Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Weirdest None-Scale-Victory - I'll go first

On 10/20/2021 at 09:16, ms.sss said:

Went for a tattoo consult this morning and the guy said I had a “very lovely” back. Well, that’s a first 🤷🏻‍♀️

Oohhh! Do tell what kind of tat you’re planning on! I’ve been contemplating another for a long while, but still haven’t decided.

2 hours ago, ms.sss said:

Went for a tattoo consult this morning and the guy said I had a “very lovely” back. Well, that’s a first 🤷🏻‍♀️

Excited to see what kind of ink you're getting! Pics please!

I love not seeing my cheeks in my peripheral vision anymore! 😀

5 hours ago, kristieshannon said:

Oohhh! Do tell what kind of tat you’re planning on! I’ve been contemplating another for a long while, but still haven’t decided.

4 hours ago, slimbunny said:

Excited to see what kind of ink you're getting! Pics please!

LOL, Im looking to get a tattoo in the style of the pic on the left: black fine-line florals with a pinky-reddish fill throughout…but the placement will be just on my upper back and side torso (to also camouflage my side boob PS scar…it totally shows on my right side when i’m wearing a bikini top)

The Kid is actually in the process of drawing the final image…with specific flower types (mine, and each of the fam’s fave flower) and less leaves.

So on the pic on the right - if u zoom in on the top arrow - you can see where the Kid drew some rudimentary flowers on my back to show how big its going to be, sort of. After the consult today its likely going to be bigger.

(the bottom arrow points to a teeny tattoo i got as a teenager of a sad little daisy. It actually moved up higher on my hip after my Tummy Tuck, lol)

Next appt for drawing finalization is in December, then the actual tattooing will be scheduled. Can’t wait!

6 hours ago, ms.sss said:

LOL, Im looking to get a tattoo in the style of the pic on the left: black fine-line florals with a pinky-reddish fill throughout…but the placement will be just on my upper back and side torso (to also camouflage my side boob PS scar…it totally shows on my right side when i’m wearing a bikini top)

The Kid is actually in the process of drawing the final image…with specific flower types (mine, and each of the fam’s fave flower) and less leaves.

So on the pic on the right - if u zoom in on the top arrow - you can see where the Kid drew some rudimentary flowers on my back to show how big its going to be, sort of. After the consult today its likely going to be bigger.

(the bottom arrow points to a teeny tattoo i got as a teenager of a sad little daisy. It actually moved up higher on my hip after my Tummy Tuck, lol)

Next appt for drawing finalization is in December, then the actual tattooing will be scheduled. Can’t wait!

Nice! I'm dying to get my second sleeve done, but I'm making myself wait til next year.

On 10/19/2021 at 6:34 PM, vikingbeast said:

I got over the corral fence without heaving and having to stop and readjust my center of gravity... just went up and over.

what is a corral fence?

19 minutes ago, LilaNicole20 said:

what is a corral fence?

A corral is an animal pen usually made of metal or wood fencing. It's easier to show you than to explain it—it's the thing on the left in the photo. (The cattle, by the way, are outside the corral in the picture—the hay is inside the corral, which is why the cattle are right next to the corral. LOL.)

And if you aren't near a gate in the corral, you go up and over the corral fence to get into or out of the corral. But when I was much fatter, I had to go up and wait for my center of gravity to settle before I could swing my legs up and jump down the other side.

corral.jpg

2 hours ago, vikingbeast said:

A corral is an animal pen usually made of metal or wood fencing. It's easier to show you than to explain it—it's the thing on the left in the photo. (The cattle, by the way, are outside the corral in the picture—the hay is inside the corral, which is why the cattle are right next to the corral. LOL.)

And if you aren't near a gate in the corral, you go up and over the corral fence to get into or out of the corral. But when I was much fatter, I had to go up and wait for my center of gravity to settle before I could swing my legs up and jump down the other side.

corral.jpg

Thank you for explaining this! Congrats on your weight loss and new improved maneuverability!!

