Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

7 minutes ago, JazzyJess20 said:

Still haven't budged much. I've only lost 4lbs in the last six days, as oppose to the 2lbs I was dropping a day for the first 2 weeks. I've been the same weight for the last 3 days. :( I got really depressed this morning. I feel like I have and am sacrificing too much to be experiencing this right now.

the infamous three week stall. Happens to probably 99% of us. Stick to your plan and stay off your scale for a few days. Your weight loss WILL start up again.

2 hours ago, JazzyJess20 said:

Still haven't budged much. I've only lost 4lbs in the last six days, as oppose to the 2lbs I was dropping a day for the first 2 weeks. I've been the same weight for the last 3 days. :( I got really depressed this morning. I feel like I have and am sacrificing too much to be experiencing this right now.

I don’t want to be the bearer of bad news but it’s not realist to lose 2 ponds a day long term. In the early stages your body is losing Fluid and is in shock so it does on the bright side 4 pounds in a week is fantastic!

it’s super average to lose 2 pounds a week or even less than that in the later stages, so your doing great!!

this isn’t magic, it’s hard work and takes time and effort!!!!! It didn’t come on over night and it takes time to come off :)

7 hours ago, Betty1971 said:

I don’t want to be the bearer of bad news but it’s not realist to lose 2 ponds a day long term. In the early stages your body is losing Fluid and is in shock so it does on the bright side 4 pounds in a week is fantastic!

it’s super average to lose 2 pounds a week or even less than that in the later stages, so your doing great!!

this isn’t magic, it’s hard work and takes time and effort!!!!! It didn’t come on over night and it takes time to come off :)

It doesn't feel like the weight took a while to pack on. I feel like I could gain 2lbs just looking at a cheeseburger.

This "stall" feels horrible and I'm kind of feeling like a fool. To go through surgery and be limiting myself to Water, cottage cheese, tuna, yogurt, ice pops, bland scrambled eggs, etc.....basically absolutely nothing with any real flavor, and be stalled out at 322lbs?

Totally unacceptable. :( :(

17 minutes ago, JazzyJess20 said:

It doesn't feel like the weight took a while to pack on. I feel like I could gain 2lbs just looking at a cheeseburger.

This "stall" feels horrible and I'm kind of feeling like a fool. To go through surgery and be limiting myself to Water, cottage cheese, tuna, yogurt, ice pops, bland scrambled eggs, etc.....basically absolutely nothing with any real flavor, and be stalled out at 322lbs?

unfortunately, you're likely to have several of them throughout your journey. It's part of the process of losing weight. They happen to most of us. BUT...if you stick to your plan, you'll get through them.

On 4/13/2021 at 10:00 PM, catwoman7 said:

unfortunately, you're likely to have several of them throughout your journey. It's part of the process of losing weight. They happen to most of us. BUT...if you stick to your plan, you'll get through them.

This is crazy. I have been yo-yoing between 320 and 321 for the last week+. I KNOW I am not consuming as many calories as I am burning. And I have been walking. And consuming a buttload of Water.

This is why weightloss absolutely sucks for so many people. And can be unbelievably discouraging. The body doesn't go into shutdown mode when you're gaining weight; only when losing.

Edited by JazzyJess20

On 4/13/2021 at 11:11 AM, JazzyJess20 said:

My scale finally moved! Finally lost 5lbs hoping that this is the start of the scale moving again

On 4/13/2021 at 9:41 PM, JazzyJess20 said:

Woah, woah! Who said you had to eat those things “bland”?
Depending on your plan use spices, add a little cheese to your eggs.< br /> Blend your cottage cheese with 1tbsp sugar free preserves to make an almost dessert.
Add root beer flavored packets to vanilla Protein Shakes and freeze until it’s a slushy for a root beer float!
Make a ricotta bake, is practically lasagna without the noodles or meat!!! So good!
Make curried salmon salad using Greek yogurt as the base instead of mayo. Do the same with tuna.
Make some bisque soups! Creamy, filling and full of flavor.

It’s not about sacrifice, it’s about using your tool to get the best results possible. You WILL get to where you need to be in time but it won’t happen overnight. I completely get the frustration of not losing when you want to. I’ve also had feeling of anger that I wouldn’t lost the weight and I’d be obese forever. Then again, I’ve had to do the post-op progression stages 3 separate times just last year but GI surgeries follow the same post-op diet.

You will get there. Just have patience.

