Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Going to Red Lobster at 4 weeks post op

Is it a good idea to go to red lobster and get their maple chicken and potatoes at 4 weeks post op? I know I’m not going to be able to eat much, I had a slice of low fat turkey earlier and it made me feel bloated.I think it’s because I eat to fast.

Ask your nutritionist.

5 minutes ago, bufbills said:

Ask your nutritionist.

I’m cleared for solid foods

Edited by Nanagrrl3

I'd get the snow crab legs. Crab is soft, delicious, not too much volume. High quality protien.

Edited by Creekimp13

I agree - ask your dietitian. I wouldn't have been able to eat that, but that might just be me. I didn't eat potatoes until I was probably a year out - also, some people have trouble with chicken the first few weeks or months. I remember eating shrimp cocktail early out, although I can't remember exactly when that was. I could eat like four of them.

On 4/2/2021 at 10:19 PM, Creekimp13 said:

I'd get the snow crab legs. Crab is soft, delicious, not too much volume. High quality protien.

Snow crab legs also naturally take forever to eat so win win.

omg this is the first quote I read since my surgery and I was happy to you are ready for lobster! I am not craving anything but I would like to be able to eat something like that one day and not feel so guilty. let us know if it sat well and I would probably not combine it with butter i know sometimes they add butter to seafood. that oil and fat might not go well. dont know. everyone tolerates different thou. I have not had crab legs since I went to vegas all you can eat buffet i think once I am cleared I will do just that lobster diner and crab legs!

1 hour ago, 2021NewMe said:

omg this is the first quote I read since my surgery and I was happy to you are ready for lobster! I am not craving anything but I would like to be able to eat something like that one day and not feel so guilty. let us know if it sat well and I would probably not combine it with butter i know sometimes they add butter to seafood. that oil and fat might not go well. dont know. everyone tolerates different thou. I have not had crab legs since I went to vegas all you can eat buffet i think once I am cleared I will do just that lobster diner and crab legs!

Hi,congrats on your surgery!I ended up not going,I looked at the menu and decided against it.I don’t eat seafood, I was just gonna go with a family member.

I've did something similar, sadly it was part of my family lifestyles I have no control. I notice that after surgery buttery sauces like the ones they used at Red Lobster didn't agree with me, everytime I ate shrimps or steaks in delicious garlic butter goodness I have dumping symptoms. I had sweet potatoes too at some point and hit a weightloss stall for days. Dr scolded me hehehe.

Sent from my SM-F707U1 using BariatricPal mobile app

Just now, Shava said:

I've did something similar, sadly it was part of my family lifestyles I have no control. I notice that after surgery buttery sauces like the ones they used at Red Lobster didn't agree with me, everytime I ate shrimps or steaks in delicious garlic butter goodness I have dumping symptoms. I had sweet potatoes too at some point and hit a weightloss stall for days. Dr scolded me hehehe.

Yes my family is the same,I ended up not going though thankfully

5 hours ago, Shava said:

omg I have not had lobster in years! I do remember the buttery goodness they give on the side, but now I will be content with only the lobster! Just had the surgery and I want to do everything right! i am seeing the scale go down and I swear I can't believe it!

5 hours ago, Shava said:

Did you have the sleeve or bypass?

6 hours ago, Shava said:

I had the Sleeve on Feb 5th

I didn’t think the dumping was really a thing with the sleeve but haven’t had anything really fattening or greasy yet. Guess I have that to look forward to.

I have dumped twice...both times from eating eggs. It wasn't pleasant, but I can now eat them and buttery sauces with no issues.