Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

May Surgeries - check in!

My surgery is May 12th and I just started my pre-op diet today. So far, so good. I know from past experience with medically supervised weight loss that I will be sick of Protein Shakes by the end of this week, so any creative suggestions from others on how to tolerate the sweet is welcome. I bought some Unjury chicken flavored Protein Powder and tried it today, but couldn't get through the whole serving of it.

Glad to have others with May dates to share the journey with!

19 hours ago, N!KK! said:

Hi!

I am having mine done on the 12th of May. I start my pre-op tomorrow. I am very excited!

The last couple of months I have been trying to get my body ready for the liquid diet. I have been having a Protein Shake for Breakfast and lunch and a normal dinner. But, in the last few weeks I have been struggling and eating junk for lunch! This week my head seems to be more "ready" for this transition, and I am eager to get it done.

My pre-op is 2 weeks. Week 1 is two Protein Shakes (breakfast and lunch) then a normal meal for dinner. I am not allowed any carbs or sugar, no milk in shakes... needs to be mixed with water... :-/ I can have low energy vegetables and fruit.< /span>

Week 2 is 3 Protein shakes a day and vegetables for Snacks.

It sounds like we're on a similar pre-op diet and I did much the same as you. I got excited and started a "pre" pre-op a few weeks ago, then took a weekend off and struggled to get back on track. I started my pre-op for real today and the worst part is eliminating coffee/caffeine. Counting down the days...

8 hours ago, A1220M said:

Just got scheduled for May 18th... same day as my daughter's birthday! Yay May Sleeves!

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using BariatricPal mobile app

Congratulations!! So happy for you!!

On 4/23/2021 at 6:36 PM, MistySkye said:

I was May 3. Found out yesterday postponed due to cancellation of elective surgeries in Ontario. So I’m on hold until they announce that surgeries can resume 😣 Hope this delay is not long, I’d like to have the surgery by the end of May.

Ugh, that's a bummer. I hope you get rescheduled soon!

16 hours ago, Luna Girl said:

Congratulations!! So happy for you!!

Thank you! You too! Happy recovery 🙂

My bypass surgery is scheduled for this Monday (May 3rd). I am on Day 10 of my pre-op liquid diet. The first 3 days are the hardest—I had body aches, hunger, weakness, and fatigue. Now, I don’t really notice being hungry, and I have more energy than I did last week. I have lost 15 lbs! I bought the bariatric Soups from my surgeon’s office, and I find mixing them with flavorless Protein powder and broth make them better—I also added a little black pepper and garlic seasoning. My best advice is to keep busy and keep drinking Water and sugar-free Gatorade to help! My motivation for getting through these two weeks is constantly reading about what happens when you don’t follow the diet. I don’t want my surgery cancelled or my health at risk, so I drink the Soup, the Protein Shakes, and the sugar-free liquids and count the days until Monday! I am both nervous and excited. Anyone having a bypass? Most of the people I know had the sleeve, but I have severe GERD so my surgeon recommended bypass!

I'm halfway through my preop diet and nearly 10 pounds down! I'd like to lose a little more. 15lbs sounds great to me :) Right now I'm just waiting anxiously for the hospital to call me to schedule my COVID test. I keep thinking they've forgotten me! If I haven't heard by tomorrow I might give my surgeon's office a call.

Yay, 10lbs is amazing!! My COVID test is Saturday. When is your surgery date!?

I was supposed to have surgery in June and got a call today about a cancellation so now it’s May 19th!! I attended the final class today and have my pre op doctors appointment on the 13th. I also found out that I get to start my liquid 3 week diet tomorrow-surprise. I thought I’d have more time to prepare but excited to just get it going! I’m having gastric bypass due to severe GERD as well.

Edited by mandya84

2 hours ago, BypassedSophie said:

Yay, 10lbs is amazing!! My COVID test is Saturday. When is your surgery date!?

Surgery in a week on the 5th. My surgeons office said I should be getting my COVID test next Monday.

Hello! May 20th here! Nervous, excited, unsure of what is truely around the next turn as the page is turned. But mostly EXCITED to be taking control of MY body!

Got my call yesterday that my gastric sleeve surgery is set for May 20th. After months of being excited about finally doing this and at peace with my decision...getting that call has shaken me.
There’s no way I’m backing out just need to calm down. I’m glad I found this forum back in March, it’s helped in making the decision to go forward and it will help me to settle down and begin this journey. Thanks to all

1 hour ago, Retired said:

Got my call yesterday that my gastric sleeve surgery is set for May 20th. After months of being excited about finally doing this and at peace with my decision...getting that call has shaken me.
There’s no way I’m backing out just need to calm down. I’m glad I found this forum back in March, it’s helped in making the decision to go forward and it will help me to settle down and begin this journey. Thanks to all

Same day as me and @Greendragonfly! 3 weeks away; we've got this. I just started the liver-shrink today and I'm trying not to freak out about how long and daunting it is. 1 Protein Shake down; 59 to go.

Im on my 2nd day of my liver shrink. Its not easy but I am pushing through. I am having trouble with my primary care doctors office and getting my pre op clearances scheduled which is pissing me off and making me nervous. Its so frustrating that Im working so hard and they keep giving me the run around.

Good luck to everyone with upcoming surgery 🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