Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm also on 3rd day of two weeks. I'm right there with you - this is hard!

7 hours ago, Jennlovesfit said:

My surgeon wants two ducking weeks

Its definitely tough, especially when you have a family to feed and its the weekend. We tend to eat out more on the weekends.

On 4/22/2021 at 7:40 PM, NurseShannonRN_RNY said:

Tomorrow is the big day for me! 4/23! I’m so excited!!

Hope your surgery went well today! Sending good recovery vibes! 😊

April 29th! I can't believe it!

I have surgery on April 26th at 8 am. But I have a story to tell. I had the lap band back in 2013. It was successful and I lost 30 lbs. I had to really exercise to keep my weight in check but I looked and felt great. Then, unfortunately, I had serious complications and I had to take it out the band last year during COVID. I had been thin for so long that I felt very in control. I was exercising as a lifestyle and not to lose weight. I truly enjoyed it. Then in one year, I gained 45 lbs because I was having other health issues that prevented me from exercising my normal routine. The doctor said it was perimenopause, it was the steroids I took, etc... I was so down I cannot even begin to tell you. Then I became a bit depressed and literally hid from the world and gained yet another 15 lbs. I did not understand what i was doing wrong. I did everything to lose weight. Jenny Craig, street rider bicycle, Noom, you name it I tried it and nothing. Every time I stepped on the scale I went up. so awful.

I have decided to do this with the clear understanding that i have to work at it again to stay slim. You really have to put in the leg work. This is a great tool and I pray I lose the now 60 lbs I have to lose. I will try my hardest but diet is everything and I am reaching menopause which will only make it even harder.
So here I am looking for support and enjoying hearing other people's success stories.

My surgery is scheduled for tomorrow 4/27 however today my Dr called me telling me I tested positive for Covid I laughed and said how can this be I had Covid in November and had my last moderna vaccine on March 27th. At this point I’m feeling so discouraged as I did everything I was suppose to and don’t understand how I tested positive actually the test came back “abnormal” but my dr stated they have to treat it as a positive test result 😞😢😢😢

5 hours ago, Raxar005 said:

My surgery is scheduled for tomorrow 4/27 however today my Dr called me telling me I tested positive for Covid I laughed and said how can this be I had Covid in November and had my last moderna vaccine on March 27th. At this point I’m feeling so discouraged as I did everything I was suppose to and don’t understand how I tested positive actually the test came back “abnormal” but my dr stated they have to treat it as a positive test result 😞😢😢😢

My surgery is scheduled for tomorrow as well, and I was so nervous for something to come back funky with my Covid test. I'm so sorry to hear this happened! Were they able to rapid test you?

I had surgery on 4/19 and today I go get my stitches out and I’m returning to work tomorrow! I feel great having had a small hernia repair and my lap- band removed at the same time. I experienced very little pain, only taking Tylenol the first day home. My dr also prescribed gabapentin which helps with nerve pain. I think this made a huge difference. Yesterday I got to have hummus and cottage cheese so the food front is looking up! I stop eating but still haven’t felt that “ full” feeling yet, maybe when solid foods start? Being back at work will be great. At home I want to clean but not allowed to lift anything.

Hope everyone is doing well!

15 hours ago, linnea29 said:

I had surgery on 4/19 and today I go get my stitches out and I’m returning to work tomorrow! I feel great having had a small hernia repair and my lap- band removed at the same time. I experienced very little pain, only taking Tylenol the first day home. My dr also prescribed gabapentin which helps with nerve pain. I think this made a huge difference. Yesterday I got to have hummus and cottage cheese so the food front is looking up! I stop eating but still haven’t felt that “ full” feeling yet, maybe when solid foods start? Being back at work will be great. At home I want to clean but not allowed to lift anything.

Hope everyone is doing well!

That is great news, I am hoping to see a light at the end of the tunnel.

On 4/25/2021 at 12:54 AM, TSH1222 said:

I have surgery on April 26th at 8 am. But I have a story to tell. I had the lap band back in 2013. It was successful and I lost 30 lbs. I had to really exercise to keep my weight in check but I looked and felt great. Then, unfortunately, I had serious complications and I had to take it out the band last year during COVID. I had been thin for so long that I felt very in control. I was exercising as a lifestyle and not to lose weight. I truly enjoyed it. Then in one year, I gained 45 lbs because I was having other health issues that prevented me from exercising my normal routine. The doctor said it was perimenopause, it was the steroids I took, etc... I was so down I cannot even begin to tell you. Then I became a bit depressed and literally hid from the world and gained yet another 15 lbs. I did not understand what i was doing wrong. I did everything to lose weight. Jenny Craig, street rider bicycle, Noom, you name it I tried it and nothing. Every time I stepped on the scale I went up. so awful.

I have decided to do this with the clear understanding that i have to work at it again to stay slim. You really have to put in the leg work. This is a great tool and I pray I lose the now 60 lbs I have to lose. I will try my hardest but diet is everything and I am reaching menopause which will only make it even harder.
So here I am looking for support and enjoying hearing other people's success stories.

Update, April 27th. I had surgery yesterday and well... No one told me how incredibly painful and uncomfortable this surgery would be. I was regretting every minute of it. I want to be honest about my experience because today is a much better day albeit still feeling a little bad. Yesterday, they gave me Dilaudid for pain by doctor orders. I have never taken this med and truthfully i was so out of sorts i do not know how to even explain it. The side effects were, in my opinion, equal to the pain. I had to request something else because the pain of vomiting and nausea were unbelievable. They gave me morphine, same side effects. Then they gave me Toradol and it was a perfect fit for me. I slept for 4 straight hours and i woke up without feeling groggy or terrible. I had heartburn but it went away. Basically the first 24 hours after surgery were a complete nightmare. Then the morning came and i really felt much better throughout the day and was allowed to go home. They were going to keep me because of the vomitting but after taking toradol with no side effects, they decided it was okay. Today I was able to stand with less pain and the truth can be said throughout today i moved around carefully but easier. Pain meds twice a day ( they sent me home with percocet ) but i am doing well. Taking small sips is very important but with every passing hour I feel better.

The positive news here, the first 24 hours were terrible but they will pass and I am feeling much much better. Updating my journey.

On 3/29/2021 at 4:15 PM, BigDreamer2021 said:

I just got my Surgery date! Its April 26th...anyone else having surgery in April??

Day 2 post surgery. Feeling better.

Mine was April 6!