Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

May Surgeries - check in!

Hey everyone, congratulations to all those who have had their surgery.

I had mine yesterday.. and oh boy!

I had a very large abdominal hernia repaired and I swear that has taken front and centre for the pain that I have.

It's been over 24 hours since the surgery and I'm feeling better. I'm drinking Water and broth fine. I tried a popsicle for lunch and couldn't stand the taste lol. I'm really enjoying the broth.

Hi everyone, I had my D/S May 18th
The pain in the recovery room was equivalent to labor pain. It took about 5 rounds to get the pain medication to get it under control. Don’t hesitate to let the nurse know that you require more drugs!

Oh, my period came on very heavy! As for appetite, I have none just a constant headache.

9 hours ago, MistySkye said:

I should find out my surgery date in the next couple days, hoping for May 31 (original date was May 3) I am fortunate to have paid sick time and plan to take 4 weeks.

I have my surgery on May 31st so we may be surgery twins, fingers crossed for you :)

37 minutes ago, andyh6785 said:

Waiting for my surgery to start now!

Sent from my SM-G973U using BariatricPal mobile app

Good luck! I hope it all goes well!

5 hours ago, N!KK! said:

Hey everyone, congratulations to all those who have had their surgery.

I had mine yesterday.. and oh boy!

I had a very large abdominal hernia repaired and I swear that has taken front and centre for the pain that I have.

It's been over 24 hours since the surgery and I'm feeling better. I'm drinking Water and broth fine. I tried a popsicle for lunch and couldn't stand the taste lol. I'm really enjoying the broth.

I had my hernia repaired with my surgery l yesterday. I’m waiting for the cafeteria to bring me Jello and diet Decaf iced tea. I can order two things off the menu every four hours. I don’t really have pain; I would call it discomfort.

Scheduled for my VSG on 5/28. Not sure if anyone on here has done the Robard diet, but I am currently on day 6 of the 2 week preop diet and I started to get some minty burps today. Has anyone had any experience with getting them?

I’ve been on the Robard diet since the 10th. I haven’t experienced anything like that.
Also, having a hernia repaired.
Anxiety is definitely setting in! 😬

15 minutes ago, smilelaura said:

I’ve been on the Robard diet since the 10th. I haven’t experienced anything like that.
Also, having a hernia repaired.
Anxiety is definitely setting in! 😬

What is the Robard diet? I never heard of it.

Had my lap band removed after 10.5 yrs and had sleeve done on 5/10. I was definitely scared. Overall all went very well. I'm post op day 10 and I have to say the first couple of days I felt completely washed out. Between some muscle pain and over all fatigue. Tolerating liquids well, amazing how the hunger is not really there. The hardest part this far for me has been when my family cooks and eats. Just the smells make want a bite, but I know better. Hoping to be back to some sense of normalcy soon.

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using BariatricPal mobile app

On 05/20/2021 at 14:06, HealthyLifeStyle said:

What is the Robard diet? I never heard of it.

It’s a prepackaged shakes/food. Its supposed to decrease liver fat. It’s high in Protein and low calorie. I am having around 600 calories and about 77g of protein daily. Supposed to lose around a pound a day. I’m not seeing that. 🤷‍♀️