Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Sending off to insurance tomorrow....

Super nervous. My coordinator said I should hear no later than May 3!!! I AM VERY STRESSED OUT. I met all the requirements, I'm just worried they'll find some dumb little thing....

19 minutes ago, muala94 said:

Super nervous. My coordinator said I should hear no later than May 3!!! I AM VERY STRESSED OUT. I met all the requirements, I'm just worried they'll find some dumb little thing....

Good Luck to you. I was more stressed out waiting for the insurance to be approved than I am about the actual surgery next week! Crossing my fingers you hear positive news soon!🤞

Best of luck!! My doc submitted last week and we already got word today that it's approved. Hopefully you hear back quickly too.

Good luck! I hope that the approval comes through fast.

I too am waiting on insurance approval. It's been 2.5 weeks since my surgeons office said they were submitting, I just called the insurance office and learnt they had not submitted anything. Very frustrating! Make sure to check up if you don't hear anything in a couple of weeks.

16 hours ago, muala94 said:

You will probably her back sooner! No reason to worry or stress...This will happen.

thanks y'all! @ChunkyCali that's so frustrating. so glad you followed up with them. hope it gets resolved soon!

Good luck! I hope that the approval comes through fast.
I too am waiting on insurance approval. It's been 2.5 weeks since my surgeons office said they were submitting, I just called the insurance office and learnt they had not submitted anything. Very frustrating! Make sure to check up if you don't hear anything in a couple of weeks.
I ran into the same thing with my surgeons office. I checked in a month after it was suppose to be submitted to find they hadn't submitted it at all. I finally got my approval but now waiting on the scheduling nurse to call and schedule the surgery

Sent from my SM-N960U using BariatricPal mobile app

1 hour ago, jlwicklund said:

I ran into the same thing with my surgeons office. I checked in a month after it was suppose to be submitted to find they hadn't submitted it at all. I finally got my approval but now waiting on the scheduling nurse to call and schedule the surgery

Argh, how frustrating for you!

I suppose that they can't even imagine how it feels to have spent the past few months, planning, waiting, researching, waiting... getting through all those hoops and hurdles to get to insurance submission and then they just forget about us. Argh!

On a good note my Dr. office called me back after I asked them yesterday 'how are things going', they told me that some papers didn't seem to go through so they resubmitted. I'm tentatively scheduled for May 5, if the approval comes in by Tuesday next week. Yay!

1 hour ago, jlwicklund said:

I would call your scheduling nurse and not wait for them to call you. I did that for several of my steps in this process. My 1st intake appt was March 11 and my surgery is scheduled for Monday, April 19th. The scheduling nurse said it was the quickest turnaround with insurance approval she had ever seen. You have to be your own advocate! And even if they are not able to schedule you when you call, your file [name] is now on their radar. 😊

Ya I spoke with her a few days ago and she said she had a few people ahead of me schedule first and then would get to me. Been at this for 9 months already. I cometed everything required the 4th of Feb. Things were suppose to be put into insurance after that and was not done until the 23 of March and only because I called to check the status

3 hours ago, jlwicklund said:

Ya I spoke with her a few days ago and she said she had a few people ahead of me schedule first and then would get to me. Been at this for 9 months already. I cometed everything required the 4th of Feb. Things were suppose to be put into insurance after that and was not done until the 23 of March and only because I called to check the status

Hope you hear back soon!

Circling back in case anyone has CareFirst in the future (isn't a lot of discussion about them on here). Care First approved my surgery in under 36 hours. So excited!

4 hours ago, muala94 said:

Circling back in case anyone has CareFirst in the future (isn't a lot of discussion about them on here). Care First approved my surgery in under 36 hours. So excited!

4 hours ago, muala94 said:

So glad that they were nice and quick! Yay! When is your surgery date? Will you be in may?

My approval was also quick - once my surgeons office sent through my documents my insurance CA Anthem BCBS approved in 24 hours. I spent months feeling stressed about the insurance process and it went through no problem and quickly!

On 4/19/2021 at 3:51 PM, ChunkyCali said:

So glad that they were nice and quick! Yay! When is your surgery date? Will you be in may?

My approval was also quick - once my surgeons office sent through my documents my insurance CA Anthem BCBS approved in 24 hours. I spent months feeling stressed about the insurance process and it went through no problem and quickly!

That's great I'm so glad it was so fast! Do you have your date yet?

I should be in May. My pre-op appointment is this coming Monday 4/26, and they schedule me at that point. Receptionist told me it's usually 2-4 weeks between the appointment and surgery depending on how long they want me on the liver shrinking diet. Very exciting! :)

I do! May 5th is my date. I think that they felt bad about not having submitted my documentation so they gave me the best date they could! I'm doing the liver shrinking diet for 2 weeks, just started today! Hopefully on Monday they will get you all scheduled in!