Jump to content
×
Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Edibles after surgery...



Recommended Posts

Hi all!

So I just came back from vacation where I ate solids, drank alcohol and had edibles! Good times! But don't worry, I am back to my dull healthy life :)

I did read some post about drinking after the sleeve and was super cautious about it. However, for me, I was able to handle my alcohol just fine. For reference, Im a whiskey girl and I drank it straight to avoid soda and sugar. I also had some vodka spiked mimosa's.

Now, I'm not much of a smoker and prefer alcohol to marijuana but every once in a while I'll have an edible. This time, I had half a Gummy worm and experienced a full high! After laughing uncontrollably for 2 hours I knocked out for 4 hours! Then I woke up an ate a full meal! No restrictions! The following day I had a small bite of the remaining half of the gummy and felt the SAME high as the night before. I ate 6 chicken wings and a chicken tender! Thats a whole lot of food for me right now.

Personally, edibles are not my favorite distraction but this was definitely a different experience post surgery. I am SOO happy I didn't eat the whole gummy. BE WARNED!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

12 hours ago, XtinaDoesIt said:

Hi all!

So I just came back from vacation where I ate solids, drank alcohol and had edibles! Good times! But don't worry, I am back to my dull healthy life :)

I did read some post about drinking after the sleeve and was super cautious about it. However, for me, I was able to handle my alcohol just fine. For reference, Im a whiskey girl and I drank it straight to avoid soda and sugar. I also had some vodka spiked mimosa's.

Now, I'm not much of a smoker and prefer alcohol to marijuana but every once in a while I'll have an edible. This time, I had half a Gummy worm and experienced a full high! After laughing uncontrollably for 2 hours I knocked out for 4 hours! Then I woke up an ate a full meal! No restrictions! The following day I had a small bite of the remaining half of the Gummy and felt the SAME high as the night before. I ate 6 chicken wings and a chicken tender! Thats a whole lot of food for me right now.

Personally, edibles are not my favorite distraction but this was definitely a different experience post surgery. I am SOO happy I didn't eat the whole gummy. BE WARNED!

Wait...You are 3 weeks post op drinking booze and eating solid foods and a good bit of solid food it sounds like. Is your Doc & NUT OK with this?

Edited by Tim C

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, Tim C said:

3 weeks

I'm 8 weeks out and I'm sure they are prob not ok with it it. But it was my sister's wedding and I decided for myself that I needed some fun to stay sane. I survived and I'm back to my normal doc approved diet. On a side note, I actually kept up with my diet on the trip most of the time. The only time I ate a large amount of food was after the gummies. That's really why I gave that warning. I didn't really drink that much either. My self control has definitely improved and I was able to get right back to my pre vacation habits as soon as I came back.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recent Topics

  • Most popular:

  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs
    ×