Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am 12 weeks out Post Op for Gastric Sleeve and ready to LOOSE IT!

Can't eat squat without getting very nauseous and vomiting up what I ate. I feel nauseous from the moment I wake up... with the feeling of wanting to hurl without even eating a thing yet.

I can't drink the stupid Protein Drinks or Water without getting sick.. so I don't. YES... I have had small bites and chewed the hell out of it and yet still... this is like a living hell.

I feel thirsty yet cant keep stuff down.. and weak and dizzy. I don't feel right at all and there seems to be no end in sight for this madness. At week 12 my life should be more normal by now.

My weight loss is about 10 lbs a week which Doc says is slower than he would like.. So I was wondering am I the only one out here in this boat to hell???

I’m sorry you are going through this. What is your surgeon telling you as to why this is happening or what you can do to get past this? What are they doing to help you with your Fluid & food intake (dehydration must be a real concern) or reducing the nausea? What tests have they done? If they haven’t, start demanding something be done.

My Multivitamins used to make me nauseous & I often threw up in the morning but after that I’d be fine. But that’s nothing like you’re going through.

I’m also surprised by your surgeon saying 10lbs a week is slow. It wouldn’t t even be considered slow if you were in excess of 500lbs. At your starting weight it’s a pretty darn fast rate of loss especially at three months out.

I never got that chew, chew, chew thing. Just chew & swallow naturally. At three months you’re fully healed.

I hope you can get some answers & a solution soon. All the best.

Edited by Arabesque

10 lbs a week is slow? Did you mean to say 10 lbs a month? Ten lbs a month is pretty normal. 10 lbs a week would be what I would expect for someone the size of the people on "My 600 lb Life". If you/he meant month, then even 10 lbs a month is not slow, especially given you're what we call a "light weight". After the first month, I lost about 10 lbs a month, and I started out WAY heavier than you.

P.S. As I said on your other post, what you're experiencing (vomiting, not being able to eat more than 2 T of food, etc) is NOT normal for someone 12 weeks out. Call your clinic. There's something going on.

Edited by catwoman7

TY catwoman7 and Arabesque

ok i am horrible at figuring how much i lost i think i meant 10 a month..lol i stated at 223 and yesterday i weighed in at 187 an its week 12 so whatever that turns out to be. he did say it should be 30 a month. so i am friggin failing evidently lol

i have landed in the hospital 2 times to get iv fluids. i have expressed my concern and issues to the doc but he keeps saying to be patient and it takes time and everyone is different. blah blah.. and reiterates what to do again. doc says 3 pieces of anything is all i am suppose to eat. i dont think a body can survive on that. hence my issues.

at yesterdays apt FINALLY they said to try prilosec and the anti-nausea med once a day and see if that helps - if not they are gonna look into my gallbladder. i agree my gut feeling is there is something odd gong on.. this cant be. i have another apt next week - and if not more normal by then i am gonna insist on an x-ray or something.

thank you both for you comments.

2 minutes ago, sunnynonni said:

TY catwoman7 and Arabesque

ok i am horrible at figuring how much i lost i think i meant 10 a month..lol i stated at 223 and yesterday i weighed in at 187 an its week 12 so whatever that turns out to be. he did say it should be 30 a month. so i am friggin failing evidently lol

i have landed in the hospital 2 times to get iv fluids. i have expressed my concern and issues to the doc but he keeps saying to be patient and it takes time and everyone is different. blah blah.. and reiterates what to do again. doc says 3 pieces of anything is all i am suppose to eat. i dont think a body can survive on that. hence my issues.

at yesterdays apt FINALLY they said to try prilosec and the anti-nausea med once a day and see if that helps - if not they are gonna look into my gallbladder. i agree my gut feeling is there is something odd gong on.. this cant be. i have another apt next week - and if not more normal by then i am gonna insist on an x-ray or something.

thank you both for you comments.

given your starting weight, 30 lbs a month is unrealistic. Most of us lose somewhere in the 15-25 lb range the first month (of course there are exceptions to that, but...they're exceptions), and with your low starting weight, I'd expect you to be on the lower end of that. Plus that's just the first month. After the first month, rate of weight loss drops quite a bit. Most of us have a big drop the first month (or maybe two months for some of us), and after that it's around 10 lbs a month. So you're fine. And your surgeon is being very unrealistic. Maybe he's used to patients who start out much heavier than you? I'm not sure, but his expectations are way off.

I'm glad they'll be starting you on prilosec. Actually, many surgeons prescribe it for the first 3-6 months after surgery (mine prescribed it for the first year, but that was a few years ago before all the potential side effects of PPIs were known - I wouldn't be surprised if he's reduced it to 3-6 months at this point). At any rate, that might help. And if not, yes - gall bladder could be the culprit.

keep us posted...

Your surgeon expects you to lose 30lb a month with a start weight of 227lb? That is ridiculous, talk about setting up a patient for disappointment and sense of failure.

well glad to hear.. that was exactly my thought about the starting weight and expectations on loss.. i was too the point of wanting to pass out at any given point in the day - so i couldnt imagine what my body would go through if i lost at the rate the doc suggested.

You might need to consider a second opinion.

funny i was just thinking that today... TY i will try to find another one in the area.