Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Weirdest None-Scale-Victory - I'll go first

Three weeks past surgery date— I was able to put a ring on that I haven’t been able to wear in 5 years. The inflammation in my joints is finally calming down!

YAY!

13 minutes ago, Yahoo said:

I don’t cringe at the thought of putting on my camera during a zoom call and having to look at my quadruple chins for an hour

That is a victory for sure. I can totally relate

I now have the cardio to workout for an hour+ straight everyday!

I can fit into regular width shoes, menstrual cycle is regular, I can jog for 5 mins straight, I can wear my wedding band again

I was rushing to get something from a nearby shop before they close and ended up running for like 150m or so. I managed to get there in time and I was not out of breath or nearly dying. I don't recall running in the past 20 years of my life. Time to get running shoes I guess 😃

14 hours ago, omrhsn said:

I was rushing to get something from a nearby shop before they close and ended up running for like 150m or so. I managed to get there in time and I was not out of breath or nearly dying. I don't recall running in the past 20 years of my life. Time to get running shoes I guess 😃

Work with Ese at times and the first time I was running with a student and keeping up and not dying I almost passed out from shock thar my body could do that now.

12 hours ago, SkinnyMingo1408 said:

Work with Ese at times and the first time I was running with a student and keeping up and not dying I almost passed out from shock thar my body could do that now.

That is awesome. I think I'm still trapped in the obese person mentality. For instance, I was hesitant to climb on a ladder that is rated for 100 kg and eventually did. I was recently asked to participate in some of the games during my son's school sport day and I said maybe later. After seeing some of father who are around my weight or heavier doing it, I joined and we even got the first place in one of the games. My son was super happy. Guess who is going the 200m run in the next sports day 😁

12 hours ago, Hazel_Lane said:

OMG!!!You guy’s stories are amazing I’m going in for my surgery June 27.I’m soo excited.

Good luck!

I dropped two dress sizes and didn't realize it. I always buy pants and skirts with elastic and decided to get a skirt without elastic I really wanted. Tried it on and it could slip past my hips and had to get a smaller size. Not a big victory but I'll take it. I also had my feet shrink down a size. So none of my shoes fit me right. Guess its time to go shopping. 😃

Edited by Candigrl1

On 04/17/2021 at 19:18, Jnfinney said:

@Betty1971 and being able to tie my shoes without having to hold my breath!

Girl me too !!! I don’t have to pull up my leg onto the other by the leg of my jeans anymore either yay! 🙌🏼

For me every time Im over weight I get that buffalo hump on the back of my neck. 4 days postop I could literally feel that it went down yeah🤩

For me, it was laying on my side and put my arm on me and felt something poking at me and I realized it was my hip bone. I can now feel my bones in places I couldn’t feel before.

I think the best NSV for me was being able to use a normal size towel and not have the gap. I have since gained almost all of my weight back after 2 kids, a blown ACL and Esophagus issues the last couple of years. I am going back in to tomorrow to have my band filled a little bit more. Crossing my fingers, I can find the green zone and get back to losing. It has definitely gotten harder to lose the weight as I have aged. When I was 20 it was just falling off.