Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Weirdest None-Scale-Victory - I'll go first

I'm honest with people about surgery. If they judge me it's not my problem but also may help someone unsure about doing it for themselves. I had surgery in October 2021 and turned 50 in February of 22 so I give very few f#@$s about things like that anymore.
Ha ha ha. I agree with this.. I turned 50 last August. ;)

Sent from my Pixel 5a using BariatricPal mobile app

A subtle non scale victory. I had a suit custom made. When I went to pick up the suit the tailor brought it out on a hanger and I told him that was not my suit. It looked to me like a teenager’s suit. He opened it up and showed me it was mine. Amazed how small I have become. I still feel like a fat guy.

Ok, so excited. You tend not to "be noticed" at my age. In the last week, several compliments from the opposite sex. Great mood boost!

3 hours ago, oldandtired said:

Ok, so excited. You tend not to "be noticed" at my age. In the last week, several compliments from the opposite sex. Great mood boost!

I’m not that old (I’m 39) but when I went to Starbucks the other day the guy at the counter greeted me by name. I was taken aback a bit but just took my coffee and smiled… but I’m so blah at 6 am that I’m just not focused enough to notice details like that.

i got to work and one of my students noticed there was a heart and a phone number on my Starbucks cup. 😱

i teach fifth grade so you can imagine how crazy the girls went over the information that the Starbucks guy has a crush on their teacher 🤦🏼‍♀️.

it is odd when you’ve gone your whole life with men never looking at you like that 🤷🏼‍♀️

On 4/15/2022 at 7:47 AM, oldandtired said:

LOL at my age-69-I tend to get the worried look and "Are you doing all right?" Being Southern by birth and the grace of God, imagine that sentence with our Southern drawl... "Honey, you look like you goin' dry up and blow away! Are you feelin' all riight?"

I'm only 38 but after losing my weight, my neighbor asked if I had cancer. They had cancer near that time and were just worried about me losing "so much weight"

11 hours ago, mswillis5 said:

I'm only 38 but after losing my weight, my neighbor asked if I had cancer. They had cancer near that time and were just worried about me losing "so much weight"

I got all those comments today and my dad pulled me aside and told me that “enough is enough and I need to STOP losing weight because now (according to him) I look skeletal and unhealthy” . Attaching a pic because I am not “skeletal” 🙄

9561E66E-6E97-4A0E-894C-86FBF3BD0E90.jpeg

Ignore those people even if those people are your dad.

Besides, what exactly are you supposed to do, magick up a different size stomach??

1 hour ago, Orinskye said:

I got all those comments today and my dad pulled me aside and told me that “enough is enough and I need to STOP losing weight because now (according to him) I look skeletal and unhealthy” . Attaching a pic because I am not “skeletal” 🙄

Sometimes family members & friends find it very hard to reconcile how you look now so to them anything smaller then what you were looks skeletal. It takes time for them to really see you. I had some of those moments too but they don’t say anything like that now & I’m smaller than what I was when they did. They went from stop losing, you look skeletal, & the worst you look like death, to you’re actually quite finely built aren’t you, to no comments at all. And yes, I got the very concerned inquiry as to the state of my health & if I was really ok too. It was from my minister - think she thought she’d have to add me to her daily prayers.

By the way, I think you look great.

You look amazing! It will take time for folks around you to adjust to the New Normal. Your body is wise and will know where you need to plateau. The hard work is continuing to listen to that wisdom and stay at a healthy weight. Keep up the great work and keep smiling! Thanks for sharing the experience and the pic.

8 hours ago, Orinskye said:

I am not “skeletal” 🙄

9561E66E-6E97-4A0E-894C-86FBF3BD0E90.jpeg

You look healthy and happy (and perfectly lovely!) to me.

While on Vacation with my husband took a historical tour and for the first time, I was one of the smallest people in the room! And also could walk the tour including 6 flights of stairs with no problems what so ever!

So my first NSV for the week is making me scratch my head. I'm still losing, which is nice, but I had to return a pair of American Eagle brand shorts because they were too large—apparently I'm a size medium now. The idea of a six-foot-tall, 268-pound man being a medium in ANYTHING clothing related is just too bizarre for words. I expected it in Carhartt work t-shirts because they're like Chucks, they're known to run very large and you have to size down. But a teenage clothing line??

But that's not the weird NSV. The weird NSV requires some backstory.

I live in a two-story home that is a little older (by local standards; stop laughing, Europeans).

My beloved offspring's bedroom is directly above the doorbell—the actual thing that makes the chime sound itself.

Whenever I would walk across her room, my weight would compress the floor and press down on the wall that the doorbell mechanism is mounted on, and because of how it's wired, the doorbell would ring.

It took me WEEKS after we moved in to figure out what the heck was happening. I'd be putting her to bed and the doorbell would ring. She'd wake up and need Water or to chase away a nightmare at 2:30 a.m., and I'd walk in and... the doorbell would ring. Freaked me out!

Well, the other day I was putting clean laundry on her bed ("put it away yourself!") and I noticed that I don't make the doorbell ring anymore. Not even if I hop up and down on the spot. Nothing else has changed except the size of me, and so... weird non-scale victory!

Edited by vikingbeast

12 hours ago, vikingbeast said:

So my first NSV for the week is making me scratch my head. I'm still losing, which is nice, but I had to return a pair of American Eagle brand shorts because they were too large—apparently I'm a size medium now. The idea of a six-foot-tall, 268-pound man being a medium in ANYTHING clothing related is just too bizarre for words. I expected it in Carhartt work t-shirts because they're like Chucks, they're known to run very large and you have to size down. But a teenage clothing line??

I live in a two-story home that is a little older (by local standards; stop laughing, Europeans).

My beloved offspring's bedroom is directly above the doorbell—the actual thing that makes the chime sound itself.

Whenever I would walk across her room, my weight would compress the floor and press down on the wall that the doorbell mechanism is mounted on, and because of how it's wired, the doorbell would ring.

It took me WEEKS after we moved in to figure out what the heck was happening. I'd be putting her to bed and the doorbell would ring. She'd wake up and need Water or to chase away a nightmare at 2:30 a.m., and I'd walk in and... the doorbell would ring. Freaked me out!

Well, the other day I was putting clean laundry on her bed ("put it away yourself!") and I noticed that I don't make the doorbell ring anymore. Not even if I hop up and down on the spot. Nothing else has changed except the size of me, and so... weird non-scale victory!

That is the funniest NSV ever. I have to say though, that ghost door bell would would be dead and in the dustbin, never to ring again in my house. Children here have a game called 'knock a door, run'. The local kids would have got the blame haha

I'm pretty sure this is the favorite NSV I've ever read on here! [emoji23] This gave me the best mental picture! So awesome!

Sent from my Pixel 5a using BariatricPal mobile app