Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Weirdest None-Scale-Victory - I'll go first

My First NSV. I went to the hairdressers at 50 pounds lighter and thought she had bought new chairs because I had so much room in them. Deep joy

Ran my first 5K on Saturday, and while it took almost an hour, I actually ran the whole way. It was amazing. When I started getting tired, I just remembered when I first started and how I died just running a minute, but now I ran for 55 minutes!

Also... came out of the shower this morning, and realized I could actually wrap the towel around me without that wedge of skin showing!!

18 hours ago, njlimmer said:

Ran my first 5K on Saturday, and while it took almost an hour, I actually ran the whole way. It was amazing. When I started getting tired, I just remembered when I first started and how I died just running a minute, but now I ran for 55 minutes!

Also... came out of the shower this morning, and realized I could actually wrap the towel around me without that wedge of skin showing!!

Got some pics!! Of the race... not the towel wrapping!!

IMG_0157.JPG

IMG_0132.jpg

I have had to take a total of five links out of the band to my watch since Christmas when I got it…I had surgery in September. I’ve lost almost two inches off my WRISTS since December :)

Congrats everyone! I'm 16 days post op from gastric bypass and I can finally fit into the target XXL again. I was plus sized 2x/3x for a while there. Looking forward to XL.

Sent from my SM-G975U using BariatricPal mobile app

20 minutes ago, fourmonthspreop said:

Congrats everyone! I'm 16 days post op from gastric bypass and I can finally fit into the target XXL again. I was plus sized 2x/3x for a while there. Looking forward to XL.

Enjoy this time so much. It's great on the other side, too.

32 minutes ago, fourmonthspreop said:

It gets better and better! I was so excited when I went from a 2x to non-plus sizes and could shop anywhere instead of a few retailers. I am a couple of weeks shy of one year post-op (March 18) and down to my goal. I love clothes shopping now and proudly heading to the size small section! I went from an 18-20 to a 4-6. Enjoy your journey!!!

15 hours ago, fourmonthspreop said:

Congrats....keep trying on smaller clothing...You will be surprised that even though you don't think the weight loss is high enough to move sizes, your body is changing and you are getting smaller in places you do not realize. Your sizes are going to change rapidly. It is exciting to see the clothing sizes drop and extremely motivating.

Tried on American eagle XL top today and it FIT. I was an XXL or 3x if they had it online before there. I know their clothes are roomier but this def makes me happy. Screenshot_20220305-171107_Gallery.jpg

Not sure this qualifies as a "victory" but it's weird!!

I have a movable, interlocking partition wall in my library. You have to fit each piece together, go to the edge of it and PUSH to get the pieces to interlock. I used to be able to push it together will minimal effort. Now, I can't get it together without almost slipping on the carpet and wiping out. Last time, some of the other teachers had to help. I figured out that it's because I have 140lbs less force behind me!

I have been wanting a "Comfy" for a while now since I am cold a lot more than before I lost 200 pounds. I do Aldi pickup a lot and saw they had a knock off for 15 bucks. I ordered it, but when I got it, it was a "junior" for kids. I thought, what the heck, I'll try it on since these things are oversized. And it fits with a lot of room. Lol. Luckily, I'm 5'3" and have t-rex arms, so even the sleeves are long enough for me.

Sent from my Pixel 5a using BariatricPal mobile app

On 10/4/2021 at 4:24 PM, SummerTimeGirl said:

So I have experienced some good NSV's like many of you during these past few months. Stuff like fitting in restaurant booths better, fitting clothes better, not having to worry so much about weight limits on certain things, the car seatbelt not making that dreaded sound cause it was pulled out too far.........lol.......etc. But this weekend I had something else happen that took me by surprise.

So since surgery on May 19th I lost 62 lbs and since March the total is 81 lbsl! Even though those numbers sound good and I can see some changes in me, whenever my husband says stuff like, "Wow, I can't believe how thin you've gotten!" etc. I always reply with how I don't see it and how I still have lots to go. He always says I don't give myself enough credit, etc.

Anyway, this weekend we were out and about and we decided to stop and have lunch and as I approached the restaurant door, I was taken aback by the figure/person I saw in the reflection. It was almost as if I didn't recognize myself for a split second. It was strange. I usually wear my old baggy clothes still but this day I decided to wear leggins that actually fit and were NOT baggy, I had my heel boots on, a nice sweater, etc. I was feeling really good about myself.

Well, the next day we were out again visiting a lake/park. This particular lake has different boat rentals like kayaks, canoes, etc. Things I could never do cause of my weight. So we went inside to inquire and, low and behold, I was actually UNDER the weight limit!!! I was so happy I could barely contain my excitement!! So we walked outside, me in front of my husband, and he again commented on my weight loss and how I've been looking and so I told him to take a few full body pics of me so that I could see what he sees. He took one of the front and back. Now, taking a photo of my whole body has always been a HUGE NO NO and everyone knows it so I was scared to see the results. Well when I looked at the pictures I actually burst into tears!!! It was such an unexpected reaction from me that it caught us both off guard. My husband was asking and hoping they were tears of happiness and I told him YES! That it was the first time in decades that I could actually stomach seeing a photo of myself that I was Ok with.

I cried some more and hubby comforted me and told me how proud he was of how well I was doing and how happy he was that the surgery was finally helping me lose weight when so many things I tried never did. He said he was happy I was getting healthy, that I was off some medication, and my labs were coming back great. He also reaffirmed that my weight was NEVER an issue for him and that he loved me always, no matter how big or small I am and I told him that I always knew that but that it was always an issue for me. Which is why I had the surgery.

I guess it was the combo of the catching a glimpse of myself in the reflection, the better fitting clothes, learning I can now kayak and then seeing myself in the photos that it just really hit me. I have a ways to go still, like I always tell him, but I am FINALLY starting to feel happy with what I am seeing. It feels really good!!

I know this is older, but I am scrolling thru old posts and wanted to tell you this hit me in the feels. My eyes got a little "filled up" at work... Congrats to you! I know this feels great.