Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dumping advice please

I've tried to stick to my diet plan and have considered myself fortunate to have had just 1 or 2 minor dumping episodes since surgery - the worst being when I was sick after eating some restaurant food which must have been (but shouldn't have been) very oily.

Then last Saturday I gave in to temptation and ate a small chocolate bar..... (it was very small - about 85 calories worth). And I paid for it with upset bowels that evening and during the night. So I thought - right, never again, and that'd be the end of it. Except it hasn't been. Every day since I've had the same problem - usually in the evening, but always waking up at about 4am. I haven't eaten any sugary or fatty foods since Saturday - the foods I've been eating are the same ones I've used throughout the whole period since surgery without a problem.

And I don't think it's a stomach bug, because it's weirdly consistent in the times of day I have the problem. I can go all day just fine and then the evening and night - oh dear me.......

Has anybody had a dumping episode which has upset their whole system like this for days on end? Or should I be thinking what I would normally do with d&v, i.e. nothing but clear Water for a day or two?

Any advice welcome! Thanks

Did you start a new Vitamin? Even if it's the same brand but a new bottle it could be a reaction to a filler in it. New medicine like an allergy pill?

9 hours ago, catwoman7 said:

no. they can go on for a couple of hours, but not days. There's something else going on.

Thank you - that's very helpful. Have to think what it might be.

9 hours ago, 2Bsmaller18 said:

Did you start a new Vitamin? Even if it's the same brand but a new bottle it could be a reaction to a filler in it. New medicine like an allergy pill?

I did change the dose of an existing medication - I hadn't thought of that. Thanks!

Yes I did have something similar. I would have several bm during the day but the middle of the night and early morning was the worst! For me it was my Vitamins. They had a lot of sugar alcohol in them. I switch everything over a capsule and the problem has been solved.

Thank you! I think I'm going to have to look at everything I take/eat again.