Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

May Surgeries - check in!

14 hours ago, Jamikers said:

I had mine on 5/19! How’s everyone doing?

So did I! Had my first post-op nurse visit today. Down almost 10 pounds. Was told I can start puréed food Saturday. Start with yogurt and work my way up to chicken. At least it’s a start. How are you feeling?

20 minutes ago, Wontongirl said:

MsKayla that’s exactly how I felt like nothing really happened. I’m 12 days out now and I don’t have anything going on. I think my stomach looks good too. Still a little bruising but not much. I had the micro gastric sleeve so incisions are minimal. I’ve been able to get my Water in. I went way over on carbs yesterday 😬 but I’m making up for that today. So far just 2 Protein shots. I still have another week abs a half on liquids

CADD9634-931B-499C-A487-8647A992F47A.jpeg

Yes your stomach does look good. I am glad I am not the only one. I am grateful because others had it worst but I just was so confused. I have had liposuction and it hurt way worst. I guess everyone is different. I quickly just learned about drinking too much, doesn’t feel good. Wishing you a speedy recovery. We got this!!

Hey fellow May Sleevies!

Just checking in. My surgery was May 18th. I went home the next day. The 5 days after surgery were absolutely horrible, though. The gas pains only got worse. I walked about 1/2 mile a day to try to get some relief, but the pain made it hard to stand upright. When I talked to the surgeon, he explained that the pain meds I was taking every 4 hours were constipating me (sorry for TMI). I also wasn't able to get a lot of Water in over the last week- we're talking 16-20 ounces a day, definitely no broth or Protein and nothing cold.

On Sunday the 23rd, I took a few rounds of laxatives along with gasx every 4 hours with my chewable Tylenol like clockwork. In 48 hours I was feeling relief!

I've heard other sleevers talking about the stomach cramp that happens a couple of seconds after drinking something. That's exactly what happened to me! It didn't matter the amount, I would take a sip and one second, two seconds, CRAMP[emoji37][emoji31]! Just today, this has subsided. I'm finally getting an appetite back.

Just felt like checking in today since it's the first time I felt like a person again. I was really worried that something was wrong, but I am now feeling optimistic [emoji4]

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using BariatricPal mobile app

I have been a little depressed the last few days. I am at day 21 post-surgery. I have lost 9 pounds since then. I think I overdid it 3 days ago and got a lot of pain from my main incision. So I have been resting today. Is that okay, or should I force myself to get out and walk every day?

On 05/26/2021 at 19:50, SoulGardener said:

I have been a little depressed the last few days. I am at day 21 post-surgery. I have lost 9 pounds since then. I think I overdid it 3 days ago and got a lot of pain from my main incision. So I have been resting today. Is that okay, or should I force myself to get out and walk every day?

I always think you should listen to your body—pain is an indication that you need to take it easy for a few days. I am 23 days post op, and I tried playing golf on Monday—it hurt so bad, and It exhausted me. I am going to give it a few more weeks before I try again. I am not an expert on depression, so I don’t want to give you advice on that—except I will say, it seems to be common in bariatric patients. If it doesn’t go away or gets worse—call your doctor. In any case, take it easy and don’t be too hard on yourself!

10 hours ago, MsKayla said:

Thank you. I will be discharged soon and have a 45mins ride🤦🏽‍♀️ So I hope it is not too bad.

That's great that you are feeling so well. I hope I feel the same when I have my VSG on Monday.

7 hours ago, MsKayla said:

Yes your stomach does look good. I am glad I am not the only one. I am grateful because others had it worst but I just was so confused. I have had liposuction and it hurt way worst. I guess everyone is different. I quickly just learned about drinking too much, doesn’t feel good. Wishing you a speedy recovery. We got this!!

Your tummy looks great! Hardly a mark and so flat looking already!

What has y'all's daily eating looked like since getting home?

2 minutes ago, muala94 said:

I just got home yesterday. So today I am trying to take sips. Had a few sips of Protein Shake, 3 tablespoons of sugar free Jello, hot chicken noddle Soup liquid, sugar free popsicle and got my liquid Multivitamin down but not my Calcium and B12 I have to crush them up or chew them. Idk I am trying to get use to this new stomach. I can tell when I have took too many sips as I start to feel funny. I have a lot more liquids I need to get down.

1 hour ago, muala94 said:

I'm still on full liquids so currently my day is usually as follows: half a Protein Shake first thing, fluids, half a greek yogurt, fluids, other half of Protein shake, 4oz strained Soup, fluids, half a greek yogurt, fluids, more soup or sugar free pudding, protein shake or Water, sometimes broth some times a sugar free popsicle. I try to hit over 40oz on regular fluids and then Protein Shakes or water get me to 64oz for the day. And I'm averaging 60-70g protein. Currently around 400 calories in a day. I'm dying to move on to purees, I would love a scrambled egg or egg salad. I like to torture myself at night watching tiktoks of other people eating delicious food 🤣

Hey this is my first post. I was just sleeved on May 25th and I had a terrible reaction to the anesthesia and pain meds. I was nauseous for 36 hours straight. Every time I had to move I started dry heaving. They kept giving me anti-nausea meds in my IV every few hours. I finally started feeling better by last night and came home after passing my swollen test and drinking most of my Water. Now the nausea is gone but I’m not able to drink much without bad pain which I think is gas from not being about to move much those first 36 hours. I’m scared to drink but know I need to. Did anyone else experience nausea like this?

My sleeve was done on 5/20/21 so Im a week in and doing good with full liquids and Protein Drinks. The bariatric Protein chicken broth is about the best tasting thing I have. I have had greek yogurt (light and fit) and Im allowed sugar free pudding and Jello. The doctor said I was doing so well I can add some mushy food this weekend like the ricotta bake or some tuna fish. I cant wait! 😂

On 05/27/2021 at 15:13, pblemma said:

Hey this is my first post. I was just sleeved on May 25th and I had a terrible reaction to the anesthesia and pain meds. I was nauseous for 36 hours straight. Every time I had to move I started dry heaving. They kept giving me anti-nausea meds in my IV every few hours. I finally started feeling better by last night and came home after passing my swollen test and drinking most of my Water. Now the nausea is gone but I’m not able to drink much without bad pain which I think is gas from not being about to move much those first 36 hours. I’m scared to drink but know I need to. Did anyone else experience nausea like this?

I did. I had a bypass, and I threw up for 2 days—I couldn’t move—I was so sick. It took 3 different anti-nausea meds before I could sip Water. I stayed on the nausea meds for a week, and I found popsicles helped me drink more than sipping water. The popsicles were easier to take in small amounts of liquid. I eventually had to go back for IV fluids because I had such a hard time getting liquids in—if you are still not well in a week, I highly recommend the IV fluids. Weeks one and 2 were hard for me, but week 3 was great! I am now on week 4 and able to keep pureed food down in small amounts! Hang in there—take your meds and sleep! Don’t push yourself! I hope you feel better!

My VSG Surgery is tomorrow 5/28 @ 1130am. I am going to be going home same day about 6-7hrs after the surgery is complete as long as I am drinking, walking, and I can go to the bathroom. Since I will be home my first night, should I be sleeping on my back or have people been able to sleep on their sides? I am a side sleeper and was wondering.