Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Weirdest None-Scale-Victory - I'll go first

Yesterday I went to the optometrist. Previously when they raised the chair in would moan and groan under my weight. This time it was a smooth and very quiet ride. Yay!.

I went out this weekend for my cousins birthday, and had multiple NSVs.

I was called "skinny" multiple times. 🤯 Got a couple of "whoa look at you girl" comments

People I haven't seen since before surgery didn't recognize me.

I danced!! and didn't care.. didn't care that I can't dance. Didn't care if people were staring at my horrible dancing skills. I just danced and didn't care... this is HUGE for me because all of my friends and family have ALWAYS been trying to get me on the dance floor at events and I just sit there by myself.... I HAD A BLAST!

3 hours ago, kcuster83 said:

I was called "skinny" multiple times. 🤯 Got a couple of "whoa look at you girl" comments

I danced!! and didn't care.. didn't care that I can't dance. Didn't care if people were staring at my horrible dancing skills. I just danced and didn't care... this is HUGE for me because all of my friends and family have ALWAYS been trying to get me on the dance floor at events and I just sit there by myself.... I HAD A BLAST!

Thank you for this post. It made me so happy! Congratulations!

I went to a theme park twice last week & fit in every ride! & not gonna lie, I also compared my saftey bar w other people's & was surprised to see mine go lower/tighter than the people who sat next/near me.

I'm especially proud since I had issues fitting in some of these rides at this exact theme park years ago

On 1/14/2023 at 5:19 PM, Possum220 said:

Yesterday I went to the optometrist. Previously when they raised the chair in would moan and groan under my weight. This time it was a smooth and very quiet ride. Yay!.

thats a awesome feeling keep it up!!

1 hour ago, Nina35 said:

thats a awesome feeling keep it up!!

Shall do and thank you. 😊

11 hours ago, kcuster83 said:

That is awesome! I'm glad you had fun at the birthday party. Compliments are always nice and encouraging.

7 hours ago, bbykitty said:

I went to a theme park twice last week & fit in every ride! & not gonna lie, I also compared my saftey bar w other people's & was surprised to see mine go lower/tighter than the people who sat next/near me.

I'm especially proud since I had issues fitting in some of these rides at this exact theme park years ago

That is awesome! I can't wait to take my kids to the theme park and try all the rides too

4 hours ago, sugarbee24 said:

NSV for me is wearing these beautiful shoes for 9 hours! 20230116_013215.jpg 34727.jpg

Congratulations, you look fabulous. I am very envious of the Cinderella shoes

7 hours ago, sugarbee24 said:

NSV for me is wearing these beautiful shoes for 9 hours! 20230116_013215.jpg 34727.jpg

You look amazing! Congratulations! I wore similar high heel platform shoes recently. Unlike you, my feet certainly did hurt… but, nevertheless I was able to wear them! No way I could have done that when I was 100 pounds heavier!

I took my kids to the Water park this weekend and we all had a great time there. Guess who was on the slides and joined them on almost all the rides. It was so much fun and my kids were super excited that daddy can finally join the fun. That on its own made the WLS and the whole journey worth it.

13 hours ago, summerseeker said:

Congratulations, you look fabulous. I am very envious of the Cinderella shoes

Damn! You and your shoes both look fabulous!

My new NSV: I was able to finish an entire spinning class without panting for breath or quitting early! It’s amazing how much losing weight can make working out easier!

Now I’m training for a triathlon coming up in a few months!!

There are so many non-scale victories I have be blessed to experience so far 😊

Some of them include:

1. No longer having sleep apnea (so long C-PAP Machine!!)

2. Being able to purchase clothing from the mall or another regular retail chain store again.

3. Not feeling tired by mid-day; more energy.

4. Symptoms of depression and anxiety have drastically decreased.

5. Being able to keep up with my son when we do activities outdoors!