Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Weirdest None-Scale-Victory - I'll go first

...and easily finding the end of ur tampon string just hanging there, plain as day [emoji16]
Being able to actually INSERT a tampon.. I couldn't even use them at all at my high weight. It was physically impossible to reach!

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using BariatricPal mobile app

1. Went to a baseball game and easily fit into the stadium seat without bruising my hips. Never used to stand up and cheer because, by the end of the game, it hurt too much.

2. Now instead of wondering if something makes me look fat, I have to wonder if it will stay up or if it's time to go in the donate pile. Went through 3 pairs of jeans the other day...oh the struggle ;)

3. Bought a large t-shirt as my gauge for my next size... you know thinking I'd be into maybe in a couple of months. It fit! Like I can go out in public in it FIT!

4. Having so much more energy!!

Now, I must say, I'm still 250 pounds, so I have at least 60 or 70 pounds to go to get to goal and actually more than that to not be considered overweight for my height, but I was almost 400 pounds, so this a huge difference and I'm feeling amazing.
My wedding dress is a size 24. I got married in 2006, and I have not been able to fit into it since 2010. It is now too big! I had to get something notarized the other day and when I got out my driver's license I noticed my weight said 350 and realized I am 100 pounds less than that weight now, which was a lie anyway. Lol That is an amazing feeling. I have never, ever weighed less than what my drivers license said. Even back when I weighed around 150 I never thought I was thin enough and always lied. When I renew it, I will tell the truth, because I accept myself now at any weight. It's been a long journey to get to that point.
I got a new dress the other day and thought it needed a belt and the only one I had was from my highest weight and I can wrap it around me twice. It's crazy!
This might be dumb, and maybe tmi for some, but my belly was so big before I couldn't use a squatty potty, and now I can. I just bought one and it really helps with my Constipation. Lol

On 4/17/2021 at 3:15 PM, ShoppGirl said:

Idk about weird but it was surprising when the towel fit around me again without a gap.

I am not there yet!

On 4/17/2021 at 3:26 PM, Jnfinney said:

Wiping my own butt without breaking my back trying to reach 🤦🏼‍♀️

LMAO!!!

@Tim C 😂😂 just being honest!!! That’s something I can’t tell people in my life because they wouldn’t understand!!

I cannot wait until I can look down and see my feet. i just never been able to do that since i was young.

But i can fit into chair without filling like im stuffing myself now.

4 hours ago, njlimmer said:

It fit! Like I can go out in public in it FIT!

This is so real! For a long time I have lived with these versions of "it fits" in my wardrobe

1. It fits, like I can go out in public fits!
  2. It fits, like I can go out in public fits but only if I wear a layer over it or it goes under a long tunic
  3. It fits, but only for wearing around the house where no one can see my bulging rolls/gut/boobs/butt
  4. It fits, if I can manage to lose 5 pounds.
  5. It ...f**k its not even close to fitting.

Edited by chiquitatummy

2 hours ago, STLoser said:

I have never, ever weighed less than what my drivers license said. Even back when I weighed around 150 I never thought I was thin enough and always lied. When I renew it, I will tell the truth, because I accept myself now at any weight. It's been a long journey to get to that point.

This got me in the feels, actually made me tear up feeling happy for you. Congratulations on this, you have obviously been doing the internal self love and acceptance part of this journey. That is a solid NSV!

This got me in the feels, actually made me tear up feeling happy for you. Congratulations on this, you have obviously been doing the internal self love and acceptance part of this journey. That is a solid NSV!
Thank you so much. This is probably the best NSV ever for me, because it did take a long time to get to that point of self love and acceptance. I actually reached that before I started my wls journey and it's really so important because I don't think I couldn't have gotten here if I hadn't gotten there first. When I think about my younger self who hated herself for "only" being able to get to 150 and not being thin enough it makes me sad about all the time I missed out on loving myself and living life. It's a freeing feeling. It's never too late though!
I'm proud of how far I've come emotionally.. That's really the hardest part!

Today I just realized that I haven’t had a headache since I was a few days post op. This is AMAZING to me because I typically got headaches 3-4 times a week before surgery. I’m not sure what it is that has helped my headaches, but I’m sure glad!

10 minutes ago, Jnfinney said:

Today I just realized that I haven’t had a headache since I was a few days post op. This is AMAZING to me because I typically got headaches 3-4 times a week before surgery. I’m not sure what it is that has helped my headaches, but I’m sure glad!

agreed! I've had chronic headaches most of my adult life. I don't anymore. It's amazing!