Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

16 minutes ago, Em Cal said:

I went in the first night because I threw up brown stuff and couldn’t manage the nausea. Looking back I don’t think I was tolerating Water very well. They said I was dehydrated, gave me fluids, I think morphine, consulted with the bariatric dr on call and sent me home saying I’m not gonna die. I’m still having gas pains and still kind of dizzy but I think things will get better once I get different sources of Protein and liquids. Hang in there!

I just want you to know that I threw up brown, red, white, you name the shade and it came out. And every time it did come out I felt excruciating pain. But three days later and now in the evening, I am feeling human again.

it really does get better by the hour. The trick is just stay hydrated.

Surgery was yesterday 4/29.
I was originally scheduled in February but started reading horror stories online and had a panic attack few days prior. Hence why I signed up post operatively.

so 1 day post op in the hospital bed trying to distract myself from the gas pain.

1 hour ago, JadeMahrie said:

Surgery was yesterday 4/29.
I was originally scheduled in February but started reading horror stories online and had a panic attack few days prior. Hence why I signed up post operatively.

so 1 day post op in the hospital bed trying to distract myself from the gas pain.

Good luck with recovery. Take one day at a time and know that each day only represents that day, not your forever.

Also, the "freaking out" a week or so before surgery seems to be kind of common per posts on here. I got really nervous around a week before as well. I talked with my WLS program, made a I'm freaking out post on here, and talked with my own therapist. This all helped because responses normalized my anxiety and helped me refocus on why I was having the surgery. Plus, I decided to stop reading negative posts on here and watching YouTube videos because that was creating a problem. I felt much better after that. Then right when I had surgery, I had to take a break from everything and just focused on me as we all have our own journey.

So, take care of you and know that it will be just one day at a time. Walk, walk, and walk. And reduce content intake that is not uplifting which is what you need right now. Good luck!

Thank you so much!

I fell down a rabbit hole of YouTube’s as well. Everything I thought would happen after surgery didn’t. I’m so glad I stopped reading and watching the bad stuff not was really getting to me.

9 hours ago, Em Cal said:

Thank you for your suggestions. The difference in program guidelines tells me that there is not necessarily only one way to do the stages. That actually makes me feel better, lol. Going shopping now!

My dr said the same thing. Week two I started mash potatoes by the end of the week I was able to grind real food in our magic bullet. Week three a started to get real food fish, hamburger with cheese. No bread yet. I eat very small portions and only twice a day. Still drinking Protein Shakes. I haven’t had any problems getting my Water in. I keep a bottle of water on me.

On 4/30/2021 at 5:03 AM, Tommyjohnson@13 said:

My dr said the same thing. Week two I started mash potatoes by the end of the week I was able to grind real food in our magic bullet. Week three a started to get real food fish, hamburger with cheese. No bread yet. I eat very small portions and only twice a day. Still drinking Protein Shakes. I haven’t had any problems getting my Water in. I keep a bottle of Water on me.

I tried the ricotta bake for dinner, I'm not a huge fan of ricotta so I did half ricotta and half fat free cream cheese. Wow, it was so good. I need to start stool softener for all the cheese but, might be worth it. 😁

Hi fellow April surgeries! I’m new to the group. I had my surgery on April 22nd. I chose Gastric Sleeve for my journey. My big question to everyone is, how are you feeling post-op? I was given the go ahead yesterday to begin eating solid foods again. I’m nervous to try things for fear of getting sick. Yesterday I had part of a chicken leg and a tsp. of mashed potatoes. I’m doing good so far, but my tummy gurgles are much louder now. 😳

33 minutes ago, CKaanoi73 said:

Hi fellow April surgeries! I’m new to the group. I had my surgery on April 22nd. I chose Gastric Sleeve for my journey. My big question to everyone is, how are you feeling post-op? I was given the go ahead yesterday to begin eating solid foods again. I’m nervous to try things for fear of getting sick. Yesterday I had part of a chicken leg and a tsp. of mashed potatoes. I’m doing good so far, but my tummy gurgles are much louder now. 😳

Wow! I had mine on 4/23 (bypass). I’m getting control over getting enough Protein and fluids but my drs are still on this program schedule. I haven’t had any problems past my first night. However, I feel good and wanted real food so I skipped to eating soft foods yesterday. No problem at all! (Except yeah, my stomach gurgles more and I’m way more gassy). I eat fairly slow but I also suspect that I could eat a little faster than they say. Anybody try eating at a “normal” pace? Like not racing, just normal?

Oh, man. So sorry you’re still in pain. I had a persistent pain on my left side just below my rib cage running dow almost to my hip. It hurt to breathe. It is still there slightly, but overall feeling better.

Take it day by day. Is the pain improving at all? If not, I would speak with the dr again.

I’m 6 days post op doing okay .. minimal pain just sore and gassy lol so far so good have held everything I’ve tried down but noticed my face is very pale and drawn out ??? I don’t look well kinda creepy

2 hours ago, MissyG133 said:

I’m 6 days post op doing okay .. minimal pain just sore and gassy lol so far so good have held everything I’ve tried down but noticed my face is very pale and drawn out ??? I don’t look well kinda creepy

7 days post op and I look the same! I’m a weird grey color & don’t care to put makeup on.