Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Weirdest None-Scale-Victory - I'll go first

Not sure what to think about this but before WLS, my eyelids were always puffy and I thought maybe someday, I would get an eye lift to open up my eyes more. 71lbs later, my eye lids are no longer puffy and my eyes look open and bright! Lashes are easy to curl and makeup goes on with no issues!!

Guess if our feet can lose weight, so can our eye lids!! 😁

Edited by Luna Girl

10 hours ago, Aleggs40 said:

I’m a month post op and I can see my girl parts again from my stomach shrinking… Hey there hey

I just noticed this this morning lying in bed! I was confused for a second.

I had my Interstim (bladder pacemaker) removed yesterday. Most all of my weight was in my belly and breasts, by losing the weight my urgency is manageable. Not to mention the Interstim was becoming painful due to the weight loss when sitting down.

I would do the gastric bypass again, no doubt! I should have done it earlier. ☺️

So this is a truly random one... my eyebags have gone. Like almost completely. I'm not sure if it's because I'm sleeping better, or because my face skin is "pulling" differently, and I really was not expecting that as an NSV, but I will 100% take it!

Edited by vikingbeast

On 10/8/2021 at 12:13 PM, Luna Girl said:

Not sure what to think about this but before WLS, my eyelids were always puffy and I thought maybe someday, I would get an eye lift to open up my eyes more. 71lbs later, my eye lids are no longer puffy and my eyes look open and bright! Lashes are easy to curl and makeup goes on with no issues!!

Guess if our feet can lose weight, so can our eye lids!! 😁

It happened to me too. I had heavy hooded eyelids & now when I put eyeshadow you can actually see it. Plus when I put on eyeliner & mascara it doesn’t end up on my droopy heavy eyelids. Whoo hoo!!

7 hours ago, Arabesque said:

It happened to me too. I had heavy hooded eyelids & now when I put eyeshadow you can actually see it. Plus when I put on eyeliner & mascara it doesn’t end up on my droopy heavy eyelids. Whoo hoo!!

It's the little changes I never expected, along with the obvious health related benefits, that reinforces I did the right thing...even on the days that I have struggled with the emotional impact of having this surgery.

Looking in the mirror after several hrs with makeup on and not looking like a raccoon makes me happy! 😊

Genuine first weird NSV:

Walking outside and experiencing that magical sensation of my undies slowly falling down inside my jeans, which are also slowly falling down. Holding my jeans up by the pockets on my way home, with my undies trying their best to be budget thigh-garters.

Sexy!

I never thought of my feet as fat but I have shrunk somehow and my old shoes no longer fit and had to go down a half size. Very strange.

21 minutes ago, Tony B - NJ said:

I never thought of my feet as fat but I have shrunk somehow and my old shoes no longer fit and had to go down a half size. Very strange.

I’m down two shoe sizes and no longer wide width. Wish I hadn’t donated all my old shoes. I have none that fit now!

1 minute ago, HeatherE said:

I’m down two shoe sizes and no longer wide width. Wish I hadn’t donated all my old shoes. I have none that fit now!

That is what I was thinking about all my old clothes!! I had so many pairs of pants that I thought I would never fit in again and donated them to the Church. Now, I wish I had them all back because it is costing me a fortune for new clothes that I am probably going to not fit in after a couple months.

6 hours ago, Smanky said:

Genuine first weird NSV:

Walking outside and experiencing that magical sensation of my undies slowly falling down inside my jeans, which are also slowly falling down. Holding my jeans up by the pockets on my way home, with my undies trying their best to be budget thigh-garters.

Sexy!

Hysterical! I know the feeling! I was waiting until I finished losing weight to buy new panties, but down over 90 pounds, the saggy ones weren’t working. I also donated my size 18 jeans and was sooo excited to squeeze into a size 4 that ran big!!!

3 minutes ago, Tony B - NJ said:

That is what I was thinking about all my old clothes!! I had so many pairs of pants that I thought I would never fit in again and donated them to the Church. Now, I wish I had them all back because it is costing me a fortune for new clothes that I am probably going to not fit in after a couple months.

Exactly!!!!