Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

May Surgeries - check in!

Sleeved on 5/25. Doing well so far! Not using pain meds, no gas issues, getting my Proteins, fluids, and meds/vitamins on schedule. I’m doing laundry today (husband is moving wet clothes from washer to dryer), and exercise feels great. I will not miss the tenderness from the big incision although I see daily improvements.

I am 5 days out and so blessed. My lower right side is still tender, but otherwise I am doing well. I haven't fit all my food in yet, and I hate all the shakes I once loved, but that's minor. Feeling good!

I’m close to you guys! Sleeve on 5/28. No pain meds, gas is settling down and I moving so much more today !! so tomorrow I can actually have some type of food! Even if it is the boring yogurt and Proteins shakes but I’m excited for soup!! Any advice going into this phase?! As soon as I feel tortured or deprived I just keep thinking this is not forever we will get some satiation back! Time does fly ☺️

Edited by Mommy wants to be able

Oh wow! Now I’m getting excited lol! I didn’t know we were allowed fruit yet! I have a two-year-old so I might just plop some of her baby food fruit into the oatmeal! I also bought cream of chicken and cream of mushroom Soup that you can Water down with water or milk and hoping those taste just as good! I’m not a big fan of split pea or lentil like my doctor is suggesting. Those I would have to blend and strain anyway. This is probably a dumb question but I’m guessing we’re not allowed to flavored cream of wheat because of the sugar? Like the cinnamon and the maple brown sugar ones? I picked up some sugar-free maple Syrup to try to make it taste that way though 🤣

My full liquid diet only consists of Water, various zero sugar waters, Decaf tea and coffee, low fat or skim milk, Greek yogurt (low fat...vanilla or lemon or plain), broths, cream Soups strained or bean soups blended, sugar free pudding or Jello. THAT'S IT! No fruit, no oatmeal, no mashed potatoes, nothing else! Which is why I am so bored and over this stage already. Was on full liquid for 11 days prior to surgery and now two weeks after. Thankfully come Thursday I can move to puree stage! CANNOT WAIT as I no longer feel full or satisfied on this liquid phase. I USED to love Soup but not anymore. Or I should say, I probably still would love it if I could have the substance that comes in it, not just the broth.

Edited by SummerTimeGirl

16 minutes ago, Mommy wants to be able said:

Oh wow! Now I’m getting excited lol! I didn’t know we were allowed fruit yet! I have a two-year-old so I might just plop some of her baby food fruit into the oatmeal! I also bought cream of chicken and cream of mushroom Soup that you can Water down with Water or milk and hoping those taste just as good! I’m not a big fan of split pea or lentil like my doctor is suggesting. Those I would have to blend and strain anyway. This is probably a dumb question but I’m guessing we’re not allowed to flavored cream of wheat because of the sugar? Like the cinnamon and the maple brown sugar ones? I picked up some sugar-free maple Syrup to try to make it taste that way though 🤣

Try Spenda or Truvia brown sugar substitute. Divine!

1 hour ago, Blani said:

Surgery May 24, I am down 12.7 pounds.

Awesome work! My progress has been slower—I am down 13 pounds since surgery, losing about 1/3 pound per day. I am a little older than most patients.

What are you eating, how much are you exercising, how much Water, etc. Share your plan; your program could help the rest of us! Please do tell us what you’re doing.

42 minutes ago, vjc said:

The liquid off Campbell's chicken noodle Soup feels and tastes like heaven. Just dilute it. Also watery cream of wheat with blueberry puree! Good eating. lol

I like the Campbell Soup liquid as well drink it daily. But I am confused with the cream of wheat. How do I eat it?

On 5/16/2021 at 9:43 PM, Losing in in 2021 said:

When did you have your surgery? Congrats on the loss!!

My bariatric program started 7/5/2020; I was 287 pounds. The next phase, pre-op, started 4/17 at 273 pounds. Surgery was 5/5 at 260. Today, 5/31, I am down to 247. I am eating whirred cottage cheese, nonfat greek yogurt to which I add either whipped pears, peaches or mandarin oranges. Also having refried Beans which I used to detest but I seembto love them now. I love getting a little meat — we are allowed fish or chicken — but it stays in my pouch for several hours. iOccasionally I have smushed green beans or asparagus. pureed carrots and broccoli — having issues digesting them; maybe too much Fiber?

I have come to really enjoy the Mio-type Water flavorings. I really like that they don’t add single-use plastic bottles to our plastic pollution problems. My favorite flavors are black cherry & anything berry.

On 05/31/2021 at 12:25, Blani said:

Surgery May 24, I am down 12.7 pounds.

Wow! That’s great! Is that with pre op or just since the 24th?

Sleeved 5/3. Was at 275 that morning, at 252 this morning. Was hoping to be at 25lbs down at 30 days, but happy with my progress so far. Vitamins have been a struggle. I have to take zofran with my bariatric Vitamin otherwise it’s immediate vomiting. Otherwise I’ve been able to tolerate almost all other foods I’m allowed and able to force down enough Water. Cravings haven’t been bad. Idk why but I’d really love some cream of wheat or something. My Dr said ummm absolutely not lol. Hope everyone else is doing well.

On 05/31/2021 at 13:55, SoulGardener said:

My bariatric program started 7/5/2020; I was 287 pounds. The next phase, pre-op, started 4/17 at 273 pounds. Surgery was 5/5 at 260. Today, 5/31, I am down to 247. I am eating whirred cottage cheese, nonfat greek yogurt to which I add either whipped pears, peaches or mandarin oranges. Also having refried Beans which I used to detest but I seembto love them now. I love getting a little meat — we are allowed fish or chicken — but it stays in my pouch for several hours. iOccasionally I have smushed green Beans or asparagus. pureed carrots and broccoli — having issues digesting them; maybe too much Fiber?

I have come to really enjoy the Mio-type Water flavorings. I really like that they don’t add single-use plastic bottles to our plastic pollution problems. My favorite flavors are black cherry & anything berry.

My nutrition plan warns to stay away from broccoli, cauliflower, and other high Fiber veggies for now (I’m in the pureed phase).