Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Weirdest None-Scale-Victory - I'll go first

3 minutes ago, HeatherE said:

Love it! My son told me I looked stylish yesterday and my husband said I looked svelte. I was not stylish in my plus clothes.

Kids say the funniest, cruelest, and most sweet things sometimes haha. I always ask my daughters opinion on outfits because 4 year olds are brutally honest and my sons would lie to make me feel better Haha 😄

A few years back my (then) 3 year old son would go crazy every time this ad for a local weight loss clinic came on TV and yell “mama, mama, mama!” When the before weight loss woman was shown. Sigh. He was honestly excited to see “mama” on TV.

I overheard my sons baseball team (bunch of 12 year old boys) saying “wow, your mom looks great! She’s so healthy now!” The fact that they noticed says a lot

Being able to give myself a pedicure for the 1st time in over 15 yrs.

Getting in and out of the shower without having to hold on to something because I would be afraid of falling down.

Walking around without being out of breath and having to sit down somewhere to rest.

Being able to do housework and keeping my house clean.

18 hours ago, NYJenn said:

I overheard my sons baseball team (bunch of 12 year old boys) saying “wow, your mom looks great! She’s so healthy now!” The fact that they noticed says a lot

few years back.... I guess I was about 46ish or 47ish.... and going through a divorce. I was asked out by my youngest son's friends.... Who were 20 years younger.... hehehehe

One night i found myself in a strip club with my oldest son's best friends dad (i went there with) on my right and my youngest son's father on the left (who's huge in the church)..... could not make this up

I am almost 2 weeks from surgery (5/10) but between the 2 week pre-op and liquids since surgery, I can finally feel comfortable wearing a shirt that does NOT cover my butt!

On 5/20/2021 at 8:25 AM, BulletWithButterflyWings said:

My 4 year old daughter not running up to me jiggling my belly and yelling "LOOK AT THE WAVESSSSS" instead she said "Look mommy it doesn't make waves no more" lmfao

OMG - kids will for sure tell you the truth! My little niece used to, with awe and unconditional love in her voice, tell me "auntie, you have the biggest belly and bum in the whole family!" TO her bigger is better, so it was a compliment...ROTFL

New NSVs!

1. I now fit into all the clothes I stashed away after getting too big for them.
  2. I tried on my wedding dress yesterday - and it fit me!
  3. Here is the weird one: I can see my thigh "saddle bags" that used to bother me so much. I love them now because they are a symbol of my body taking shape now that they are no longer blending into and being covered by other extra fat.

I've been at the beach with my family this week and for the first time in a very long time, I'm comfortable walking around without a shirt on. Also, I'm really close to losing 100 lbs, so I thought I'd take this chance to kick up my walking routing up a notch. I've been walking about 25k steps a day, and after 4 days of this, I woke up this morning feeling my abs when I touched my belly. I'm eager to weigh when I get back home- I think I'm close.

On 5/21/2021 at 4:48 PM, billho said:

I'm really close to losing 100 lbs, ... think I'm close.

184.4 (goal of 184.0) so I'm .4 away. Almost there. Got a little more work to do this week.

12 hours ago, billho said:

184.4 (goal of 184.0) so I'm .4 away. Almost there. Got a little more work to do this week.

congrats!!!! I saw your pics in another thread - inspirational! You look great and I bet you are feeling great!

Going to the beach and finally removing my coverup/moo moo/ 3XL tee shirt and just wearing a bathing suit like everyone else!

oh my goodness - yesterday was a big NSV for me - I went on a 10 mile bike ride! I still can't believe I rode that far! My legs were jelly at the end and I am sore today, but it was soooooo fun! Being on my bike makes me feel like a happy kid.