Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Not a huge issue but...

Hi. I got sleeved on April 10th. I’ve lost 14 lbs so far. I know weight loss won’t always be this rapid but I’m curious about how confident everyone is about their shrinking size. I’m looking to order some summer clothes. Just a few things. If I order some things for say July, would you order a size or two smaller? I’m concerned if I wait until late June there won’t be anything left! What did, or would, you guys do?

All I can tell you is buy as little as you can get away with! I tried to order a few things last Spring and by the time it was hot enough to wear them, they were too big. I wore them anyway though because they weren't as much too big as my old clothes! LOL 😂

I went ahead and ordered one size and two sizes smaller of two t-shirts each and one pair of shorts about two sizes smaller. I had not ordered last year because I couldn’t go anywhere anyway. Figured new clothes + a little incentive would be s great pick me up.

I went a little crazy buying clothes every step of the way, but mostly from cheap places like Old Navy, Ross, and TJ Maxx. Now that I’m nearing goal I’m a little more choosy and spending more since I think things will last with tailoring.

My first summer I bought cheap things in a couple

sizes. $5 shorts and t’s from Old Navy clearance racks weren’t going to break the bank. 

That’s a great way to approach it... I am older & retired, so I tend to buy cheap plain clothes. But I suspect when I get this weight off (fingers-crossed) my self-esteem will improve,and I will get out more. So if I am successful, there are possibly prettier clothes in my future! 😁

I also like to check out thrift stores in my area... people donate some really nice name brand stuff! You just have to look for it.

I'm in a size 20 and I ordered a size 16 bathing suit so I'm hopeful! I wouldn't spend a ton of money as you don't really know what it'll be like in a month or two. I've discovered Prime Wardrobe and it's great!

I had to buy an entirely new wardrobe at 4 months post op and then again at goal around 2 years ago. Now I only buy new things for special events (not these days) or fun.

Indulging in new clothes trends/styles is really fun when things are new and your finding your new style/body identity but can also be expensive.

Perhaps buy things you don’t mind giving away in a few months when you reach a smaller size

I tried going as long as I could post-surgery without buying clothes, as I still have a ways to go, but finally reached a point that 3XL clothes were looking like tents, so I've been buying on the cheap at Wal-Mart (I've never had a fashion sense, nor cared about it, so cheap is the overarching factor). Lemme tell ya, it's nice being able to buy off the rack and at clearance sales, neither of which I'd previously been able to do.

I have clothes in my closet ranging from 16 - 24. I never got rid of some of my favourite clothes because I was going to lose weight and fit back into them (ie my rationale for keeping them!). When I knew I was getting surgery I just hung on to them so that I didn't spend a fortune on clothes.

For all the other things I need...I'm close to a few thrift/goodwill stores so I will supplement there. I almost never buy clothes online...though...I'd really like to one day! I'd go ahead and buy a few things that you'd like...and then save for next summer when you can go all out :P