Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Starting day 5 of my 14 day liquid pre-op. So far so good! There have been a few times where the smell of food around me was pretty overwhelming, but, there is no temptation to go off plan. I started this process nearly 18 months ago and I don't want to do a single thing that could jeopardize the surgery. I feel very fortunate that I haven't really had any side effects other than being hungry, but, it's manageable. I never thought I would look forward to a cup of chicken broth at the end of the day like I do now. LOL I've been staying super busy and have been focusing on finishing some home projects so I am not just sitting around listening to my belly growl.

Today was my pre-op appointment with the Anesthesiologist, which, went really well. I received some liquid surgical scrub, a Glycemic Endothelial Drink packet and prescriptions for Celebrex and Gabapentin. Next Tuesday I go in for my Covid test. Hard to believe surgery is next week.

Best of luck to those with surgeries this week! Sending many healing vibes to all!

Good luck to all the Junies surgeries!! Stay strong and positive. This is an exciting time for all of is on our new journeys. ❤️

38 minutes ago, Samym said:

Good luck to all the Junies surgeries!! Stay strong and positive. This is an exciting time for all of is on our new journeys. ❤️

Good luck to you as well, Samyn.

I am headed to the hospital in about four hours and so ready to start a new active life. I had zoom happy hour with some old high school friends and we are planning a trip full of hiking, rafting, and zip lining. Thinking of doing this with my original besties without running out of energy or my joints hurting is the best motivation there is.

good luck to everyone having surgery today. We’ve got this!

Hey everyone! I am scheduled for this Friday (June 4th) - anyone else have the same date?

Hey everyone!! I’m scheduled for June 28th and I’m super super excited. I just had my final visit with my nutritionist and am hoping for the best. I was told I would have to go on the pre-op protein/liquid diet starting in the 14th. Right now my biggest struggle is getting out of the: “ I won’t be able to eat it later so I should eat it now” mindset. I’m toughing through and have been really good about dieting but these last few days the reality of no more of my favorites is setting in!

Hoping for amazing results for all of us!

On 5/28/2021 at 1:53 AM, Tonya1986 said:

My surgery is the same day... and I haven’t been able to sleep much either. I start my liquid diet in the morning. Good Luck

Thank you! Good luck to you as well.

Wishing everyone a full and speedy recovery after surgery. Good luck everyone!

Hi Everyone and especially fellow June surgery folks,

I had surgery around 5:30ET and I have to say I’m surprised with how well I’m feeling. I won’t lie; the nausea was pretty bad but nurses were spectacular in helping with that, so it’s about 80% better. Pain and gas levels are not that bad. I’ve been getting up every hour or so to walk but now go8ng to change tha5 to every two hours.

hang in there and God speed to all!

June 15th for me started the pre op diet, its not bad but im not a fan of the Optifast bars

I am scheduled for June 8th. I am on a liquid diet right now. Not doing to good at it. I'm so scared I'll get in there and they won't complete the surgery. Does anyone else feel like this, or just me?

1 hour ago, Stacymk0919 said:

I am scheduled for June 8th. I am on a liquid diet right now. Not doing to good at it. I'm so scared I'll get in there and they won't complete the surgery. Does anyone else feel like this, or just me?

The pre-surgery diet they gave me was called "semi-liquid." It was about 1000 calories, 90g Protein and 90g carbs. I was supposed to do it for 14 days, but I started it 12 days ahead instead. I did it pretty well, but I did sneak in a chicken sausage on a Greek pita the last day.

My surgery went ahead as planned, so I wouldn't worry about them cancelling.

Hi Fellow Junies and of course anyone else. So, I thought I would share my very limited experience of about 42 hours ago.

For me, the hardest part the day of was not being able to drink any Water for so long the day of surgery. Also it was tough just sitting around waiting.

after surgery pain and gas pain was not as terrible as I thought it would be. I have only taken five tramadol tablets and pretty quickly switched to Tylenol. Last tramadol was last night so that I could sleep comfortably.

I tend to get nauseous very easily so I knew this would be the worst post surgery. Medical staff was quick to help and I really was only nauseous for about four hours. I had surgery - including hiatal hernia repair as an out patient and was able to tolerate the ride back to my hotel.

I walked every hour the first six hours and then every two hours for the next eight hours. Of course I complained when my family member got me up because all I wanted to do was sleep. How3ver, I’m so glad I got up and walked and walked and walked. Family member also did back percussions and that helped with removing the gas.

I haven’t felt hungry at all but really thirsty. I constantly am sipping water - just have to do that rather than gulping water.

so far everything is going well and I’m excited use this tool so I can have a normal and active life.

how is everyone else doing?

11 minutes ago, Nsch1018 said:

Hi Fellow Junies and of course anyone else. So, I thought I would share my very limited experience of about 42 hours ago.

For me, the hardest part the day of was not being able to drink any Water for so long the day of surgery. Also it was tough just sitting around waiting.

after surgery pain and gas pain was not as terrible as I thought it would be. I have only taken five tramadol tablets and pretty quickly switched to Tylenol. Last tramadol was last night so that I could sleep comfortably.

I tend to get nauseous very easily so I knew this would be the worst post surgery. Medical staff was quick to help and I really was only nauseous for about four hours. I had surgery - including hiatal hernia repair as an out patient and was able to tolerate the ride back to my hotel.

I walked every hour the first six hours and then every two hours for the next eight hours. Of course I complained when my family member got me up because all I wanted to do was sleep. How3ver, I’m so glad I got up and walked and walked and walked. Family member also did back percussions and that helped with removing the gas.

I haven’t felt hungry at all but really thirsty. I constantly am sipping Water - just have to do that rather than gulping water.

so far everything is going well and I’m excited use this tool so I can have a normal and active life.

how is everyone else doing?

Glad you are doing so well. I think I have gone overboard watching youTube videos and have myself pretty scared. Did you suspect you had the hernia before they told you? That seems to be the most pain for some people. Did you have surgery in Vegas? I am scheduled on the 15th there. Keep us posted!