Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Weirdest None-Scale-Victory - I'll go first

Not really a "weird" victory but the constant little voice in my head is gone. I'm not screaming inside about how I need to lose weight and why do I keep doing things like ... eating. I'm not thinking about what I'm going to eat next, or what I just ate and why it was "bad". All the other destructive disordered eating thoughts have just gone away.

It's nice and quiet in my head. I like it.

Edited by ClareLynn

1 hour ago, STLoser said:

I had to add this pick of me in my kid's knock-off comfy
Excuse my messy hair and crazy pants. I was being "comfy". Ha ha PXL_20220307_195533866.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 5a using BariatricPal mobile app

Hi there! :) Looking good and comfy.

Isn't it funny; if I had just seen this picture randomly, I would've never thought you used to be overweight. :)

Hi there! [emoji4] Looking good and comfy.

Isn't it funny; if I had just seen this picture randomly, I would've never thought you used to be overweight. [emoji4]
Aw thanks! [emoji4] It sure feels good not to be so overweight anymore!

I had to Jack up the car seat because I was peering over the driver’s wheel like a little old lady. I have a booty but it used to be a giant pillow I was sitting upon. The seat went up two inches and my thighs still have lots of space between me and the wheel. It’s amazing how the sun shields now shade my eyes again lol!

Hello! I love coming back to this thread and reading all the ways ya'll are experiencing life anew post-surgery. Life is bananas for me and all the shares here are a great reminder of the many reasons I had this surgery at a time when I am often too busy to do much of my own reflection. So...thank you to everyone that has taken time to share the wonderful and weird ways you are experiencing life post WLS.

My latest NSV is an emotional/psychological win around internalized food and body shame. I have owned a food scale for years and for all those years I felt ashamed about using it, judging myself as so "out of control" that I couldn't manage healthy portions on my own. Rather than a simple tool, I viewed it as a symbol of a failed out-of-control relationship to food. I had a hard time using the food scale because I was embarrassed to keep it in sight or use it in front of anyone. Fast forward to last week...when I got so fed up with other people in my household putting my food scale deep in the cupboard that I taped a sign to it and wrote in bold sharpie "I USE THIS, PLEASE LEAVE ON THE COUNTER FOR ME". Felt zero shame or hesitancy in doing this, just happy to solve the annoying problem of one of my essential tools being hidden away from me. This feels like one of my most important NSVs.

Edited by chiquitatummy

I just got back from getting my yearly mammogram. When they gave me the little gown/vest to put on, they gave me the regular one. I've always had to wait for them to go find an extra big gown before. After so long being bigger than the biggest size most places carry, and the biggest person in every crowd, it was crazy to put that standard sized gown on and have it be really loose. Like, I'm not even close to the top size person who would be able to wear that standard size gown. I'm in the middle! I could wrap it way extra around me! Sometimes blows my mind to be "normal".

Pants began to fall down in the middle of the supermarket and I had to walk out holding them up. Did I lose weight in the detergent aisle?

Several months ago when I was heavier I always seemed to have to hike up my pants because most likely my belly was pushing them down and had to constantly adjust. I noticed now that I am down 12 inches on my waist, my belt holds up my properly fitting pants and I am not constantly adjusting, pulling up, tightening, loosening etc.

On 3/11/2022 at 4:49 PM, ClareLynn said:

Not really a "weird" victory but the constant little voice in my head is gone. I'm not screaming inside about how I need to lose weight and why do I keep doing things like ... eating. I'm not thinking about what I'm going to eat next, or what I just ate and why it was "bad". All the other destructive disordered eating thoughts have just gone away.

It's nice and quiet in my head. I like it.

That’s the best yet! It’s definitely a major victory.

1 hour ago, Tony B - NJ said:

Several months ago when I was heavier I always seemed to have to hike up my pants because most likely my belly was pushing them down and had to constantly adjust. I noticed now that I am down 12 inches on my waist, my belt holds up my properly fitting pants and I am not constantly adjusting, pulling up, tightening, loosening etc.

Yeah, I need that.

I love going to craft shows and I love to buy rings but they never fit me and they'd always have to be sized for me or made specially. I was about a size 9-10. Yesterday I went to a craft show and most of the rings either fit or were on the big side! The ones that fit were about a size 7! The down side of this is now I have to have all of my old rings sized down, but I'm waiting until my weight is stable.

I do not know if it counts. I am used to take my blood pressure every morning after taking my pills.

I normally just slide my arm in the sleeve of my monitor without adjusting the Velcro.

Well, yesterday I had to re adjust the sleeve because it was too loose in my arm :D

On 03/20/2022 at 11:50, LaTiaV said:

I do not know if it counts. I am used to take my blood pressure every morning after taking my pills.

I normally just slide my arm in the sleeve of my monitor without adjusting the Velcro.

Well, yesterday I had to re adjust the sleeve because it was too loose in my arm :D

It definitely counts!

5 hours ago, LaTiaV said:

This definitely counts. Yay for you.