7 hours ago, Starwarsandcupcakes said:

Woah, woah! Who said you had to eat those things “bland”?
Depending on your plan use spices, add a little cheese to your eggs.< br /> Blend your cottage cheese with 1tbsp sugar free preserves to make an almost dessert.
Add root beer flavored packets to vanilla Protein Shakes and freeze until it’s a slushy for a root beer float!
Make a ricotta bake, is practically lasagna without the noodles or meat!!! So good!
Make curried salmon salad using Greek yogurt as the base instead of mayo. Do the same with tuna.
Make some bisque soups! Creamy, filling and full of flavor.

It’s not about sacrifice, it’s about using your tool to get the best results possible. You WILL get to where you need to be in time but it won’t happen overnight. I completely get the frustration of not losing when you want to. I’ve also had feeling of anger that I wouldn’t lost the weight and I’d be obese forever. Then again, I’ve had to do the post-op progression stages 3 separate times just last year but GI surgeries follow the same post-op diet.

You will get there. Just have patience.

Wow! Thank you for the advice and encouragement! These are actually really, really good ideas.

I had started to feel very hopeless for a second. I still kind of do. I haven't walked in a few days because I feel like its pointless.

I can admit that I don't consume a lot of veggies. I never have been a vegetable person and I knew this would be an issue. I haven't even tried a salad due to the dressing that I would crave on it, and the fact that I have been warned by my dietician not to consume any raw foods.

But I've been pretty big on the Protein heavy foods. Crab, tuna, turkey...I've had eggs once in the last week...protein shakes. I've only been drinking iced lemon Water. I have eaten some Good Health Sea-Salted Avocado Oil chips (not a lot); small pieces of Avocado toast on Sourdough bread. I tried making a Avocado sauce but I put too much cilantro in it and I didn't like the taste.

I really can't believe that I am not consuming any refined sugar foods, not a lot of carbs, etc. and the scale is just stuck. But I am going to try some of these ideas.

5 hours ago, JazzyJess20 said:

Wow! Thank you for the advice and encouragement! These are actually really, really good ideas.

I had started to feel very hopeless for a second. I still kind of do. I haven't walked in a few days because I feel like its pointless.

I can admit that I don't consume a lot of veggies. I never have been a vegetable person and I knew this would be an issue. I haven't even tried a salad due to the dressing that I would crave on it, and the fact that I have been warned by my dietician not to consume any raw foods.

But I've been pretty big on the Protein heavy foods. Crab, tuna, turkey...I've had eggs once in the last week...protein shakes. I've only been drinking iced lemon Water. I have eaten some Good Health Sea-Salted Avocado Oil chips (not a lot); small pieces of Avocado toast on Sourdough bread. I tried making a Avocado sauce but I put too much cilantro in it and I didn't like the taste.

I really can't believe that I am not consuming any refined sugar foods, not a lot of carbs, etc. and the scale is just stuck. But I am going to try some of these ideas.

Hang in there. I didn’t eat a whole lot of veggies at first either. I didn’t eat raw veggies until almost 3 months post op the first time. Even now I still focus more on Protein but try to have a more well-rounded diet. Some days are better than others. You’ll get there!

On 4/23/2021 at 8:11 AM, oneblessedchild1978 said:

Does exercising stall your weight loss? I am at my 4 month stall.

I hit a long stall after 6 weeks, lasted a month. I changed up my exercise, went from only walking to cycling, rowing machine, elliptical, some running. I also varied my meals and exercise times. Didn't change what I ate, just when. I looked back and was in the same routine, every day, of same supplement or meal, every day. Switched things up and started losing again. I also kept close track of everything I put in my body and every exercise. EVERYTHING - coffee creamer and sweeteners, Protein Shakes, Meal Replacements, Salad Dressing, Water, etc.

3 hours ago, LiteWeight1973 said:

I hit a long stall after 6 weeks, lasted a month. I changed up my exercise, went from only walking to cycling, rowing machine, elliptical, some running. I also varied my meals and exercise times. Didn't change what I ate, just when. I looked back and was in the same routine, every day, of same supplement or meal, every day. Switched things up and started losing again. I also kept close track of everything I put in my body and every exercise. EVERYTHING - coffee creamer and sweeteners, Protein Shakes, Meal Replacements, Salad Dressing, Water, etc.

I really need to start doing this. Keeping track of exactly what I am consuming.

So glad to find this thread! Monday will be two weeks for me. 4/12 surgery and by 4/18, I'd lost 20 pounds! This week, the scale hasn't moved but the tape measure sure has! I was a bit disappointed for a few seconds and then had to remind myself this is a marathon, not a sprint. I'm excited to move to pureed food this week. I haven't had any hunger pains until the last two days!