Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Does anyone else feel ignored or isolated from people who don’t want to accept your choice to have WLS or don’t want to take the time to understand your reasonings? Do people feel ignored on here as well sometimes?

It's ok to distance relationships if they are not supportive.

You had a lap band years ago, right? Were people supportive then? Did you get your surgery date for the sleeve yet?

The only person that has to be happy with your medical decision is you. Don't waste you time or energy trying to educate someone who is against bariatrics.

I hope you don't feel ignored on this site. You have 26 posts. Give it time, post more and ask questions.

I am fortunate enough to have the support of my husband and best friend but that is all I told. Between them and this site I feel like I have all the support that I need. I agree that you will not feel ignored on this site if you give it time because this has been the most supportive group of people I have ever known.

i have only been a member for like three weeks now and I am already talking about Constipation with more ease than with my own spouse...and getting helpful responses about it too. And when I messed up and ate food I wasn’t supposed to it was this site that calmed my anxiety that I had ruined everything.

We are all humans but have so much more in common here. If you still feel isolated and ignored consider talking to the therapist for your team. They truly do have a lot to offer during this journey and a big part of it is taking care of your emotional health.

Only one person knows about my first WL procedure (assuming she hasn't told anyone), she'd had a lapband many years ago, so knows of weight loss struggles.

I didn't tell anyone of my revision procedure, some people may suspect something but haven't directly asked.

I chose to go the privacy route because essentially it isn't any one's else business, I didn't tell all and sundry when I went through very early menopause, why is WLS any different.

For these reasons no one ignores my WLS or any struggles I may experience or may have experienced, put simply they don't know.

I can't say I've ever felt ignored on bariatricpal, I may have had a post or two where nobody responsed, but that's fine if the post didn't or doesn't prompt someone to reply, it obviously doesn't/didn't gel with anyone, it is what it is. I do think profile status updates are more frequently not responded to vs forum posts, so if they are going unanswered better to post on the forums. Status updates aren't out in the public sphere in the same way our posts are, so generally quite a few probably go unanswered.

1 hour ago, ShoppGirl said:

a big part of it is taking care of your emotional health.

I think absolutely everyone should consider seeing the bariatric therapist. For me...that relationship...has been as beneficial as the surgery in my weight loss effort.