Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

May Surgeries - check in!

Gastric Sleeve surgery tomorrow, May 26th! Not nervous but just ready to be on the other side of this! The two weeks prep has not been difficult at all. It has been boring but I have not been hungry the entire time. Had my Pre-op Testing and I report tomorrow morning at 6:30 am! Any positive vibes, well wishes or prayers you want to send my way I will gladly accept!

Goals: get through any initial pain and discomfort by walking as often as I am allowed, get through the two weeks of liquid and then puréed food week while increasing physical activity as allowed.

56 minutes ago, GummyBearQueen said:

I’m headed in today! Let’s gooooo! I can’t wait to fit into a rollercoaster seat!

Good Luck! 🍀

1 hour ago, pmorgan315 said:

Gastric Sleeve surgery tomorrow, May 26th! Not nervous but just ready to be on the other side of this! The two weeks prep has not been difficult at all. It has been boring but I have not been hungry the entire time. Had my Pre-op Testing and I report tomorrow morning at 6:30 am! Any positive vibes, well wishes or prayers you want to send my way I will gladly accept!

Goals: get through any initial pain and discomfort by walking as often as I am allowed, get through the two weeks of liquid and then puréed food week while increasing physical activity as allowed.

Good Luck! 🍀

2 hours ago, pmorgan315 said:

Congrats! You got this!

Had gastric sleeve on the 20th so 5 days out. 3 hours before surgery my doctor had me take a medication to lessen nausea post-op and boy did it work. No nausea this whole time, I had to pick up at my pharmacy a few days before and I took it on the way to the hospital. It’s named emend and it was $42 for one pill but so worth it. It’s prescribed for chemotherapy patients for nausea but I guess a drug rep talked my doctor into trying it out on bariatric patients. He can’t say enough about how this drug has helped lessen or eliminate entirely nausea issues post-op
Anyone else here prescribed this drug?

2 minutes ago, Retired said:

Anyone else here prescribed this drug?

Yes, I have this one too. My surgery is on the 31st so have not taken yet.

Hello everyone, as I stated before I was scheduled for surgery today so I wanted to provide an update. I came in at 8:45am was scheduled to come a 9:30am did all my pre surgery stuff. Need to get 2 IVs nurse could only find one. The second one was place in while I was in surgery. I went to surgery around 11:50/12. When I came to it was almost 3pm. My stomach was kinda in pain but nothing extreme. I was giving a pain medicine n it was better. I kept falling asleep and waking up. After maybe 2 hours I came to my room and ask can I walk, I handsome doctor said sure. I walked a good distance with no assistance. I came back to my room and now laying down. I am so confused because it doesn’t feel like I just had surgery my stomach just feel weird not really pain more like discomfort. But for the most part everything went well. I don’t know how I am up like nthg happen.

So I am post op +5 days, and have not had anything close to flavorful for several weeks until thinned potatoes! I've discovered they were serious when told not to take in too much, so recommend taking it slow and thinning potatoes with chicken broth (and eating with a small toddler spoon!). They taste like heaven after the past few weeks!

39 minutes ago, Andy_Tx said:

So I am post op +5 days, and have not had anything close to flavorful for several weeks until thinned potatoes! I've discovered they were serious when told not to take in too much, so recommend taking it slow and thinning potatoes with chicken broth (and eating with a small toddler spoon!). They taste like heaven after the past few weeks!

Im so jealous - and hungry!! I’m post op 6 days and still on liquids. I was told no potatoes, rice, Cereal, bread, basically anything white, until 6 months.

11 hours ago, Losing in in 2021 said:

Im so jealous - and hungry!! I’m post op 6 days and still on liquids. I was told no potatoes, rice, Cereal, bread, basically anything white, until 6 months.

My stage 2 (days 4-14 from my 3 sessions with the dietitian shows this for grains/starches: "Cream of wheat thinned, cream of rice thinned, thinned mashed potatoes, all thinned with fat free milk or broth". I like the broth. There's not much else on the 4-14 list other than something called liquid Gelatin. Still trying to figure out if that is microwaved Jello or what! :) I'd call and ask, as you need something beyond liquids to quell the hunger.

13 hours ago, MsKayla said:

Hello everyone, as I stated before I was scheduled for surgery today so I wanted to provide an update. I came in at 8:45am was scheduled to come a 9:30am did all my pre surgery stuff. Need to get 2 IVs nurse could only find one. The second one was place in while I was in surgery. I went to surgery around 11:50/12. When I came to it was almost 3pm. My stomach was kinda in pain but nothing extreme. I was giving a pain medicine n it was better. I kept falling asleep and waking up. After maybe 2 hours I came to my room and ask can I walk, I handsome doctor said sure. I walked a good distance with no assistance. I came back to my room and now laying down. I am so confused because it doesn’t feel like I just had surgery my stomach just feel weird not really pain more like discomfort. But for the most part everything went well. I don’t know how I am up like nthg happen.

Just make sure not to over-do it the first two days. Mine was like yours; didn't feel like much was done, but I found out jostling in the car really made me sore later. Walk when you can, but lay off car rides as much as possible for a few days! Lesson learned :)

44 minutes ago, Andy W said:

Just make sure not to over-do it the first two days. Mine was like yours; didn't feel like much was done, but I found out jostling in the car really made me sore later. Walk when you can, but lay off car rides as much as possible for a few days! Lesson learned :)

Thank you. I will be discharged soon and have a 45mins ride🤦🏽‍♀️ So I hope it is not too bad.

MsKayla that’s exactly how I felt like nothing really happened. I’m 12 days out now and I don’t have anything going on. I think my stomach looks good too. Still a little bruising but not much. I had the micro gastric sleeve so incisions are minimal. I’ve been able to get my Water in. I went way over on carbs yesterday 😬 but I’m making up for that today. So far just 2 Protein Shots. I still have another week abs a half on liquids

CADD9634-931B-499C-A487-8647A992F47A.jpeg