Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Weirdest None-Scale-Victory - I'll go first

Today it has been a full month that I haven’t had to get up in the middle of the night to pee!! And no waking up with headaches either.. I was never tested for sleep apnea, but I suspect I had it and it’s gone now! 😁

6 hours ago, Summermoose said:

Today it has been a full month that I haven’t had to get up in the middle of the night to pee!! And no waking up with headaches either.. I was never tested for sleep apnea, but I suspect I had it and it’s gone now! 😁

You might have to get up to pee less because your stomach is pushing less against your bladder. I found this to be true, too. Now I can sometimes sleep through the night, whereas before I was getting up at least twice.

Now I can scratch that spot on my back that I could never reach. Ahhhaaaa........

I have a funny one...

I have lost 155 lb and have a lot of wrinkles. So, I bought some compression pants and shirt. I had to go to Home Depot to buy a few building supplies. I put my sweat pants on over my brand new compression clothes and was walking through the parking lot with an arm load of stuff. And.... My sweatpants fell down to my ankles. Hahaha, I was so embarrassed. Watch out for those slippery compression pants when your butt is flat as a pancake. 😂😂😂

I've had to sew up the side seams of my underwear and swimwear because they are too big and I don't want to buy new ones at this stage of my journey.

I was at a CVS and the automatic doors got stuck half open/half closed. I was able to fit through to get in. I would not have been able to even a year ago. I had gotten down to 141 pounds for a long time then became an alcoholic and gained back 40 pounds. 1 year ago I went to rehab and have been sober since. I have lost 52 pounds so am down to 135.4 pounds. My lowest since the WLS. My surgeon's goal weight was 135. I want to be at 125 I think.

Have a mixed NSV from today! I'm 5 weeks out, and flew Southwest today to visit my parents for the holiday. I paid in advance for the COS extra seat policy, and when I got there I was stopped by a supervisor and told I wasn't big enough to qualify. I'm down 30lbs since surgery and about 45 since I last flew. The downside is that I'm still big enough that people don't exactly look thrilled to have me as a seatmate!

14 hours ago, greenchilegoddess said:

Have a mixed NSV from today! I'm 5 weeks out, and flew Southwest today to visit my parents for the holiday. I paid in advance for the COS extra seat policy, and when I got there I was stopped by a supervisor and told I wasn't big enough to qualify. I'm down 30lbs since surgery and about 45 since I last flew. The downside is that I'm still big enough that people don't exactly look thrilled to have me as a seatmate!

Can you tell us your weight & height? I always get an extra seat on SW. did you need an extender? I’ve been wondering about this.

6 hours ago, OutdoorsGirl said:

Can you tell us your weight & height? I always get an extra seat on SW. did you need an extender? I’ve been wondering about this.

Yeah! I'm 5'7 and 285 pounds at the moment, wearing an Old Navy size 22 in jeans. I've lost a lot of belly fat, but my thighs definitely still encroach a little under the armrest next to me, and my arms are pretty large so there can be a problem there too when flying.

realizing that I no longer have "sausage toes" there are actually spaces between them and looking long and skinny...LOL

On 11/23/2021 at 10:03 PM, greenchilegoddess said:

Have a mixed NSV from today! I'm 5 weeks out, and flew Southwest today to visit my parents for the holiday. I paid in advance for the COS extra seat policy, and when I got there I was stopped by a supervisor and told I wasn't big enough to qualify.

Oh heck no! I want to be a skinny person, not fly like one! 😟

My NSV is I can fit in a Miata now.

On 11/16/2021 at 7:01 AM, Rebekah64 said:

Slightly inappropriate but seeing my vagina much better without the excess hip and thigh fat. 🤣

Lol, this is one of my fav NSVs too. I'll take the TMI a little further even (because if we can't do this here then where else?) and share that I can't get over being able to see between my thighs when I sit down, that there is "space" and a visible kitty cat. lol!!

Back with more NSVs and LOVING reading all of yours. Here we go:

1. I am fitting into the smallest "skinny pants" I bought back in June. When I bought them I couldn't get the zipper even close, but today I am wearing them.
  2. My mom is at my house rehabbing and I am giving her a lot of intensive round-the-clock physical care. There is no way I could have done this without the weight loss I've had.
  3. I have so much collarbone and a lovely visible jawline. I can't stop looking at them every time I pass a mirror.
  4. Space between my toes.
  5. I can cross my arms across my waist and still fold forward, in fact it turns out that without a big belly in the way this is a very comfortable position.
  6. I can also cross my legs or sit on the floor in a resting position with one leg comfortably crooked up into a bend.
  7. my balance, it is so much better.

In February, I bought a nice water-resistant jacket on Amazon. When I bought it, it was TIGHT on me. I could zip it and wear it, but I had no room to move in my shoulders/upper back.

When the cold weather hit us last week, I went to put it on and I looked like a teenager trying to wear his dad's jacket. I was drowning in it -- I knew I had lost weight, but that was one of the first times where it really hit me how much smaller I had gotten.

Edited by Splenda