Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Weirdest None-Scale-Victory - I'll go first

I just realized I can walk upstairs carrying something. I was bringing an end table up from our basement and I walked up carrying it without having to stop or hold on. For years now I would have to prop the item on each step to get it upstairs because I could not go upstairs without holding on, AND I couldn't alternate legs going upstairs. I feel so normal now. It's surreal sometimes!

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using BariatricPal mobile app

On 4/23/2021 at 9:51 PM, ColoRad Gal said:

I can cross my legs and I don’t have to hold them with my hands to keep them crossed!!! 😁😁😁

I just tried this. It worked

Yesterday I was hanging out talking to my husband in the front yard while he trimmed the palm trees and later he said to me that it’s funny that I am so oblivious to it but just about every guy that went by was checking me out. I said it’s probably the neighbors wanting to know if you traded me in for another woman since I lost so much so quickly and he said don’t sell yourself short, your hot. It’s also our 20th anniversary this week so thats nice to hear once in a while.

30 minutes ago, ShoppGirl said:

Yesterday I was hanging out talking to my husband in the front yard while he trimmed the palm trees and later he said to me that it’s funny that I am so oblivious to it but just about every guy that went by was checking me out. I said it’s probably the neighbors wanting to know if you traded me in for another woman since I lost so much so quickly and he said don’t sell yourself short, your hot. It’s also our 20th anniversary this week so thats nice to hear once in a while.

This made me cry happy tears! I’m so happy for you! I can’t wait to be there

I can stand in the shower longer and totally thought my non slip mat (it looks like river rocks kinda) was crappy because it always punched my feet and hurt. I just randomly realized today that it doesn’t hurt nor pinch anymore! So it was my weight making that happen not the mat!

I lost so much weight in my butt that I now drive the car like a little old lady peering over the top of the wheel. It’s set at the lowest setting!

6 hours ago, ShoppGirl said:

I keep telling my fiancé I'm gonna be his arm candy. This gives me hope that it'll be true. :)

When I went for my mammogram a couple of weeks ago, the robe they gave me (one size fits most) was just swimming on me. I looked like a kid trying on my mom’s robe. It was such a nice change to not worry about something like that fitting!

I was at the vet with my mom's dog (my mom is in the hospital), and they had a t shirt that said "I kissed a dog and I liked it" for sale. I went to buy one and they only had 2 or 3x. I would have been too big for either of those sizes last year. Now they are way too big for me! I was disappointed I couldn't get the shirt, but I have never had it happen where I couldn't find one because it was too big!

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using BariatricPal mobile app

5 hours ago, Crick said:

When I went for my mammogram a couple of weeks ago, the robe they gave me (one size fits most) was just swimming on me. I looked like a kid trying on my mom’s robe. It was such a nice change to not worry about something like that fitting!

Had a similar experience at my beauty therapist. Did up the snap clips on the wrap around robe & it literally fell down. Had to get one with velcro so I could wrap it far enough around it would stay up. Aaah, skinny b*tch problems. Who’d have thunk it. 😁

22 hours ago, Arabesque said:

Aaah, skinny b*tch problems.

Love This!! 😂

On 8/24/2021 at 12:55 PM, Tony B - NJ said:
On 4/23/2021 at 8:51 PM, ColoRad Gal said:

I can cross my legs and I don’t have to hold them with my hands to keep them crossed!!! 😁😁😁

I just tried this. It worked

I just did this too. I was sitting down and didn’t realize it until I looked down. My legs are crossed without any issues!

I'm pre-op but have lost 17 lbs. since I started seriously considering this process (and 34 from my high)... today I had to park in a somewhat tight spot, and only had to open my truck door one "bump" to get out. Surgery is in exactly week... I can't wait.