Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Weirdest None-Scale-Victory - I'll go first

I love the towel victory. I experience the same where I can wrap a towel without a massive gap. Congrats!!

2 hours ago, Flapjack71 said:

I love the towel victory. I experience the same where I can wrap a towel without a massive gap. Congrats!!

Thank you! I almost took a picture of myself, but I thought better of it. LOL! I might take a picture with it wrapped around me, but fully clothed. LOL!

Not exactly a victory, but I have always been a side sleeper, but now I can't sleep on one side the entire night anymore because my hip starts to hurt too bad, I'm assuming because there is less padding around the joint.

4 minutes ago, JFreeman said:

Not exactly a victory, but I have always been a side sleeper, but now I can't sleep on one side the entire night anymore because my hip starts to hurt too bad, I'm assuming because there is less padding around the joint.

You'll get used to it. I was having the same issue with my ribs and that problem is mostly gone now. :)

Some of my oddest things I have noticed about myself - There is space between my legs.... I mean, like standing in front of a mirror, in a pair of jeans; there is space ! How weird is that ? And I DO weird things. Today someone brought in douhnuts to the office. There were about 4 in the box this afternoon. I had a half of one earlier..... and I did not even consider taking the leftovers home... I found a colleague with kids at home and handed her the box ... later I realized that it wasn't even on my mind to take them home.... MIND BLOWN.

As part of the company HSE regulations we need to attend a training on confined space entry every two years. I did mine today. The training consists of two parts - a presentation followed by a demo where two employees need to demo the application of the rules etc. One gets to be the "authorized entrant" and go inside a 60 cm manhole and navigate the small space, retrieve something etc and the other guy waits outside and becomes the "standby person". I was always the standby person but not today. Previously they would assign me the role without asking. I volunteered to be the entrant and we got the highest score! Win win

OK, this one: LOL Backstory--I have a now 30 year old granddaughter, who was a size 3. She got married, had a baby, who is a 6 year old. After she had the baby, she got what I (in my head) called a "mom body." Fluffy. Anyway, she got onto a healthy diet/exercise program, and has lost a lot of weight, toned up.

OK now my non-scale victory-- I asked her what size she is now--size 2. What size were you when you started this program? A solid 8. I asked her for her old clothes!! 🤣

Lord that felt good.

I can tie my shoes by crossing my legs lol, I feel like that sounds silly but my belly used to get in the way.

I was at the mall yesterday and saw them putting some shorts and T-shirts on display. One year ago I'd have taken a look and wished I could wear those. Not this time haha. I went in and got my first shorts in more than 30 years. It feels strange but awesome lol.

I'm now wearing size 33" pants (52" before WLS) and M/L T-Shirt (5XL before WLS) which was a nice surprise. No longer going to the beach wearing jeans after this 😃.

IMG_8738.jpg

Hell yeah!! Great job!

On 4/17/2021 at 3:20 PM, Luna Girl said:

Cannot wait for ALL of these small victories!!:1360_point_up_tone1:

Me too!!

On 4/17/2021 at 3:20 PM, Luna Girl said:

Cannot wait for ALL of these small victories!!:1360_point_up_tone1:

Me too!!

I finally had the self confidence to go for the haircut I’ve always wanted: a white blonde pixie! Also got a very small thin septum piercing. I feel more like myself every single day and I love this feeling. 💕

9 hours ago, omrhsn said:

I was at the mall yesterday and saw them putting some shorts and T-shirts on display. One year ago I'd have taken a look and wished I could wear those. Not this time haha. I went in and got my first shorts in more than 30 years. It feels strange but awesome lol.

I'm now wearing size 33" pants (52" before WLS) and M/L T-Shirt (5XL before WLS) which was a nice surprise. No longer going to the beach wearing jeans after this 😃.

IMG_8738.jpg

Latest NSV: The sneakers I wear almost on a daily basis have shoelaces AND a side zipper. I tied them once in October 2023, when I first got them, and only use the zipper to put them on and take them off. Since my surgery in January, I’ve had to retie my laces twice, because the shoes are too loose now!