Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Weirdest None-Scale-Victory - I'll go first

surfing. Me???? A late 40’s, formerly morbidly obese lady??? Yes [emoji51][emoji2100]
60A13656-A5A0-4658-B6E3-EE1F86A9E290.thumb.jpeg.b47923e4264f8eb4780f46a3bc82d31e.jpeg
Omg that's my DREAM to take a surfing lesson in Hawaii. The first time I went I was 6 months pregnant. The 2nd time I was almost 400 pounds, so I never was able. I plan on going back to Hawaii again, and I WILL do it. I turn 50 Monday, and I don't know when I will get back there but I don't care how old I am, I have to take a surfing lesson!
Congratulations on such an amazing NSV! So awesome!

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using BariatricPal mobile app

1 minute ago, STLoser said:

Omg that's my DREAM to take a surfing lesson in Hawaii. … I plan on going back to Hawaii again, and I WILL do it. I turn 50 Monday, and I don't know when I will get back there but I don't care how old I am, I have to take a surfing lesson!

Happy birthday for Monday @STLoser. Hope your dream comes true soon. Book the ticket soon.

I can cross my legs and I don’t have to hold them with my hands to keep them crossed!!! [emoji16][emoji16][emoji16]
Yes!! I was riding in my husband's truck and went to get out and almost face planted [emoji1787][emoji1787] my legs were crossed i didn't even know I could do that [emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji2368]

Sent from my SM-G960U using BariatricPal mobile app

11 hours ago, STLoser said:

Omg that's my DREAM to take a surfing lesson in Hawaii. The first time I went I was 6 months pregnant. The 2nd time I was almost 400 pounds, so I never was able. I plan on going back to Hawaii again, and I WILL do it. I turn 50 Monday, and I don't know when I will get back there but I don't care how old I am, I have to take a surfing lesson!
Congratulations on such an amazing NSV! So awesome!

Well, I guess I am proof your dream is readily obtainable! 10+ years ago Husband and I were on Maui. Husband wanted to take a surf lesson. I passed, partly because of my size/lack of fitness, and partly because it just wasn’t important to me (cost of activities add up quick). This trip, Husband stayed home, but I was trying to do lots of fun stuff with my niece and nephew. We did SUP one day, and the shop said we should try surfing as well. Kids were game so I signed us up. Thanks to an awesome coach, we were all standing up and riding waves on the first try. Shockingly, I was better at it than either of the kids and I loved it. Basically, I now want to move to Maui and become a middle aged surf bum 🤣🤣🤣 Maybe you want to join me??😂

I think this is a great goal for you, @STLoser! 🏄‍♀️🏄‍♀️🏄‍♀️🏄‍♀️

PS. Happy birthday to you! 🎂🥳

Edited by WishMeSmaller

Well, I guess I am proof your dream is readily obtainable! 10+ years ago Husband and I were on Maui. Husband wanted to take a surf lesson. I passed, partly because of my size/lack of fitness, and partly because it just wasn’t important to me (cost of activities add up quick). This trip, Husband stayed home, but I was trying to do lots of fun stuff with my niece and nephew. We did SUP one day, and the shop said we should try surfing as well. Kids were game so I signed us up. Thanks to an awesome coach, we were all standing up and riding waves on the first try. Shockingly, I was better at it than either of the kids and I loved it. Basically, I now want to move to Maui and become a middle aged surf bum [emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787] Maybe you want to join me??[emoji23]
I think this is a great goal for you, [mention=385446]STLoser[/mention]! [emoji2100][emoji2100][emoji2100][emoji2100]

PS. Happy birthday to you! [emoji512][emoji3060]
Omg I love this story! That's so awesome that you did so well at it. I actually showed my husband your post, because I have been talking about surfing a lot with it being in the Olympics this year. I keep saying I need to watch and get pointers since I'm an aspiring surfer. [emoji23]
You've definitely given me hope that my dream could be a reality.
Living on Maui and being a surf bum sounds like the life! I'm game! Let's do it!

Well, I guess I am proof your dream is readily obtainable! 10+ years ago Husband and I were on Maui. Husband wanted to take a surf lesson. I passed, partly because of my size/lack of fitness, and partly because it just wasn’t important to me (cost of activities add up quick). This trip, Husband stayed home, but I was trying to do lots of fun stuff with my niece and nephew. We did SUP one day, and the shop said we should try surfing as well. Kids were game so I signed us up. Thanks to an awesome coach, we were all standing up and riding waves on the first try. Shockingly, I was better at it than either of the kids and I loved it. Basically, I now want to move to Maui and become a middle aged surf bum [emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787] Maybe you want to join me??[emoji23]
I think this is a great goal for you, [mention=385446]STLoser[/mention]! [emoji2100][emoji2100][emoji2100][emoji2100]

PS. Happy birthday to you! [emoji512][emoji3060]
Also, thanks for the birthday wishes! [emoji4]

Seeing my face smaller in my DL photo 📸

On 4/17/2021 at 1:26 PM, Jnfinney said:

Wiping my own butt without breaking my back trying to reach 🤦🏼‍♀️

OMG I CAN NOT WAIT, That is my biggest thing! I have a bad back and it hurts every time!!! Thanks for this motivation!

On 4/17/2021 at 4:26 PM, Jnfinney said:

Wiping my own butt without breaking my back trying to reach 🤦🏼‍♀️

I am with you on that! I'm only 40 pounds down and noticed it was a lot easier already! I can't wait for more progress!

Today I was able to open the gas tank door lever on my car without opening my door or undoing my seatbelt!! I just bent over in my seat like an average sized person!

Today I took out my size 12 jeans and some of them fit. I am officially out of plus size and Into NORMAL sizes. Woo hoo!!

It’s funny how I still find myself doing something & suddenly realise there was no way I would have been able to do it before surgery. Yesterday I was standing in one leg undoing my laces to take my shoes off. Not sitting & not heaving up my leg to try to reach the laces. Just standing on one leg with the other leg raised by itself & being able to balance & reach to undo the lace without even thinking about it. Even after two years you still discover little nsv.

I'm back with some new NSV. One of these gets me right in the feels.

1. Comfortably sitting with my legs crossed, arms folded across my belly. This does not get old.
  2. One of you mentioned being able to see willy, well....female equivalent is being able to see kitty. Sitting up, lying down she is visible! 😸
  3. Last weekend I had an auntie day with my 7-year-old niece. She loves to run and asked me if I would race her. The look on her face when I said sure! She looked completely shocked then so delighted. We ran three races, she won them all (for real - the kid is fast) and her delight in play racing me was priceless. Had to blink back the tears a bit because it meant so much to her that her auntie was running and playing with her in a way I couldn't just a few months ago.