Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

11 days preOp diet is Hell! Who else is days away?

Veggies ok, Protein Bars, and shakes ok salads ok but why can't I have at least some cottage cheese or eggs whites or something solid other than veggies! I had to eat some grilled chicken I kept it as a minimal amount I hope this does not count as cheating! Anyone else going through this hard time? who else is days away from the big day?

you're actually lucky - a lot of people can't eat any solids at all. The only thing "solid" I could eat was sugar free Jello (which I ate with abandon since it was the only thing I could have that resembled real food). Otherwise, it was no-calorie beverages, broth, and V8/tomato juice (and the last two were limited - I think a cup a day). And 4-5 Protein Shakes. It was tough..

I am thankful I went through the program I did. I could eat a variety of things until I was 2 days pre-op. I had a list of foods that I could eat and the number of servings allowed per day. chicken, fish, egg whites, fruit, veggies, etc... I was actually never hungry. I just ate something off the list every 2 hours or so.

Since your surgeon does not want you eating solids, I would not make a habit of it. But since I could eat chicken up until the last two days, I am certain eating it once will not cause you any issues with your surgery.

I haven't had any complications whatsoever. I haven't taken anything for pain (not even Tylenol) since being discharged from the hospital. Four days post-op, it didn't even hurt to stand up anymore. The only time I feel anything is when I overdue it. And it isn't pain and doesn't last long.

Edited by jmarie26

1 minute ago, jmarie26 said:

I am thankful I went through the program I did. I could eat a variety of things until I was 2 days pre-op. I had a list of foods that I could eat and the number of servings allowed per day. chicken, fish, egg whites, fruit, veggies, etc... I was actually never hungry. I just ate something off the list every 2 hours or so.

Since your surgeon does not want you eating solids, I would not make a habit of it. But since I could eat chicken up until the last two days, I am certain eating it once will not cause you an issues with your surgery.

I haven't had any complications whatsoever. I haven't taken anything for pain (not even Tylenol) since being discharged from the hospital. Four days post-op, it didn't even hurt to stand up anymore. The only time I feel anything is when I overdue it. And it isn't pain and doesn't last long.

Your preop diet seems so much better! just being allowed to eat fish and chicken that is ideal, I don't want to continue to ruin my diet but eating just chicken it does help to be less hungry. I am going to try my hardest this last 11 not to eat the chicken at all but it is so hard.

I am glad to hear that you had no complications and had no pain this is very encouraging especially leading up to this hard process.

2 hours ago, catwoman7 said:

you're actually lucky - a lot of people can't eat any solids at all. The only thing "solid" I could eat was sugar free Jello (which I ate with abandon since it was the only thing I could have that resembled real food). Otherwise, it was no-calorie beverages, broth, and V8/tomato juice (and the last two were limited - I think a cup a day). And 4-5 Protein Shakes. It was tough..

omg no way I thought I was like the most restricted diet ever! I can't believe how can someone keep to it and for like 2 or 3 weeks. This is crazy I guess i have to continue to think about the reason the motive I keep forgetting its within my reach and I am in the finish line. It has just been so many years of trying to get this surgery it feels like its not really going to happen. The one thing also that helped me was to focus less on food and more on just other things I enjoy.

I am 11 days away, I’ve been on a pre op diet for for 8 days. But today I cheated and I feel stressed that my surgery won’t happen now.
the diet I’m on is 2 Protein Shakes a day and Water.

I feel horrible and I know I messed up, I just needed to vent.

36 minutes ago, Lizp5 said:

I am 11 days away, I’ve been on a pre op diet for for 8 days. But today I cheated and I feel stressed that my surgery won’t happen now.

11 days away we are going to have our surgeries almost the same day! It is so hard but my teen told me something that just keeps coming to mind when I am weak and want to just eat it, and that is this is temporary! so I keep in mind that a few weeks post op we can have cottage cheese and eggs again!

My pre op diet starts Saturday (3 days away) and is definitely less restrictive - 2 Protein Shakes a day and unlimited raw veggies. One small meal of 4oz lean meat and cooked veggies. One small healthy snack (cottage cheese, piece of fruit). Then liquids only for the day prior.

For those that finished pre op in March... how'd you finish up? Made it?

Sent from my SM-G973U using BariatricPal mobile app

21 hours ago, Kap143 said:

My pre op diet starts Saturday (3 days away) and is definitely less restrictive - 2 Protein Shakes a day and unlimited raw veggies. One small meal of 4oz lean meat and cooked veggies. One small healthy snack (cottage cheese, piece of fruit). Then liquids only for the day prior.

For those that finished pre op in March... how'd you finish up? Made it?

Sent from my SM-G973U using BariatricPal mobile app

that is more reasonable! I don't understand how if obviously food got us into this situation how would a strict diet be so simple for us, it doesn't make sense.

I'm late to ur post but maybe a newbie will see this....I saw a woman on youtube do this and I'm in nursing school and it makes perfect sense in regards to Fluid & electrolyte levels....drink a 0 cal gatorade in the morning before you flush your body with a ton of water daily. It avoids headaches and fatigue [emoji177]

Sent from my SM-G975U using BariatricPal mobile app