step away and slept for a solid hour and a half. I'm thankful I have the flexibility to do that right now. I've been having a hard time drinking my shakes since they are so daggone sweet. This morning I decided to mix half of my shake with an equal amount of Fairlife milk and have found it to be much more manageable. It's far less sweet and the nutrition is about the same. I think this will be my go to from now on. Maybe I won't dread drinking them as much. Two more weeks and I can finally add in some pureed foods, which I am really looking forward to!

I had a hard time with shakes In the beginning because of the sweetness too. I found the clear Protein Drinks to be easier to get down.

I am one week post surgery. A lot has changed in a week. My first couple of days were unbearable. I was told things would turn day 5 and YES I turned the corner. For me, the hardest part is dealing with how much I miss crunching foods. I've never been a foodie but husband says it's all I talk about now. Looking forward to stage 3 and Melba toast 😋

Hi fellow Junies!

I had my surgery on the 15th with a little complication, but it is all fine now. I am three days away from puréed food and looking forward to it. Today, I can’t tolerate the taste of any Protein Shake or Soup. I know it’s in my head and trying to stick to it.

also, I have not lost any weight in 4 days. I think I am going to hide the scale for a while.

How’s everyone doing?

8 hours ago, CanadianGrl said:

I am one week post surgery. A lot has changed in a week. My first couple of days were unbearable. I was told things would turn day 5 and YES I turned the corner. For me, the hardest part is dealing with how much I miss crunching foods. I've never been a foodie but husband says it's all I talk about now. Looking forward to stage 3 and Melba toast 😋

I am 5 days post op too and I feel much better. This is mainly due to feeling like I know what is going on with my body a little more. I can now recognize pain (swollen stomach) vs. full (restrictive feeling), etc.

I have my husband tell me in detail everything he is eating/cooking too. I listen with intense detail, imagine the different tastes, and so appreciate what he is cooking. I don't have cravings or feel deprived, I just appreciate it to the nth!

@Ffmgl I had mine 6/8 and recently went about 5 days with no weight loss. Then 2lbs gone in 2 days. I walk a lot and follow the food to a T. I think it’s just part of the cruel process lol! Glad your doing well!!!

I dreaded the purée stage, but I gotta say I love it now lol. I love the ricotta bake, choooed eggs with fat free mayo and a touch of mustard, canned chicken in the chopper with light Mayo and my fav is fat free refried Beans with a little shredded cheese and a drop of sour cream. I still do Protein Shakes in between means and absolutely addicted to SF popsicles still lol. They give me that crunch and just feel like a treat.
Looking forward to soft food but still researching what to eat and how to add some excitement to that stage lol

Just now, Elahnen said:

I dreaded the purée stage, but I gotta say I love it now lol. I love the ricotta bake, choooed eggs with fat free mayo and a touch of mustard, canned chicken in the chopper with light mayo and my fav is fat free refried Beans with a little shredded cheese and a drop of sour cream. I still do Protein Shakes in between means and absolutely addicted to SF popsicles still lol. They give me that crunch and just feel like a treat.
Looking forward to soft food but still researching what to eat and how to add some excitement to that stage lol

These food choices sound wonderful! Are you still dropping weight at the same rate? How much/how little are you able to eat at a sitting?

I’m actually dropping more weight bc of the slight calorie increase believe it or not! I am hitting the Protein goals bc of the shakes and alot of eggs, but I have a hard time meeting calories, but that’s ok. I am suppose to eat 6 1-2oz meals a day, but I am just meeting that at the end of the 1st week of purée. At first I could only do 1oz and only did 4 meals. Now going into the 2nd week of purée I can almost do 2oz per meal and fitting in about 5 meals per day.

I am day 4. I was most worried about nausea and have had none of it since I was in recovery room. Getting my liquids is my highest priority. I’m using a timer to do 6oz of Water or Protein water every hour I am awake. Today I am going to try to do two shakes and six ounces of Bone Broth. Breakfast lunch dinner. I’ll give my self an hour on each of those. Pain right now is when I take deep breaths and when I use my abs in any way. I’m supposed to take four walks a day up that’s a tall order right now.

9 hours ago, Ffmgal said:

Hi fellow Junies!

I had my surgery on the 15th with a little complication, but it is all fine now. I am three days away from puréed food and looking forward to it. Today, I can’t tolerate the taste of any Protein Shake or Soup. I know it’s in my head and trying to stick to it.

also, I have not lost any weight in 4 days. I think I am going to hide the scale for a while.

How’s everyone doing?

6/15th too! I don't think anyone could have prepared me for how hard these two weeks would be. I have zero energy probably because i can only get like 300 calories in a day at most! I just had such an easy recovery and then this is really hard. I am drinking fine but the shakes are hard to get down. Talked to the nurse that said to try greek yogurt which was good. I love SF popsicles so she said use Protein Water to make popsicles and get more protein that way. he also said it was okay to try a pureed Soup or Jello. I made my own jello and added Protein Powder to it. I am really looking forward to trying eggs and then some tuna. :)

@santa Barbarian I was so worried about nausea as well!! Glad you are doing good! Sounds like your doing all the right stuff! I’m almost 3 weeks out and still have some soreness near my belly button. Walking helps a ton! Don’t only walk, but enjoy it! Every pound you drop and goal you reach makes it all worth it! Wishing you continued success!