Edited by LilaNicole20

I fly A LOT for work. Because I fly so often, I'm usually upgraded to business class, but when I'm not, I couldn't work because I couldn't put the tray table down well enough to put my laptop down and see the screen. Yesterday I wasn't upgraded on my 5 hour flight so I assumed I wouldn't get any work done, but I was able to put down the tray table AND pull it towards me so I had no trouble seeing the screen. Also, plenty of room in the seat (and the seat next to me was empty to boot! I worked for several hours until I went cross-eyed from the boring work and took a nap.

4 hours ago, lizonaplane said:

I fly A LOT for work. Because I fly so often, I'm usually upgraded to business class, but when I'm not, I couldn't work because I couldn't put the tray table down well enough to put my laptop down and see the screen. Yesterday I wasn't upgraded on my 5 hour flight so I assumed I wouldn't get any work done, but I was able to put down the tray table AND pull it towards me so I had no trouble seeing the screen. Also, plenty of room in the seat (and the seat next to me was empty to boot! I worked for several hours until I went cross-eyed from the boring work and took a nap.

This makes me so happy. I have a whole list of goals written on my white board (in purple marker, hence their name as Purple Goals) and one of my Purple Goals is no seatbelt extender and being able to put the tray all the way down. I usually try to fly up front, but I might take a short flight (maybe to Sacramento) to see whether I have achieved my Purple Goal.

I won't ever fit in the seat, of course, because I still have Atlas shoulders, but the seatbelt and tray table thing is possible. :)

No more sleep apnea!! I used to wake up 3-4 times a night to pee. Turns out that's a symptom of sleep apnea. I was so tired all the time, falling asleep at the wheel when driving and falling asleep at work. I thought I was having incontinence issues but nope, it was my body fat crushing my windpipe in my sleep. Now I sleep like a rock and it's great. I'm so much more well rested and have much more energy. No more falling asleep everywhere!!!

Edited by lbugher

21 hours ago, vikingbeast said:

This makes me so happy. I have a whole list of goals written on my white board (in purple marker, hence their name as Purple Goals) and one of my Purple Goals is no seatbelt extender and being able to put the tray all the way down. I usually try to fly up front, but I might take a short flight (maybe to Sacramento) to see whether I have achieved my Purple Goal.

I won't ever fit in the seat, of course, because I still have Atlas shoulders, but the seatbelt and tray table thing is possible. :)

My brother is 6'2" and built like a linebacker. He's overweight (probably qualifies for surgery, but I wouldn't bring it up with him; not my place). He fits in a standard airplane seatbelt but is uncomfortable because of the length of his legs and the width of his shoulders. Still, he managed to fly coach from Philadelphia to Australia and live to tell the tale. He was pretty miserable, but the trip was worth it. Even my sister-in-law was miserable in coach, and she's average sized. Everyone is miserable when it takes 21 hours of flying! I was upgraded on the way there but not on the way back. While the upgrade made a huge difference, I wouldn't have paid $10,000 for it. Even though it was a lay flat bed seat.

You'll get to your purple goals; it is so worth it!

I've had lay-flat seats... but my shoulders are too broad to lay in them, even at a lighter weight. :(

2 minutes ago, vikingbeast said:

I've had lay-flat seats... but my shoulders are too broad to lay in them, even at a lighter weight. :(

Recently I've had a few that were a bit too short even for me, and I'm only 5'3"! As it is, I have to tuck myself in pretty well, so I'm not surprised they are too narrow for others. Well, I'm sure losing weight will make you more comfortable on planes in some ways at least!

On the recent flight I just assumed it must be a newer plane that had bigger seats and seatbelts to accommodate growing American bodies, but then I realized that I had lost a lot of weight since the last time I flew coach (but having said that, airplanes DO vary a lot in the size/dimensions of seats and length of seatbelts. At my heaviest, I was able to just squeeze into some seatbelts but needed extenders on others.)

Buying a size large shirt when it was 2x not that long ago, and feeling pain free when I walk down the stairs in the morning!