Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Weirdest None-Scale-Victory - I'll go first

On 2/17/2023 at 6:23 AM, Spinoza said:

Love this NSV.

For me - gone are the days of panicking when a waiter starts to show my family to a booth, rather than a table where I can push my chair back as far as I need. Some of the most public embarrassment I've faced during my life as a person with obesity.

I can relate to this. We went to a restaurant that my wife likes and all the indoor tables were taken. They only had outdoor tables with swing seats (with ropes and wooden deck etc). One year ago we would have just left and I'm sure the waitress would have not mentioned those tables upon seeing me lol. We sat there and enjoyed the meal. The swings were fine when we left. From now on, that is where we are going to sit every time we go there.

2 hours ago, BigSue said:

Oh, man, I have so many horrible memories of those chairs with attached desks. I haven't encountered one since I lost weight, but now that I think about it, I kind of want to see what it's like to fit into one comfortably!

It's pretty neat. I love to sit on things now. They've gone from too small and embarrassing, to comfortable and/or even too big. Secretly, I'm showing off every time I cross my legs at the knee.

I even don't mind sitting on the floor and I HATED when I had to sit on the floor or ground as a plus size. Getting down, sitting comfortably and then getting back up was just such a struggle. It was AWFUL and heaven forbid I was seated close to someone because they were (at the very least) going to get my butt in their face and at the very worst get part of them stepped on because I couldn't keep track of all my parts at once. And the body parts that would fall asleep after just moments on the floor! My body was so awful, but I wasn't kind to it either. I didn't know it then. If I knew I'd feel this good after surgery I would've gotten it so much sooner.

I was on vacation and needed a strapless bra for my outfit - the bra that I packed with me was a 44DD and it was literally falling off of me, I even tried stuffing it and putting a sports bra over it but it was wayyyy too big. I borrowed someone’s with a 36 band and it was tight but it worked! I couldn’t tell you the last time I was able to borrow someone’s piece of clothing and have it actually fit!

8 hours ago, vsg2410 said:

I was on vacation and needed a strapless bra for my outfit - the bra that I packed with me was a 44DD and it was literally falling off of me,

Lol! The same thing happened to me. I was on holiday too & packed the strapless bra which I had fit fine a few weeks previously. But unfortunately it didn’t anymore. I thought it was going to fall straight to the ground & I’d have to step out of it & leave it on the footpath 😆😆.

I was at the hospital just now for my 1 year blood work and the front desk guy handling the paper work said I look nothing like my passport photo. I thought he was joking but apparently not 🤣. Taking the blood sample was much easier this time. They didn't have to poke me a million times to get the sample.

When I went into my surgery 17 months ago, I had an A1C almost at 8, and that was with control. The day after my surgery they took me off all diabetes meds. Just had a very comprehensive set of tests done, and it was 5.4; not even pre-diabetic anymore.

So I'm at a comicon type convention and I'm sitting in the stadium people watching and I couldn't help but notice the heavier citizens needing to lean forward to manage a hazardous step. I don't do that anymore! I can manage steps in a full upright position. 😀

Also, I'm not suction cupped into the seat there's room on both sides.

I am an old fashioned big knicker girl. No bits of dental floss for me. I would never ever put my knickers to dry outside on the washing line. Now they are so tiny, they make me smile, still big knickers but tiny big knickers

“Tiny big knickers” lol! My grandma convinced me to never hang them outside too. You know it’s real if you need smaller undies!

Lol! I love this. My 17 year old and I have the same size panties now. She's be horrified if she figured that out.

We went to my son's school Sports Day last Friday. Me and a few parents were asked to join the activities which was really fun. Doing the spoon ball game as a team with my son was so much fun and he was really happy that daddy was finally on the field.

The coach even asked me if I could join the daddies 100 m run. I don't remember being asked last year hmmm 🤣. I couldn't join because I didn't have proper shoes on. Looking forward to next year event

6 minutes ago, SkinnyMingo1408 said:

Lol! I love this. My 17 year old and I have the same size panties now. She's be horrified if she figured that out.

I bought new plain round neck T-shirts and the maid put those in my wife's wardrobe. Guess we are the same size now lol

Remember when everyone hung their knickers & bras on the inside of the clothes line so the neighbours couldn’t see them? (Or may be you’re all much younger than me & never had clothes lines to dry your clothing. Lol!)

Was traveling home yesterday and spent a few hours in the airport. Brought out the laptop to do some work. About a half hour into it I realized I was actually using my laptop on my LAP for the first time. I have a lap!!!

I have 2 non-scale victories this week. One weird and one not-so weird.

Weird: When laying on my side, I can feel bumps in my thigh (the side facing the ceiling). I assume it's cellulite. Weird. LOL!

Not-so weird: I can now wrap a regular bath towel around me and the ends overlap. This one made me so happy to discover, I nearly cried.