Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

May Surgeries - check in!

Today is 68 days since my VSG surgery. I am down 26.9 pounds. But still the same sized clothing though they are looser. Seems like my weight has been the same for a while. However, June 30th I was at 235.6 and today I am at 228.8 so I am down and that is a good thing. I can eat pretty much anything I want. I am hungry all the time. I do get in my Protein most days and that is by eating and not by shakes. Though I do still drink shakes now and then. I have not started working out. That is my plan for this coming week. I want to start walking 3 days a week and working out the other 3 with one day of rest. I hope you all are dong well. How is your progress?

Edited by Blani

How is everyone doing? Happy 3~ months out to us!

I've passed 60 pounds down from starting the liver shrink!! Life is def getting a little easier; my body doesn't hurt as much as it did and I was able to baaarrreeeely buckle the airplane seatbelt the other day. The only bad habit I have picked back up is eating chips, so I need to watch that. :S

On 7/24/2021 at 6:38 PM, Charlie C said:

I had my sleeve on 5/18. In early April, I was 285 pounds and felt every bit of it throughout my body. I woke up every day feeling like I ran a marathon the day before. Amazingly, today is 7/24 and I'm down to 208 pounds. I haven't been this weight for about 22 years. Last week, I had a bad stretch of 3 or 4 days where I wasn't able to eat much and was vomiting. The doctor had me take an extra Omeprazole and I added Famotadine and that really helped the reflux issue. I didn't have much reflux before and wasn't taking the Omeprazole. That was a mistake. I'm doing so much better now.

This post is very encouraging to me. You have very similar height and weight characteristics to me so I am motivated by your progress. I have not been down below 210 in over 20 years as well and am encouraged. My surgery is on 8/31. good luck and keep it up.

On 7/5/2021 at 9:26 AM, MistySkye said:

5 weeks post-op and I hit 25 lbs lost since 2 days pre-op. I started on the lower BMI side, so that puts me just 40 away from my initial goal.

You say initial goal weight. I have been wondering if I should create a goal that was closer to achieve then reset the goal or just have the end goal in mind. Not sure what works best for most people. I would be interested to hear what people are saying on this.

9 hours ago, muala94 said:

How is everyone doing? Happy 3~ months out to us!

I've passed 60 pounds down from starting the liver shrink!! Life is def getting a little easier; my body doesn't hurt as much as it did and I was able to baaarrreeeely buckle the airplane seatbelt the other day. The only bad habit I have picked back up is eating chips, so I need to watch that. :S

Awesome! Sounds like you're doing great!

I'll be 3 months out the 19th. So far I have lost 70 lbs since March and 52 lbs since surgery. Definitely feel better doing everyday things like cleaning and cooking and walking without being so dang hot, sweaty and out of breath. It's been great! I feel like I may be able to fit in some smaller clothes too but I've yet to go there. Not sure what's holding me back but, soon I may try on smaller sizes to see where I lie.

Otherwise eating and drinking has been smooth sailing the entire time. THANKFULLY! Haven't had any aversions to any food I have tried yet. No issues with pain or anything.

Hope everyone else is doing well too.

I set an initial weight of 180 - as going into this I said I wanted to lose at least 60lbs. (The goal would be 65 from my starting weight) Ultimately though, I would love to get to 160-165.
Down 36.6 thus far. I’m on week 10 post-op.

Three months and five days out from VSG surgery and I am down 50 pounds since surgery and 65 since April when I last saw my primary care doc. I've gone from a size 24 jeans to a size 18 that fit loosely. It is more weight than I thought I'd lose in this period of time and the lowest I've been in nearly 20 years. I love that my feet don't hurt, my ankles don't swell and that I have energy! My family went camping this past weekend and I actually went hiking, including climbing a steep hillside that, afterwards, I knew I'd have never have even tried before.

I have had issues with consuming enough calories and finding foods that appeal to me, which I know has contributed to the fast weight loss. I can only eat very small amounts at a time and some days I don't do as well as others with my Water and Protein intake. While I sometimes miss the pleasure of a big, comforting meal, I don't dwell on it and find that eating to fuel my body has its own appeal. I feel free and that's a wonderful thing.

14 hours ago, pk88 said:

While I sometimes miss the pleasure of a big, comforting meal, I don't dwell on it and find that eating to fuel my body has its own appeal. I feel free and that's a wonderful thing.

This!! ☝️ I feel the same way! Congratulations on your weight loss!

Absolutely agree! I find it liberating to be able to eat what I need to and be done!

Week 12 and I dropped 4lbs - the most I have in a single week since the initial week 😮 Only 2.8 away from onderland, and today my BMI is 30 - so this better be the last time I'm in the Obese category! I don't want to go here again.

I would like to reach 190 by the time I go on go on vacation at the end of September. This week's loss gives me hope that I can reach it.

1 hour ago, MistySkye said:

Week 12 and I dropped 4lbs - the most I have in a single week since the initial week 😮 Only 2.8 away from onderland, and today my BMI is 30 - so this better be the last time I'm in the Obese category! I don't want to go here again.

I would like to reach 190 by the time I go on go on vacation at the end of September. This week's loss gives me hope that I can reach it.

Nice job. Looks like you are on track for the 190. Good luck.

On 7/31/2021 at 1:44 PM, Blani said:

Today is 68 days since my VSG surgery. I am down 26.9 pounds. But still the same sized clothing though they are looser. Seems like my weight has been the same for a while. However, June 30th I was at 235.6 and today I am at 228.8 so I am down and that is a good thing. I can eat pretty much anything I want. I am hungry all the time. I do get in my Protein most days and that is by eating and not by shakes. Though I do still drink shakes now and then. I have not started working out. That is my plan for this coming week. I want to start walking 3 days a week and working out the other 3 with one day of rest. I hope you all are dong well. How is your progress?

It seems very difficult to get 60-80 grams of Protein with food alone. Are there any foods you eat that you can share that get you there and stay below 1000 calories?

4 minutes ago, Tony B - NJ said:

It seems very difficult to get 60-80 grams of Protein with food alone. Are there any foods you eat that you can share that get you there and stay below 1000 calories?

I had my surgery back on May 28. I drink a fairlife Protein Shakes (30gm of protein) most days or ill actually make a Protein Shake with 1% fairlife milk or the fairlife chocolate milk and a scoop of Ghost Oreo Protein Powder, which comes out to about 42gms of Protein. I also get these Amylu chicken burgers from costco and they each have 30gms of protein.

I have had no issues getting enough Protein and I'm usually 90-100. I always start with 1 egg, 1 egg white, 1 oz cheese for Breakfast. Morning snack almost always a cheese stick and 1/2 tbsp Peanut Butter. lunch - usually 3-4 Turkey Deli Slices with some mayo and a cheese stick (or slice of cheese). Afternoon snack - varies sometimes 1/2-1 Protein Bar (i.e. Built Bar), or turkey pepperoni stick, or greek yogurt. dinner chicken or turkey. In addition, I have either Fairlife Milk or Premier Protein in my Decaf coffee twice a day. (I put Inulin Fibre in my coffee too)

...there is vegetables and fruit too! I just did not list them :)

Fluids certainly the harder struggle for me. At least I get 16 oz X2 w/ the coffee, but Water can be a problem. I aim for 6 cups a day, don't always meet it.

BTW, I'm pretty sure I have a cheese stick with peanut butter addiction. I have seriously had that everyday since I was allowed Peanut Butter LOL