Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Weirdest None-Scale-Victory - I'll go first

I actually saw my shoulder blades move in the mirror and did a double take! I am so used to the layer of back fat obscuring them! I stood there for a few minutes moving my arms and shoulders in amazement! (My husband thought I was strange). 🤷🏼‍♀️

4 minutes ago, SarahMan80 said:

I actually saw my shoulder blades move in the mirror and did a double take! I am so used to the layer of back fat obscuring them! I stood there for a few minutes moving my arms and shoulders in amazement! (My husband thought I was strange). 🤷🏼‍♀️

Yes! And felt bones in the back of my neck, on my hip, and even saw ribs in my chest. (Still have tons of excess skin elsewhere, but interesting to see/feel these for the first time).

I have a jawline. It's visible in the mirror and everything. Woohoo!

I have 2 additions to my list!

It finally occurred to me today: my heels aren't cracking anymore. Sure, I'm not a dainty-sandal or slingback-kitten-heel person in any way, but even still - my feet are looking good! No more cracks so big you could go spelunking.

And second: I've become a morning person and can't oversleep. I used to be a night owl, and would easily sleep ten hours if allowed, and that sleep wouldn't be quality because of my terrible breathing (undiagnosed, but I know I had sleep apnea). Now that I breathe normally, I can get by on a lot less sleep, even WITH my cat waking me up multiple times during the night. I wake up at dawn and... I like it!

13 hours ago, Smanky said:

I have 2 additions to my list!

It finally occurred to me today: my heels aren't cracking anymore. Sure, I'm not a dainty-sandal or slingback-kitten-heel person in any way, but even still - my feet are looking good! No more cracks so big you could go spelunking.

And second: I've become a morning person and can't oversleep. I used to be a night owl, and would easily sleep ten hours if allowed, and that sleep wouldn't be quality because of my terrible breathing (undiagnosed, but I know I had sleep apnea). Now that I breathe normally, I can get by on a lot less sleep, even WITH my cat waking me up multiple times during the night. I wake up at dawn and... I like it!

I hope to forget out those heel cracks too. Mine became so sore in summer, they bled. Spelunking haha. Love this thread

Last April, I was a groomsman in a wedding. Had to rent a size 66 jacket.

Needed a new suit jacket for a work function. Went to JC Penney and fit into a size 52 jacket.

12 hours ago, summerseeker said:

I hope to forget out those heel cracks too. Mine became so sore in summer, they bled. Spelunking haha. Love this thread

It'll happen! When you've forgotten all about it, you'll look down and suddenly notice it's much better. A quick pumice in the shower and the roadmap of cracks will start to vanish!

On 4/18/2021 at 4:46 AM, abandster said:

1. Who moved my car seat back? Oh, nobody. My butt is smaller and I'm sitting further back.

2. What? Do gold necklaces stretch? Oh, no. My neck just got smaller and now the chain looks longer.

3. Painting my own toenails.

4. Fitting in most any chair.

5. Not worrying about getting stuck in chairs with arms.

6. Not worrying about a chair breaking (mostly outdoor chairs). Been there, done that.

Love that list!! Looking forward to the day I Ck them all off. TY for posting!

2 hours ago, dasper said:

This one I'm not sure how to react to, people you haven't seen in awhile, and they'll say something like did you lose weight and how did you do it

"The old-fashioned way -- by eating less and moving more." It's true (albeit incomplete).

I'm honest with people about surgery. If they judge me it's not my problem but also may help someone unsure about doing it for themselves. I had surgery in October 2021 and turned 50 in February of 22 so I give very few f#@$s about things like that anymore.

I'm honest with people about surgery. If they judge me it's not my problem but also may help someone unsure about doing it for themselves. I had surgery in October 2021 and turned 50 in February of 22 so I give very few f#@$s about things like that anymore.

Isn't that the truth, the older you get the less of a filter you have

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using BariatricPal mobile app

29 minutes ago, dasper said:

Isn't that the truth, the older you get the less of a filter you have

3 hours ago, dasper said:

Being able to wear clothes in had in the closet only to find out their way to big.

This one I'm not sure how to react to, people you haven't seen in awhile, and they'll say something like did you lose weight and how did you do it

LOL at my age-69-I tend to get the worried look and "Are you doing all right?" Being Southern by birth and the grace of God, imagine that sentence with our Southern drawl... "Honey, you look like you goin' dry up and blow away! Are you feelin' all riight?"

My fiancé was in a terrible car wreck (he is okay) and we had to go to the tow yard to clean out the car. Because the trunk was electric-release only, and it was a coupe, I had to fold the driver's seat forward and get in the back to pull down the seatback to get into the trunk—and I fit and got back out, with no wriggling or grease needed. :D