Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I’m one day post op and I’m having such a difficult time drinking Water and since I’ve been home I’ve noticed I’ve been vomiting and have nausea. Anyone else experienced this ?

I’m one day post op and I’m having such a difficult time drinking Water and since I’ve been home I’ve noticed I’ve been vomiting and have nausea. Anyone else experienced this ?

Im having a hard time drinking Water and im weeks out give it time and use sugar free add ins like crystal light as long as you stay hydrated....... and that could be the cause for your nausea and vomiting

Sent from my SM-S515DL using BariatricPal mobile app

1 hour ago, Bella2021 said:

I’ve only had vomiting and nausea when they obstructed my biles after RNY. Definitely not trying to scare just responding to your question. Make sure you are taking small sips. If your nausea and vomiting keeps happening please call your surgeon.

I had nausea the first day or two, but I was still in the hospital and they just put Zofran in my IV line to control it - but since you're home, that wouldn't be a solution. I'd just let your clinic know if it lasts for more than another day or two.

They sent me home with anti-nausea pills. I took them the first or second day after getting home because I couldn’t even drink Water. Try calling your program and ask about getting some anti-nausea meds.

I’m 4 days post op and it definitely gets easier. Today was the first day I was able to get close to my 64oz but definitely felt like a full time job. Protein Drink makes me sick so I’ve been eating 1-2 oikos pro yogurts which total 50 grams of Protein. I split those 12 oz in yogurt into four different Snacks. It definitely gets better. Never realized how much I enjoyed chicken stock

I had nausea the first day or two, but I was still in the hospital and they just put Zofran in my IV line to control it - but since you're home, that wouldn't be a solution. I'd just let your clinic know if it lasts for more than another day or two.
Same here they actually sent me home with some Zofran also but didn't need it after the first day home. I'm almost 4 weeks and just starting to tolerate Water a little bit I still can't get but two sips down ice pops (sugar free) is the best way to go and it will help nausea too and use crystal light thats a big help.

Sent from my SM-S515DL using BariatricPal mobile app

On 3/27/2021 at 6:08 PM, Mark P3 said:

I’m 4 days post op and it definitely gets easier. Today was the first day I was able to get close to my 64oz but definitely felt like a full time job. Protein Drink makes me sick so I’ve been eating 1-2 oikos pro yogurts which total 50 grams of Protein. I split those 12 oz in yogurt into four different Snacks. It definitely gets better. Never realized how much I enjoyed chicken stock

My program does not have yogurt in this stage. But good to know it is working for you. I might switch if I continue having problems getting my shakes in. I started my day with E- drink(Gatorade zero) cuz I was getting leg cramps. Then tried to get in my shake for Breakfast and started getting nauseous- probably sipping too quickly. Time for a nap. This is a bit exhausting to keep attention on sipping without without getting sick.

I had my surgery on Wednesday the 24th. I got up to normal liquid intake at about day 3 or 4. The first few days were the toughest.
the clear liquid stage was the hardest, now I’m on “full liquids” so I drink two shakes a day and the rest of my day is Water. I can get my 64 ounces in easy now.
I won’t move onto puréed food until 2 weeks post op.

On 3/27/2021 at 8:07 AM, catwoman7 said:

They make a patch that goes behind your ear for nausea. I had it in hospital in addition to iv medication but I bet you could have that or some other rx pills. I would call your dr. Why suffer needlessly.

I also had a hard time with nausea throwing up for a full 2 days but at least I had IV fluids. I also had to have a urinary catheter because I couldn’t urinate. I asked for a stronger anti nausea med and it helped immensely. It’s awful throwing up after surgery. I hope you feel better soon.