Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

May Surgeries - check in!

6 hours ago, MJK37 said:

Hi everyone! This is my first time on this forum! My bypass surgery is scheduled for May 14th and I am both nervous and excited! I am starting to have doubts but it’s more about the apprehension of what could go wrong. I could use all the support I can get!!

Everyone here is such great support and knowing all of us are going through a version of this this month, I find encouraging. All bariatric surgeries are major surgeries, and remembering that everyone responds differently to it is helpful. My VSG is scheduled for May 12th. I'll pop on here as soon after that I can. I hope to see a post from you sharing your success after your surgery.

21 hours ago, Greendragonfly said:

Funny, I just got off the same call with my doctors office and I am having the exact same thoughts. Wow its a lot to remember. I am hoping when the time comes I will just keep referring back to my notes and I will get it right. I was thinking I need a binder with tabs to keep track lol 😂.

Isn't it possible to ask their office to send it to you? I'm WAY too visual and need something in writing to refer back to. I was told to stop taking these meds, which I don't take anyway a week prior to surgery. I also stopped taking fish oil because it can lower blood pressure.

Stop one week prior to surgery: Coumadin, steroids, other anti-coagulation medications, Aspirin and NSAIDs

I'm 5 days before surgery and have been on the pre-op for 10 days now. I know I'm getting plenty of Protein, I drink a ton of Water, and I feel tired all the time, with a low-grade headache. It wasn't like this initially; in fact I was kind of buzzed at first. Now I just don't seem to have any energy. I started taking the bariatric Iron and multi I bought for after surgery, thinking it may be a lack of micro-nutrients, but sheesh I'd sure love to feel well rested, especially going into a month or more of super low calorie, liquid intake after surgery. Anyone else feeling like this?

Edited by pk88

41 minutes ago, pk88 said:

Isn't it possible to ask their office to send it to you? I'm WAY too visual and need something in writing to refer back to. I was told to stop taking these meds, which I don't take anyway a week prior to surgery. I also stopped taking fish oil because it can lower blood pressure.

Stop one week prior to surgery: Coumadin, steroids, other anti-coagulation medications, Aspirin and NSAIDs

Oh I have everything in writing but there is a lot of paper. All at once it was a bit overwhelming but day by day its coming together. 😊👍🏻

I had my weigh in yesterday and picked up my prescriptions. Its getting so real. Fighting my food cravings, some days are easier than others. Is anyone keeping a journal? Im starting to feel like I need one.

Nitro Trash Panda I dont know about you but I have many thoughts and frustrations lol. Yes, think its time for a journal. Good luck in your journey.

Had my surgery on May 6th and everything went as planned. I’ve been terribly sick to my stomach and haven’t been able to keep things down. Water has been hard too BUT I can already see things getting better. I’ve been having some major buyers remorse. This is a lot harder that I thought but I’m still hanging in here. Not too hungry but everything still seems gross to me. I need to eat something but I can keep anything down.

Hello. I had my gastric sleeve done on April 30. I did have to do the liquid diet for 2 weeks prior. I have done Keto in the past and have learned that eliminating carbohydrates helps to lower the hunger pangs. I came off all carbs about 6 days prior to going on the liquid diet, I thought it really helped to come off them first, then eliminate the solid foods later. I was also concerned about the lack of energy at work. I am on my feet, active, for ten hours a day. This first few days were the toughest, but it wasn't that bad after that. It was very important to drink the shakes before I got really hungry. Drink them at a regimented time to hold the hunger at bay. It really was not as bad as I thought it would be.......Good Luck!

39 minutes ago, Goal_Digger said:

Had my surgery on May 6th and everything went as planned. I’ve been terribly sick to my stomach and haven’t been able to keep things down. Water has been hard too BUT I can already see things getting better. I’ve been having some major buyers remorse. This is a lot harder that I thought but I’m still hanging in here. Not too hungry but everything still seems gross to me. I need to eat something but I can keep anything down.

Hope it gets better for you soon.