Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

On 6/21/2021 at 11:17 PM, JJJJJ said:

I have my date for the 23rd. Went in for a pre-op screening. Have to admit - I'm pretty nervous. Being at the hospital made it super real. I've been nervous about "going under the knife" the whole time.

I've been doing the liquid diet, and the past couple of days have been rough with the weakness. I definitely feel like I'm not getting enough calories. (It's after 5pm and I've had 280).

I'm pretty worried about how this will affect my job performance. I need my mind functioning at 100% and right now I feel like I'm at 40%. Also, the new routine will be very distracting and I need long periods of focus.

Any thoughts?

Good luck!!! 😊

Edited by Somber

On 6/22/2021 at 2:31 AM, NewMe_2021 said:

Hang in there! I promise the gas pains will get better. They are the worst. By the time I hit my 3rd day I was feeling better and every day after that I saw gradual improvement. Big hugs ❤️

Thank you, just wanna say that you were absolutely right 😊

Got home today, and I am feeling much better! Been able to go to the store etc, and I can't wait for these first weeks to pass!

On 4/28/2021 at 12:31 PM, Elahnen said:

Hi Everyone,

I finally got my surgery date for June 8!!!
It’s really strange to me how excited I am about this!
I would love to share this journey with others scheduled in June!
I think it would be so helpful if we can help each other through this experience!

We had the same surgery date !!! How are you feelings. How many pounds down ?? Right now I’m down 22 pounds

I just got a call about switching my date from Monday to tomorrow! I’m so excited and nervous at the same time. I thought I would have to do Clear Liquids 24 hours before but I guess not!

1 hour ago, Eli05 said:

I just got a call about switching my date from Monday to tomorrow! I’m so excited and nervous at the same time. I thought I would have to do Clear Liquids 24 hours before but I guess not!

Best of luck!!!

On 6/22/2021 at 7:48 AM, Drinkwine28 said:

YES!!!! I thought we were going to lose the hunger pains. I am also VERY tired because I fell like I am getting very little Protein. I just can't get thru a whole shake so I try to split it up in the day, but that gives me only 30 g. I have been doing popsicles for something different. I tried Jello yesterday and it was great but only 10 cal and no nutritional value. I know we are supposed to let the stomach heal but I have a week to go and just cannot even imagine another week of this!

Last night was the first night the hunger pains didn't wake me up. I'm one week post op today and still have another week on the liquids. The doctor's office called yesterday and I asked them if I could have something in addition to the liquids and she about jumped through the phone! So I'm counting down the days until I can have mush! lol

On 6/22/2021 at 6:38 AM, ClarkKent said:

I weighed day 3 after surgery and cried like a baby. The next day I was down 4, 3 the next and 2 today. it will happen!

Well, after getting on the scale today and being thoroughly disappointed, I decided to put it away. I've been glued to the scale since I was 22 yrs old and I've decided I am taking that control back! Why does a number have so much power over me? Because I allow it! Since I'm starting a new chapter in my life, I am going to find other ways to enjoy non scale victories. For instance, today I was able to walk for 20 minutes only stopping to catch my breath twice! Next week I go for post op follow up and I will let them tell me how much I have lost! #taking the power back

I think that's a great idea and something I should do. You have the hardest part over the weight will fall off!

I did it! Surgery was this week and it went well. I am on day two post op and feel ok. Not 100% but better than I was. Can’t believe it’s complete and now I’m excited for the next few months. Good luck to those having surgeries soon!

6 hours ago, It’sMe said:

I did it! Surgery was this week and it went well. I am on day two post op and feel ok. Not 100% but better than I was. Can’t believe it’s complete and now I’m excited for the next few months. Good luck to those having surgeries soon!

Congratulations. Glad to hear you are feeling pretty well. Good luck on your journey.

Hi, Everyone! I had surgery on Monday of this week. It went well, according to the doctor. I was worried because my weight is higher than most on this site and I was not sure even if I had a smaller liver he would be able to do everything he needed to do with out cutting me open. Besides the worry of my size, I also had a previous hernia prepared and 3 c-sections with a lot of scar tissue. But, clearly he knows what he is doing - thank God!

The hospital was rough. I slept most of the time and I could not really identify what pain I was feeling and where. I just felt uncomfortable and nauseous. I still feel both now, but it is just a small fraction of what I felt day one and day two. For the first two days I was thankful that I did not have gas pains, although I did have a big pain on my right side (opposite of my stomach) that was killing me. Well, it turned out that pain was gas! Here I was diagnosing myself with liver infection and wondering if he poked my gall bladder or something - nope, just plain old gas 🙂 Walking has helped with that.

I am on clear liquid for a week and full liquid next week. I am having a hard time reaching 64 ounces, but I am doing what I can tolerate. I mixed my Protein Water with tap water and also sip on just plain water too. I probably should have practiced sipping more. Every time I take a sip, I have to belch and this is without a straw.

Good Luck to everyone! I feel really blessed that we are able to tap into this great opportunity!

7 hours ago, PhenomenalWoman said:

Hi, Everyone! I had surgery on Monday of this week. It went well, according to the doctor. I was worried because my weight is higher than most on this site and I was not sure even if I had a smaller liver he would be able to do everything he needed to do with out cutting me open. Besides the worry of my size, I also had a previous hernia prepared and 3 c-sections with a lot of scar tissue. But, clearly he knows what he is doing - thank God!

The hospital was rough. I slept most of the time and I could not really identify what pain I was feeling and where. I just felt uncomfortable and nauseous. I still feel both now, but it is just a small fraction of what I felt day one and day two. For the first two days I was thankful that I did not have gas pains, although I did have a big pain on my right side (opposite of my stomach) that was killing me. Well, it turned out that pain was gas! Here I was diagnosing myself with liver infection and wondering if he poked my gall bladder or something - nope, just plain old gas 🙂 Walking has helped with that.

I am on clear liquid for a week and full liquid next week. I am having a hard time reaching 64 ounces, but I am doing what I can tolerate. I mixed my Protein Water with tap Water and also sip on just plain water too. I probably should have practiced sipping more. Every time I take a sip, I have to belch and this is without a straw.

Good Luck to everyone! I feel really blessed that we are able to tap into this great opportunity!

Glad to hear that your surgery went well! The gases are a nightmare!