Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Weirdest None-Scale-Victory - I'll go first

Yes it's amazing!!! I just got a pair of size 14 shorts and wore them to the baseball game today and I realized I should have gotten a 12. ME!! A 12!!! [emoji2962]

Sent from my Pixel 5a using BariatricPal mobile app

Oh and I'm also 50 and doing things I did as a teenager! [emoji16]

Sent from my Pixel 5a using BariatricPal mobile app

On 4/17/2021 at 4:26 PM, Jnfinney said:

Wiping my own butt without breaking my back trying to reach 🤦🏼‍♀️

GIRL.

Thank you for saying this. I swear it feels (mainly cause no one talks about it) that I am the only person in the world that has trouble wiping. Sometimes my husband has to help if it's a bad day and I can't bend far enough. I have a bruise on my wrist where it hits the toilet seat every time I wipe. It is horrifyingly embarrassing, but something I live with day-to-day. I can't WAIT for this to not be a problem anymore.

My surgery was Wednesday 6/8.
Greatest non scale victory: I can breathe. 2/3 of my stomach was in my chest because of a massive hiatal hernia that caused me enormous discomfort BUT I just felt crappy and had no idea till after surgery that the hernia made me feel that way.

3 hours ago, Mariann812 said:

Greatest non scale victory: I can breathe. 2/3 of my stomach was in my chest because of a massive hiatal hernia that caused me enormous discomfort BUT I just felt crappy and had no idea till after surgery that the hernia made me feel that way.

Wow that amazing so glad you are feeling so much better now

On 4/18/2021 at 6:26 AM, Jnfinney said:

Wiping my own butt without breaking my back trying to reach 🤦🏼‍♀️

That'll be the day for me when I don't struggle so much to reach behind too 😄😄😄😄😄

2 hours ago, SleeverSk said:

Wow that amazing so glad you are feeling so much better now

Thank you. I am amazed! One of my daughters is a doctor, though, and she tells me that the diaphragmatic breathing is vitally important to our good health. I never had a clue about any of this, never verbally articulated the shortness of breath EXCEPT to attribute it to a long term term effect of COVID. Obviously, I was wrong. 🤦🏻‍♀️
https://blocktherapy.com/2014/07/diaphragmatic-breathing-important/

WHO KNEW? Certainly not me.🤷🏻‍♀️

10 hours ago, Mariann812 said:

So glad you are feeling better and got that fixed!

My hernia was nowhere near as bad, but even then getting rid of the constant gerd from it is a lifechanger.

13 hours ago, Mariann812 said:

Thank you. I am amazed! One of my daughters is a doctor, though, and she tells me that the diaphragmatic breathing is vitally important to our good health. I never had a clue about any of this, never verbally articulated the shortness of breath EXCEPT to attribute it to a long term term effect of COVID. Obviously, I was wrong. 🤦🏻‍♀️
https://blocktherapy.com/2014/07/diaphragmatic-breathing-important/

WHO KNEW? Certainly not me.🤷🏻‍♀️

Oh wow I just read the link😳 I certainly didn't know either, so interesting. Thanks for sharing Marianne🙏

On 6/8/2022 at 7:03 PM, Orinskye said:

I kind of give guys the side eye now if they ask for my number. I’ve had it happen a few times now and I always cringe on the inside because I knows it is because of how I look now 🤷🏼‍♀️

So much this. My dad tried to get me to lose weight and promised me new clothes etc for YEARS. Once I got my biggest, I honestly didn't WANT to lose weight because of this reason. If they can't love me at my worst, they don't deserve me at my best, right?

Luckily I found the love of my life while I was at my heaviest and he loves me no matter what. So now, I just get to be better and healthier for him and our bonus kids. I get to improve my health to stay around longer for them since their mother is 9 times out of 10, MIA.

Being able to cross my legs!
Wrapping a towel around me with no gap! 😆

Being in my friend's snapchats and pictures and literally not recognizing myself. An interesting nsv for sure.

Sent from my SM-G975U using BariatricPal mobile app

On 06/14/2022 at 10:36, Raw188 said:

So glad you are feeling better and got that fixed!

My hernia was nowhere near as bad, but even then getting rid of the constant gerd from it is a lifechanger.

It occurred to me today that after 20 years of eating 6-20 Pepcid complete a day, I haven’t had one in almost 2 weeks!
You are correct…this is life changing!

Weirdest NSV: Taking my son to baseball training practice and having the teenage boys spend more time staring at me then their trainers!