Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Weirdest None-Scale-Victory - I'll go first

Another weird NSV but shopping less and having a fuller pantry. Because of how little I can eat, I don't need to buy groceries like I used to. I use to spend so much money on groceries and go through them within a week because I ate so much. But now I'm spending less money and my pantry is fuller longer. It almost feels like a bariatric super power as I see my roommate buy hundreds of dollars worth of groceries and go through it within a week!
I can make one 100 dollar trip last 20 days! Of course I spend a fortune ordering my fairlife shakes online hahaha

Sent from my SM-G975U using BariatricPal mobile app

On 7/28/2022 at 4:56 AM, Tony B - NJ said:

One of the nicest non scale victories I have experienced is that I am not sweating near as much as I have in the past. I walk outside during the work day to get a little extra exercise. In the past walking around in 90 degree weather would make me soaking wet in just a short 10 or 15 minutes. I am walking a good 20 minutes several times a day without sweating very much at all. I did not think it was possible.

I'll experience my first summer at goal at the end of this year (Southern Hemisphere), so I'm really curious to see how differently I feel in the heat.

On the flip-side, this winter we're currently in down here... I feel the cold like I never did before. I look at other folks who aren't rugged up like the Michelin Man in puffers and beanies and multi-layers and wonder how on earth they can stand it! I've never been so low on insulating blubber!

I was told to cut my blood pressure meds in half because my blood pressure has dropped too low. WOOHOO! I am half of a pill away from being off ALL meds!

2 hours ago, kcuster83 said:

I was told to cut my blood pressure meds in half because my blood pressure has dropped too low. WOOHOO! I am half of a pill away from being off ALL meds!

Amazing. :99_muscle:

5 hours ago, kcuster83 said:

That's awesome! I'm almost off all my medical meds and had to decrease some of my mental meds because of how I was tolerating them.

13 hours ago, Candigrl1 said:

I put my pants on this morning while standing up, I always had to sit down to do that. Small victory but I'll take it.

Don't minimize your successes! Your doing great!

I can now put my legs(one at a time) up on the sink counter after a shower and dry them off. I could before but with constant concern of falling. Now I'm practically a gymnast in there. I'm shaving my legs on a regular basis! Self care has actually become something I enjoy doing!!

I had a ring stuck on my finger for over a year that I couldn’t get off no more how hard I tried. I had an MRI a few months after surgery and the nurse told me to take my ring off and I told her that I couldn’t. I tried anyway and it came right off.

My fingers shrunk!!! 🤣😅😂

1 hour ago, Quesodip251 said:

I had a ring stuck on my finger for over a year that I couldn’t get off no more how hard I tried. I had an MRI a few months after surgery and the nurse told me to take my ring off and I told her that I couldn’t. I tried anyway and it came right off.

My fingers shrunk!!! 🤣😅😂

That's a great feeling isn't it?

My wedding ring was the right size when I got it 11 years ago. It's titanium, so it can't be resized.

So, yeah - went from tight to right. Then to falling right off....

Had to get some size adjusters.

Bent down to tie my shoes and didn’t have to move my boobs or stomach out of the way first 👍

9 hours ago, redhead_che said:

Bent down to tie my shoes and didn’t have to move my boobs or stomach out of the way first 👍

Oh my gosh that is one for me too! Also not panting like I ran a marathon after I get them on.

I clipped my toe nails yesterday and it was SO EASY! No crazy twisting to try to reach them. Not having to rest in between. It was great!

This is not weird but is something that made my doctor really happy. I saw him this week and he took me off 3 medications because I no longer need them. Yay! It is also so much easier to have a shower now without feeling puffed afterwards.

Edited by Possum220

1 minute ago, Possum220 said:

This is not weird but is something that made my doctor really happy. I saw him this week and he took me off 3 medications because I no longer need them. Yay! It is also so much easier to have a shower now without feeling puffed afterwards.

That is so awesome. I know we all get fitter and healthier but I love to hear when people literally get off of medications. This surgery literally changes lives.

Crossing my legs when sitting in a chair. Putting on socks is easy, sitting or standing. Bought a new pair of pants 3 months ago that I can barely wear anymore because now they're too big too. Almost never sweaty. No huffing and puffing when walking or hiking. Bought a kayak and don't feel too big for it. No longer worried that camping chairs will buckle under me. Aches and pains in my hips and legs are nearly gone. All in all, all is good!