Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

May Surgeries - check in!

32 minutes ago, smilelaura said:

I had surgery the 24th also, I too have only lost 16 lbs. I totally agree with It being the 3 week stall. Follow the program. It will work out! ☺️

It's so frustrating though. You do everything right but the scale doesn't show it. Congratulations on your surgery and loss.

Yes 16 is the magic number! 😂 that’s great for being 2 weeks out!!
I completely understand that is it frustrating! I just keep thinking it will work out and pay off in the long run! Try concentrating on the non scale victories during this time.

My surgery was May 10, 2021. So I'm almost 5 weeks post op. I have done really well until last three days. I have ate all the wrongs foods. Not too much, thank God. But I had no trouble eating them. pizza, a chili dog, onion rings and a few bites of ice cream. I know its just stress eating. I am literally having to jump through hoops for my company to get back to work. Anyways, today is a new day and I am refocused to eat the right things. Just had to share and vent.

Yes. Focus on the non-scale victories. Do your measurements weekly and you will still see progress even with no movement on the scale. I am in a week three plateau and just won’t let it get me down.

Same here. Surgery on May 19th and lost only 14/15 lbs (depending on the day) so far since surgery. THAT'S IT! I chalk it up to this famous stall everyone seems to talk about. Sucks but I'm hoping it will move soon. Plus TOM is due to visit next week (he came the day before surgery for me....lol) so I'm thinking that is affecting it too. Trying to keep all that in mind before I panic. LOL

On 06/14/2021 at 11:49, traceyingraphics@gmail.com said:

My surgery was May 10, 2021. So I'm almost 5 weeks post op. I have done really well until last three days. I have ate all the wrongs foods. Not too much, thank God. But I had no trouble eating them. pizza, a chili dog, onion rings and a few bites of ice cream. I know its just stress eating. I am literally having to jump through hoops for my company to get back to work. Anyways, today is a new day and I am refocused to eat the right things. Just had to share and vent.

It’s progress not perfection we’re seeking. Be gentle with yourself. You’re back on track and focused again.

On 6/14/2021 at 7:56 AM, Fatfit said:

Hi Everyone 👋,

I had my surgery on the 24th, I have lost 16lbs in total so far and 1.3lbs last week. However, I am up 1.5lbs since yesterday 😔. I am getting 50-55oz of Water and do 2 Protein Shakes a day each one of them is 30gms of Protein, regular bowl movement. I am suppose to start soft foods today but, I fear I won't lose any weight if start eating anything at all. What am I doing wrong? The weigh in has me in tears this morning 😔. Any suggestions on what I can do to help lose weight 😢

Oh my gosh, don't weigh every day. Your body weight fluctuates throughout the day for many reasons. Try to do your weigh ins once a week at the same time of day and under the same conditions. It is a more accurate representation of how your body is adjusting to the new normal. This is a journey. Do what you should to have a healthy body, just as you are doing, and trust the process.

16 minutes ago, Missie5779 said:

Hi! My surgery was May 12th. I have since lost 30 pounds!!!

Lucky you! I wish! LOL

Congrats!!!

On 6/14/2021 at 11:45 AM, MistySkye said:

Is 16 the magic number? 😂 I am two weeks post-op today and down 16. Most of that was the first week. My surgeon gave the lecture on it doesn’t happen overnight. You will have stalls. It’s a 12-18 month process.

But I didn't sign up for a 12-18 month process. I signed up for the 12-18 day package. LOL :D And I do believe 16 is the magic number. LOL I had my obligatory 3 week stall but back to losing again. YAY!

Funny 16 the magic number and the 3 week stall seem to be the norm 🤷🏻‍♀️

Surgery May 20th, 28 days ago, and down 20 lbs post surgery and 45 lbs total. Looking forward to solid food next week. Plenty of ideas on what to avoid, but looking for 1st solid meals to Celebrate (safely!)