This 4-ingredient* Protein Mug Cake is amazing! (*This recipe is awesome as written, but see below for my recommended modifications.) Cocoa powder, Protein Powder, pumpkin puree, and sweetener of choice. It sounds weird, but you don't taste the pumpkin once it's cooked. You can even make it vegan if you use vegan protein powder. https://masonfit.com/one-minute-protein-brownie/ There are a lot of low-carb mug cake recipes out there, but this is the best one I've seen because it's so easy, low in calories, and doesn't require any weird, expensive, hard-to-find ingredients (unless you count protein powder, but I'm guessing most bariatric patients have a tub or four of protein powder in the house). It's amazingly cake-like for something that contains no flour. I normally eat it directly out of the bowl/mug, but I wanted to get a picture that shows the texture (unfortunately, I'm a terrible photographer, so you might just have to trust me). . I find it a bit dry (which could be because I use whey protein isolate instead of the recommended whey/casein), so I always top it with sugar-free Syrup or melted sugar-free Jello (plus a dusting of powdered Swerve), flavored Greek yogurt, or -- my favorite -- raspberry or strawberry puree (sometimes I mix about half a tablespoon of raspberry puree into the batter, which adds a little moisture). . Although this recipe is great without any modifications, I couldn't help myself from tweaking it. I like to add a pinch of salt and a splash of vanilla. I also like to substitute half of the pumpkin puree with liquid egg substitute (like Eggbeaters), which provides even more protein. But that makes it more than 4 ingredients, so if you want to keep it simple, you can stick with the original recipe. 1 tbsp dark cocoa powder 1/2 scoop vanilla protein powder (or any flavor you like) Optional - calorie-free sweetener to taste (about 1 tbsp sugar equivalent) Optional - pinch of salt 2 tbsp pumpkin puree 2 tbsp liquid egg substitute (Eggbeaters or equivalent) Optional - 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract Mix dry ingredients in a mug or small bowl. Stir in wet ingredients to make a smooth batter. Microwave for 1 to 1.5 minutes (it might take some trial and error depending on your microwave; 1 minute 20 seconds is perfect for me). . Seriously, this is SO GOOD! If you try it, let me know how it goes!