Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

May Surgeries - check in!

Hi everyone, I had my surgery on 5/18 and after working through some adjustments, I’m very happy to see the weight coming off. Not as fast as the first month, but glad it’s still moving in the right direction. HW 289 SW 260 CW 225
The gas experience is a lot to deal with…

Started regular foods today, no more soft. Yay! First up Apple & Peanut Butter 😋

I'm down 30 since end of May. Started regular Vitamins (not chewable) today, those things are huge! (Bariatric Advantage) Got them down, but definitely felt it.

No food issues, still "full" after 3-4 oz. Have not incorporated grains yet, as I still can't eat all my vegetable portion. Full after the Protein. I really have to watch myself to make sure I don't eat too fast, especially with Snacks.

I’m down since surgery (5/24) 40lbs over all since starting in feb 2021 70lbs total.

The Vitamins are horrible!!! I have changed brands so many times. I can’t wait to be able to move to my normal chewable.

food wise I’m struggling some. I start to eat but then I feel like it’s coming back up. I’m assuming it’s reflux but when I take my meds for that I feel sick. This could all be in my head though. I’m officially allowed to eat “regular” food but soft is still my buddy.

good luck everyone!

I was May 19th. Doing good still here as well. Haven't had any issues with anything and I'm thankful for that. Since surgery I am down 42.9 lbs.

1 hour ago, MistySkye said:

I'm down 30 since end of May. Started regular Vitamins (not chewable) today, those things are huge! (Bariatric Advantage) Got them down, but definitely felt it.

No food issues, still "full" after 3-4 oz. Have not incorporated grains yet, as I still can't eat all my vegetable portion. Full after the Protein. I really have to watch myself to make sure I don't eat too fast, especially with Snacks.

My surgery was 5/26. Overall I feel I am doing great. My recovery from surgery was with no issue but I did hit a 3 week stall. It was in week 3 and it lasted a little over 3 weeks. However, in the past week weight is dropping. I struggled to get in enough Protein and Fluid for a while. I am now comfortably getting my protein and Water in and exercising without issue. I am like you as far as food. I often don’t get to my vegetables because I am full after eating my protein portion. I also am never hungry and have to make myself eat because of that. As of today I am down 38 pounds and was told at my surgeons office last week that I am doing great. More than anything, I feel so much better than before and am sleeping better than I have in years!!! So thankful!

Hey all! My surgery was on 5/12. I can hardly believe it hasn't even been 3 months yet. I've had good days and bad, and feel like they've all been great learning experiences (today's a good day though... ask me tomorrow, hah)

Until recently many foods - even the sight of them - would make me feel nauseous. Tastes and textures I'd loved seemed foreign. I've come to understand that happens with a percentage of people who've had weight loss surgery. I feel like it is improving and my diet is as well. I know this is the "honeymoon" phase of WLS, and the real challenge for me will be maintaining good eating habits, but I'm thrilled with the weight loss and am having fun shopping in my closet ;-) I'm down 51 lbs since starting my pre-op diet in April and 36 since surgery.

Cheers to all you amazing results! It is always inspiring and informative checking in with you all.

I had my sleeve on 5/18. In early April, I was 285 pounds and felt every bit of it throughout my body. I woke up every day feeling like I ran a marathon the day before. Amazingly, today is 7/24 and I'm down to 208 pounds. I haven't been this weight for about 22 years. Last week, I had a bad stretch of 3 or 4 days where I wasn't able to eat much and was vomiting. The doctor had me take an extra Omeprazole and I added Famotadine and that really helped the reflux issue. I didn't have much reflux before and wasn't taking the Omeprazole. That was a mistake. I'm doing so much better now.

May 14 here , as off Saturday I was 228

highest weight before pre op 280

day before surgery 270

now 228.8

im starting to eat things I’m not suppose to. I’ve had coke with no problem doesn’t hurt was my fear as I was addicted to coke ive had a few sips here and there. I’ve also had hot Cheetos . I have realized I need to seek help as I am definitely and emotional eater. I also feel bloated again.

2 hours ago, Ale2010 said:

May 14 here , as off Saturday I was 228

highest weight before pre op 280

day before surgery 270

now 228.8

im starting to eat things I’m not suppose to. I’ve had coke with no problem doesn’t hurt was my fear as I was addicted to coke ive had a few sips here and there. I’ve also had hot Cheetos . I have realized I need to seek help as I am definitely and emotional eater. I also feel bloated again.

I appreciate your honesty and I can relate. Not about the coke, but definitely relate to wanting to lean on comfort foods and junk, especially when stressed or anxious. If it weren't for physical restriction (and the resulting misery when I overeat), I can see myself gravitating back to junk food and overeating. Let us know how you navigate this and what kind of help you find. Wishing you all the best!

I had an upper endoscopy yesterday at my primary doctor's request to see how my Barrett's esophagus looks and all signs of it are gone! That was good news. The GI doc was able to scope all the way through my sleeve, saying it is shaped like a banana with the bottom tip tilting upward, which may contribute to the significant restriction I feel when eating. He opted not to dilate anything because he had no problems getting the scope all the way through. He did say that I have a hiatal hernia, which was to be repaired during my VSG surgery, explaining it may have formed afterward or, more likely, the repair wasn't completely successful. It doesn't seem to bother me right now, so I'm grateful for that.

On 7/22/2021 at 4:53 AM, brnchikbrncow said:

Hello!! I had my surgery 05-03-2021 how is everyone doing??

How are you doing since surgery?

It’s my 2 month surgiversary. Down 33.6lbs CW 211.4 (SW 245; BMI 36.3). Stalled out most of this week, but when I looked at last month I noticed it happened then to…the culprit, my period 🤪 I will still have a loss this week, because I was down .6 today. (I use Mondays as my weekly weigh-in for calculation purposes, since my surgery was on a Monday)

Restriction still going strong …one of these days I’ll actually be able to eat all of my Breakfast (1 egg, 1 egg white, 1oz cheese)

I get hungry if it’s been more than 2 hours since I last ate. Today is my first day not taking a PPI…so hoping no side effects from stopping that.